PDA

View Full Version : Something I need to say, but am sad....

clydetheboosmom
11-17-2009, 09:42 AM
For all my friends....

My partner, love, companion, best friend (human-wise, anyway!) Norman passed away two weeks ago today on November 3rd.

Norm was and is the love of my life and I am very very sad. Although he battled his cancer with success, a staph infection took him away from me in just 4 short days....

Please remember Norman in your prayers, and I ask for you all to keep me company, as I struggle through this very difficult time.

Thanks!

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

labblab
11-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Oh Lynne...

I am so sorry. Those four little words seem so inadequate, but my heart is in them and I so hope you can feel my hug from across the miles. Thank you, thank you, thank you for telling us about Norm, and for giving us this opportunity to say our prayers for you both.

We are here for you. Our eyes and ears and hearts are here for you. So please do keep writing, so that we can try to return some of the kindness and support that you have given so willingly to so many here. It is your turn to "receive" right now Lynne, so open your arms, because here come the hugs....

In loving memory of your beloved Norm, and always in friendship with you ~
Marianne

littleone1
11-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi Lynne,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I know how painful it is when you lose someone that you really love. I lost my husband 4 years ago. I thank God that Corky was with me. He gave me the strength I needed. I know you will have some very trying times, but you will get through it. It does get easier to cope with as time goes by.

We are always here to lend an ear.

Squirt's Mom
11-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Oh Lynne,

Words just fail me...tears are falling...my heart is aching for your loss. Please know that I am with you in spirit, holding you in my arms, crying along with you. I know the pain of losing one so important to your life and it can be difficult to go on, but please know that you are never alone, we are just a click away.

Our love and deepest sympathies,
Leslie, Ruby, Squirt, Goldie and Crystal

corgipallie
11-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Oh Lynne,
I am so so so sorry for your loss. I wish I had words to help. We are all here for you. Always.

Steph

lulusmom
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Lynne, there are no words to express how sorry I am for your loss. Words fail me now but please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Norm.

With deepest and most sincere sympathies,

Glynda

Coolidge
11-17-2009, 01:25 PM
My sincerest sympathies on your loss. I hope and pray that God enfolds you in his arms and gives you comfort, just as he did when he reached his hands out for Norm. We are here for you in this time of extraordinary grief.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

forscooter
11-17-2009, 01:43 PM
My sweet dear Lynne,

How many times have you rescued me? How many times has your faith carried me? How many times did your strength and courage sustain me?

And here I am...speechless, unable to formulate one comprehensive thought to help you....to carry and sustain you as you have done for me. I have spent all morning on what to say, what to do, something and anything to reach out to you with....and it fails me.

I have a cup with your name on it...I wish I understood why so much has happened to someone I think is truly an angel...and have so many questions about that. But this angel taught me, brought me back to having faith, and I will try to abide by that faith now that you will get through this although I understand your deep heartache. I will try to accept that it is one more thing I don't understand, the why of it all, and just try to be here for you always.

Prayers for you, my friend, are always a given. And my heart comes to you over the miles to try and wrap you in some comfort and love.

I am going to call you....this week...I promise I will...

Lots of love and hugs and one cup we share....Beth, Bailey, always Scoobie, Allo and Baby Pallie

BestBuddy
11-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Lynne,
I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and I'll keep the prayers coming.
Jenny

Dollydog
11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Precious Lynne,
I am so very sorry for your loss...words are so futile. I had no idea that this is what you've been battling with for the last few years. I pray that the Lord will surround you with warmth and comfort, and that you will be able to work hard at taking very good care of yourself at this time. I'll keep checking on you, here and my email too.
((((HUGS))))
Jo-Ann

Roxee's Dad
11-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Dear Lynne,

I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

John II
11-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Dear Lynne,

I am so sorry for your loss.
As others have said, words are inadequate.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
:(

gpgscott
11-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Dear Lynne,

I am so sad for you in your loss.

You have always been so generous and caring to so many here.

Please try to feel the love and caring flowing back to you now in this time of your loss.

God's blessings to us all.

Scott

sunimist
11-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Dear Lynne,

I am so very sorry for your devastating loss. Words fail me at this time, but my thoughts and prayers are with you, as well as a heart full of love and hugs.

May God grant you peace and strength as he wraps His loving arms around you.

Shelba and Suni

ladysmom06
11-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Dear Lynne,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Wishing there was something I could say to ease your pain. Please know I'm here for you. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you my friend.

mypuppy
11-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Dear Lynne,

Always remember, no matter come what may....you are worthy without proof. God loves you and so do I. God Bless...Jeanette

For all my friends....

My partner, love, companion, best friend (human-wise, anyway!) Norman passed away two weeks ago today on November 3rd.

Norm was and is the love of my life and I am very very sad. Although he battled his cancer with success, a staph infection took him away from me in just 4 short days....

Please remember Norman in your prayers, and I ask for you all to keep me company, as I struggle through this very difficult time.

Thanks!

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

Carol G
11-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Dear Lynne,

I am so sorry. My thoughts are and will be with you.

Carol

Harley PoMMom
11-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Dear Lynne,

I am so very sorry for your loss, and my heart goes out to you during this most painful time. Please remember we will always be here for you. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

With Heartfelt Sympathy,
Lori

zoesmom
11-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Oh Lynne,

You must be devastated. Like the others, I don't know what to say other than I am so so sorry. Sue

MiniSchnauzerMom
11-18-2009, 04:05 AM
Dear Lynne,

I am so very sorry that your partner, companion and love of your life has passed away. Norman will be remembered in my prayers and I'm also saying a special prayer just for you.

With Deepest Sympathy,
Louise

Spiceysmum
11-18-2009, 04:38 AM
Lynne,

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Linda

SasAndYunah
11-18-2009, 04:54 AM
Dear Lynne,

we aren't that familiar with each other but one doesn't have to be very close to be able to understand and know how devestating the loss of such a special person in someone's life is. I am truly very sorry for your loss and I wish you all the strength and courage you need.

Thinking of you,

Saskia and Yunah.

clydetheboosmom
11-18-2009, 08:38 AM
I read the replies to this thread that I agonized over posting...I didn't want to bring anybody down, you all have lives and stress to deal with on your own accord...but I needed to tell you. I can feel the tears running now over the beautiful posts...

I wish I could say I am so much better that we don't have to revisit this thread, but it would be a lie...I need to read and feel your prayers and love and hugs because I am feeling very alone...which is something I never wish on anyone. Unfortunately, I do not have a strong support system...I have a couple of people who are unclear what to do with me, I suppose :rolleyes:

Clyde has been limping again and he has a sore on his face and I need to take him to Tufts, but to be honest, I'm petrified to do it. He's 12 now, and his appetite, bowels and bladder and attitude has been good, so I am just giving him the Tramadol and Meloxicam and trying to hold off until after Thanksgiving. I just can't hear anything negative right now, selfish as that sounds. Please tell me I'm not a bad mommy...!

I miss Norman so much right now I feel like I can't breathe. Like I told so many people, we had all these multitudes of conversations about the cancer...none about an infection!

Love you all - thank you and please, be patient with me, and keep letting me know you are here!

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

Franklin'sMum
11-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Lynne,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know we are thinking and praying for you.

With deepest sympathies to you and yours,

((Hugs))
Jane and Franklin
________
Parkwood (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_Parkwood)

sarahbera1
11-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Lynne,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you in this time of grief.

With Sympathy,
Sarah

labblab
11-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Oh Lynne, we are most definitely here!! And I hope that you will be able to believe that your choice to tell us what has happened is actually a gift to us, and in no way a burden. You are so right that we all have pain and stresses in our lives. But by giving us the opportunity to reach out to you right now, you are also giving us permission to ask for help ourselves at those times when we are struggling the hardest. By reaching out to one another -- both as givers and receivers -- we build connections that are strong enough to support us all!

So this is your place to come and talk as much and as often as you want. For me, that has always been the beauty of this family. It doesn't matter what time of day or night, I can always come and write. I know I'm not bothering anybody by telephoning at an odd hour or an inconvenient time. I can write when I want or need to, and people can answer when the time is right for them.

So please come back and fill us in on as much or as little as you wish. As for Clyde, I'm so sorry that he has stuff going on right now! I totally understand your wish to "circle the wagons" for another couple of weeks, and you could never be a bad mommy! I wouldn't think the limping calls for immediate attention unless it worsens. And I'm thinking that the only pressing issue with the sore is that you would want to make sure it doesn't get infected. I forget whether you have a regular vet, or whether Tufts is handling all the care now. If you have a local vet, maybe he/she could have a quick look/see if the sore looks nasty to you?

I'll be watching for whatever additional info you care to tell us, either about Norm or Clyde or YOU...

Marianne

Roxee's Dad
11-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Dear Lynne,

I can only echo what Marianne said as I could not say it any better myself. Although sad and heartbreaking, I do feel it a privilege and an honor to share in our member's and friend’s happiness, sadness and grief.

We are here for you anytime. My continued thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dollydog
11-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Lynne,
You are never a burden to us!!! As usual Marianne has said everything so beautifully that I've nothing to add except to second everything she has already expressed.
I have beautiful supportive people around me but this family is different. I was so alone when I started the cushings/diabetes journey with Lady and this family took that "aloneness" away. I could always come here and "talk". I feel that some of the people on here will be friends for life and I look forward to the day when I can meet up with at least one, if not a whole lot more.
I know we can't fill the hole that Norman has left in your life but we can help with the process.
Must run now but will be back. Maybe a quick trip to your local vet is a good idea.
(((HUGS)))
Jo-Ann
PS- Talking to us is one way of taking good care of yourself :)

mypuppy
11-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Dearest Lynne,
There is really nothing anyone can say that will make the pain you feel any less. This must be the most dreadful thing that has ever happened to you. I hope you realize that someday, as time ticks by, the pain will subside. You are most definitely not alone during your trial right now, but in due time you will learn that there are so many people who do care and share your deep pain. I know it is the deepest pain any person can feel to lose a part of their life. My brother died at the age of 30 when I was merely 26 years old. I felt alone, angry, withdrawn from everyone. I must admit many could not relate to my pain because they had never experienced such tragic loss in their own lives, but regardless there were a tiny few who stood by me through that worst moment in my life, and now 17 years later, here I am wishing I could be one of those people to you during your worst moment. Lynne, I am not one to preach, but I truly believe that God puts us here to learn from each other and to love. I also believe that we share as much of ourselves with those we love as God allows us to. Take comfort in knowing that Norman has just gone ahead to the next life, where he will be our teacher when each of us will someday join him. The emotional ties will never end. Your memories are like tiny photographs in the heart and you should and will have them for the balance of your life.

For now, please allow yourself to feel any way without an ounce of guilt. Loss is a very complicated and slow process which we need to experience. Treat yourself kindly during this time. Norman will always be with you, only in a different form. Support him, love him and you will feel his peace. My dear, sweet, fragile Lynne....I feel so helpless. I do so wish I could hug you and make it all go away. Please know that I am here for you, and that I keep you, Norman and the pooch in my thoughts and prayers.

All my love and blessings, Jeanette

I read the replies to this thread that I agonized over posting...I didn't want to bring anybody down, you all have lives and stress to deal with on your own accord...but I needed to tell you. I can feel the tears running now over the beautiful posts...

I wish I could say I am so much better that we don't have to revisit this thread, but it would be a lie...I need to read and feel your prayers and love and hugs because I am feeling very alone...which is something I never wish on anyone. Unfortunately, I do not have a strong support system...I have a couple of people who are unclear what to do with me, I suppose :rolleyes:

Clyde has been limping again and he has a sore on his face and I need to take him to Tufts, but to be honest, I'm petrified to do it. He's 12 now, and his appetite, bowels and bladder and attitude has been good, so I am just giving him the Tramadol and Meloxicam and trying to hold off until after Thanksgiving. I just can't hear anything negative right now, selfish as that sounds. Please tell me I'm not a bad mommy...!

I miss Norman so much right now I feel like I can't breathe. Like I told so many people, we had all these multitudes of conversations about the cancer...none about an infection!

Love you all - thank you and please, be patient with me, and keep letting me know you are here!

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

forscooter
11-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Lynne,

The strength of a chain lies within all the individual links. We are all links and and we can tow this along with you, by your side, always here for you.

We cannot fill the void that now is in your heart, but we can surely offer our love to help it heal. So many times I felt the way you do now, this time last year, that I was being a burden, a whiner, complaining to people who I knew had lives that were far from perfect....but I hope in a way I also gave back....just as you have always done here...it's a circle, constant and strong.

You a bad mommy! Don't me me drive up there and give you a talking to. I felt I let Scooter down in his final days last year....but there is only so much a human heart can endure, can do in one day, can push through. If Clyde was having an emergency you would do it...without question. This can wait. As for the sore, have you tried some neosporin or the like on it? Bailey limps on and off, good days and bad days, and I am hoping the limping is just a change with this crazy weather we have been having and that's all it is.

You are never ever alone....and we will always always always always be on your side.

Love you, Beth

Harley PoMMom
11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Dear Lynne,

Please do not ever feel like you are bringing us down, this is not true, we are here for each other. Everyone has needed support from time to time...I know I have had to come here many, many times and I received my share of support. Please come here as often as needed, we are here for you and we do so with love in hearts for you. You have given strength, love, and support to many of us when we needed it, so now let us be yours.

I am sorry you are having some issues with Clyde, I agree with Marianne on this, if the limping doesn't gets worse then it probably can wait but the sore you definitely want to watch for signs of infection. And being the wonderful mommy you are I know you will be watching Clyde for any changes.

Remember Lynne, we are here for you always.

Love and (((hugs)))
Lori

gpgscott
11-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Lynne,

Please never resist your impluse to let us in on your situation.

We are all here because we care, very much.

I think Clyde is just fine under your care, you know what is best for him.

Please continue to let us know.

Scott

lucygoo
11-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi Lynne...

I've never posted to you before, but I just came across your thread. I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you today...take care of yourself.

Gina

Squirt's Mom
11-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi Lynne,

How are you today? You have been on my mind often.

These first days will be very hard for you and how long those first days last is extremely personal - each one of us is different. You will find yourself going about "normal" things only to realize "normal" has changed forever. You will expect certain things to happen at certain times; you will expect certain responses to certain actions; your mind will tell you that sound, that smell, that shadow is "normal" - then your soul will rip further as reality crashes in again. It isn't going to happen like it always has; there will be no more responses coming; those sounds, smells and shadows are just hopeful figments of a devastated heart.

Everything "wrong" and "unfair" you think you have ever done will come down and smother you with the crushing weight of guilt.

Tangible items suddenly become sacred - their scent, their texture, their very existence. You will surround yourself with these things and draw as much comfort as you will agony from them. When those scents begin to fade, your slowly healing soul will begin to bleed once again.

As one of our members says, "been there, done that", only I would need to modify that phrase to read, "am there, doing that". Because of this, I can promise you it does get better. One second at a time, one minute at a time, one hour at a time, one day at a time...that "one" is all we have to get through at any given moment...just that "one". When we fall, we lay there until we can get back up and face the next "one". And we will get back up - every time, we will get back up. But we don't have to struggle to rise alone.

Lynne, you are family and when one family member is suffering, we are all in pain. You are never, ever alone. You can't see us, or feel our arms holding you, or see our tears falling with yours - but don't doubt this truth. Please talk to us and let us help you through this time at least. If it is too hard for you to talk openly on the board, then send a/some PM(s) or email(s). But don't you dare sit there in agony because you are afraid of 'bringing us down'. I'll be joining Beth on that ride to give you a talkin' to! ;) We are here for you, Lynne, any time, any reason, offering support, love, and understanding.

As for the "bad mom" crap - just that crap. :p No one here doubts that you will always do what is right for Clyde just as you always have. Right now, tho, concentrate on Lynne. ;)

(((((Hugs,)))))
Leslie

clydetheboosmom
11-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Thank you. Thank you all so much. I will try and write more later when I feel more able...but thank you for holding me up.

Lynne

gpgscott
11-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Lynne,

No apologies.

You are family.

Talk or not. Your choice.

Please be well.

God's blessings.

Scott

forscooter
11-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Lynne,

Still with you.....always....

All my love to you, Beth

Dollydog
11-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Me too...
(((HUGS)))
Jo-Ann

k9diabetes
11-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Loss of someone like Norman has been on my mind lately... just thinking about it has left me very sad. So I cannot imagine what it is like to be in the place that you are now. I imagine that the sudden unexpected loss just increases the trauma for you emotionally.

This has been on my mind recently in part because I by chance spoke to someone recently whose husband was diagnosed with dementia and who had to find a way to create a life for herself after she lost her partner and companion - Sheila Weinstein. She wrote a book about her experiences and at some point down the road you might find her story helpful: www.centerofthebed.com (http://www.centerofthebed.com). Not now necessarily when the pain is so raw... just a thought to tuck away if there comes a time for it.

I know only time will heal this massive tear in your heart and spirit and I hope that this outlet to talk about it, to talk about whatever you need to talk about, can help you with the process. You are a member of this family and perhaps this is the safest of all families.

Please take care of yourself,

Natalie

mypuppy
11-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi lynne, wanted to send a great big hug to you and let you know you are loved....ready? Big tight hugs.....i love ya......jeanette.......and licks to clyde from the princess..

thank you. Thank you all so much. I will try and write more later when i feel more able...but thank you for holding me up.

Lynne

mytil
11-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Dearest Lynne,
Know we are all here for you. I am traveling and just saw your post and incredibly sad news, I am so very sorry.
((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
Terry

SachiMom
11-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Lynne,
I still can not come up with any words. The sadness is overwhelming. To lose your best two legged friend and love of your life, that hurt is too much to imagine. My heart breaks for you. I will hold you in my prayers.
Many hugs ~ Mary Ann

clydetheboosmom
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Thank you all very much. I wish I could say I was so much better now and didn't need so much support, but that would not be terribly truthful.

Thanksgiving is this week, and then I need to think about Christmas. I would rather not, but unfortunately, it just doesn't work that way! :(

I am so grateful to be able to come here and speak, and I seriously believe that reading the replies - having that task to do, check your replies - helps ever so much.

Norman was and is a shining light. He was and is a prime example of someone always trying to do the right thing. The poor thing - he meets a red headed Boston-born Greek (2200 miles away from where he is from!) and his life was probably never the same! I like to think it was better....I hope it was.

I loved and love and miss him so!

Thank you so much....

Lynne

Dollydog
11-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Of course his life was better for having you in it!! He sounds like a lovely man.
You could be a Canadian this weekend and not have Thanksgiving....we already had ours in October. But Christmas is the same everywhere. :(
I'm glad we're able to help by being here...
Jo-Ann

labblab
11-23-2009, 11:08 AM
The holidays are always so bittersweet, full of memories that can both warm and pierce our hearts!! And it is so easy to get blindsided by the pain in surprising and unexpected ways...

I want to "ditto" what Jo-Ann just said about Norman's life being all the better with you in the midst of it. And it sounds like there's a sweet story there to be told...how DOES a guy meet a red headed Boston-born Greek, 2200 miles away from home??? :o

If you're ever up for sharing, it's a story I'd love to hear. :)

Marianne

labblab
11-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Hi Lynne, just wanted to check in with you today, and to tell you that I'm thinking about you!

Hugs,
Marianne

clydetheboosmom
11-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Marianne - thank you. It is a pretty interesting story....if you think it would be entertaining to people, I will tell it!

I hope everyone has a healthy, happy holiday.

Lynne

littleone1
11-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi Lynne,

I know the holidays can be rough, especially the first year. Think of all of the happy memories you and Norman shared. Thinking positive thoughts helps you to get through the rough times.

Roxee's Dad
11-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Hi Lynne,
I would love to hear the story of how Norman met a red head 2200 miles away. :)

Thank you for your well wishes for the holiday's. I know the holiday's will be very hard for you and I can only suggest that you think of Norman and try to think of what he would have wanted for you, and do so in his memory.

Take care and post when you feel up to it. Big cyber hugs to you.

Dollydog
11-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi Lynne,
I'd love to hear the story too.
As for the holidays...do what makes you feel comfortable....even if that means staying on your own and just telling your story to us. But don't feel pressured into doing anything that's going to make you feel worse.
(((HUGS)))
Jo-Ann

SachiMom
11-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Lynne,

The holidays will be very, very hard for you this year, especially with your loss being so recent. I wish we could ease the pain, but we can only offer you comfort.

I would also like to hear how you met. Perhaps on Thanksgiving you can tell the story and how thankful you are that he entered your life.

Hugs ~ Mary Ann

mypuppy
11-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Lynne, I am praying for you to find a little bit of peace within yourself today and for the days to come. God loves you, and so do I....xo Jeanette

Marianne - thank you. It is a pretty interesting story....if you think it would be entertaining to people, I will tell it!

Lynne

forscooter
11-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Lynne....You have an email in case you don't check that....I am with you, my sweet friend....
Love you, Me

lucygoo
11-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi Lynne...

I hope you're doing okay and finding some peace...

Was reading your story and noticed that you're from Boston. Where abouts? My whole family is from there. It's one of my favorite cities!
Looking forward to hearing more....take care:)

Gina

Squirt's Mom
11-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi Lynne,

You have been on my mind a lot over the holiday. I hope you managed to get through it alright; I know how tough that is. :(

I got your message and will get in touch with you...when I can talk without bawling. :o

Many hugs,
Leslie

lleigh
11-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Lynne,

I have just read your very sad news and I am so sorry. We never know how much time we have with the ones we love and however much we get it is never enough. Sounds like you and Norm had something very special and I hope you will share that story when you feel up to it.

Hugs and prayers,

Lyn

clydetheboosmom
11-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Ah, thank you all. Thanksgiving....well, to be honest, it just sort of sucked! LOL. Very eloquent of me, I know! I cried and cried and felt sorry for myself and then went to family and watched them all tread around the subject..I wonder what is worse? The fact that people talk about it too much, or that they pretend it never happened? I don't know.

You are all too kind! I do feel like I can come here and talk a little bit. Thank you all so much for that, really! It's been so very lonely.

Let me say a few responses to directives - Leslie (squirt's Mom) I'm here for you..talk to me when you can. Beth - thank you for your email. Jeannette - thank you for your prayers - I need them. Gina - I grew up in Boston, and still work there - I live outside of it now. Where are your relatives? Everyone else: THANK YOU.

How did Norman meet a red headed Greek from Boston when he grew up in Wisconsin and lived in the U.P.? (The U.P., for those who don't know, is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan)...it all happened one day when he was here visiting some old friends of his who happened to be new neighbors and burgeoning friends of mine...they had moved here to Massachusetts for work - the U.P. was having its economic issues even then - and when Norman came, they talked him into meeting me for some legal questions he had - some routine things. The funny thing is, I was like - no way, the pro bono "clinic" known as me is closed! I can't get involved with helping someone..and you all know THAT didn't stick - since when do I turn away anyone with an issue? *sigh*....from the moment we met, until the moment he died, we were virtually inseparable...he overstayed in Massachusetts, finally went back to Michigan, called 4 - 5 times a day for three weeks, then got on a plane and moved to Massachusetts. Just like that! As it turns out, it was providential - the Dana Farber Cancer Institute is one of the best cancer clinics in the country and he needed it almost immediately. We never separated after that - when he had to go back to MI, I went, too. And when he passed away, I was with him. Right to the last moment, and after.

Ok, so there is a lot of funny stuff that happened in between, and some not so funny stuff...but it was life and we had it.

Thank you again.

Lynne

Dollydog
11-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Good to see you here this am....I know where the U.P. is...just across the big lake.
Thanks for the story....Norman was very blessed to have met you. And you feel the same...
Take care
(((HUGS)))
Jo-Ann

Franklin'sMum
11-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Lynne,

You are so very lucky to have found someone you connected with on so many levels. I hope that with time, things don't suck so much.

Thinking of you, and HUGE hugs,

Jane
________
BananaBunny (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/BananaBunny/)

labblab
12-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Oh Lynne, thanks so much for telling us the "tale of Lynne and Norman!" No wonder you miss him so intensely. You two did so much "living" in the time that you shared that the emptiness now must be profound. On my own better days, I believe there is fate or destiny or divine providence that plays a part in weaving our life's path (and your meeting with Norman surely bears witness to that! :)). On my not-so-good days, I'm a charter member of the much more random "stuff happens" school of thought, and I wonder how I'll have the strength and energy to carry on...:(

Either way I look at it, though, it seems that life can change in the blink of an eye and in totally unexpected ways. What an incredible gift that you and Norman found one another, and right at that particular time. What torture to be separated now, so abruptly!

But your own life's path is still moving onward, Lynne. It will never be the same again. But hopefully, with time, there will be more unexpected twists and turns that will bring you both comfort and enrichment.

In the meantime, though, I remain so sorry for your pain and for your loss. Your heart must be broken in so many ways. Please keep checking in with us as often as feels comfortable to you. Even if it is only a line or two. Even if it is only to tell us what you are doing each day..."I went to work today," or "I stayed home with Clyde and Bailey." And speaking of Clyde and Bailey, there's got to be more "story" there as well -- have they been "your" dogs or "Norm's" dogs or BOTH your dogs? How and when did the doggies come to join your family? Just wondering, if you should care to tell us a bit more...;)

Marianne

clydetheboosmom
12-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey there - I'm just checking in. Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts. It's been six weeks. Six long weeks. But I'm here. I made it so far. Thanks to a lot of you!

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

littleone1
12-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi Lynne,

I know it's not easy, but you made it this far. You're heading in the right direction. I went through this four years ago, and there were times that I really didn't know where to go or turn. It will start to get a little better each day. Keep thinking of all of the precious moments you had together.

Norman is still there with you, and always will be.

Take care.

Casey's Mom
12-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi Lynne, I just read your thread and was very touched. What a great life you must have had together and it was a very happy coincidence that you met. I live in Sault Ste Marie Canada and am in the U.P at least once a week - gotta love those yoopers as they say. I have met some of the nicest people there and I am sure Norman had the same type of character.

Bless you and thank you for sharing your storey,

clydetheboosmom
12-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Hey everyone...

Thank you. I'm having a bit of a rough time with the approach of the holiday, Norm's birthday, and New year's, all within a week of each other. *sigh*

I appreciate you all so much.

Lynne

littleone1
12-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi Lynne,

You will get through this. We're always here for you, if you need to chat. I know it's a very difficult time of the year. Bailey and Clyde will also be there with you to help you. It's a wonderful thing to have our furbabies.

labblab
12-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi Lynne,

It is really tough to face these milestones in the absence of those we have loved so dearly. And I just saw your reply on the Questions board about Clyde and Bailey's health issues...:( :( NOT what you need, right now!! Will you be spending time with family/friends during the coming week, or does that feel too overwhelming to you right now? Please keep checking in with us. I, for one, am staying put in my own house during Christmas and New Year's. So that means that I will still be tethered to my computer and k9cushings, as usual (addict that I am!! :o ;)).

Marianne

Squirt's Mom
12-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi Lynne,

Just thinking of you today and wanted to say "Howdy!" Hope you are having a good day!

Hugs,
Leslie

clydetheboosmom
12-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Today is Norman's birthday. I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to him, and share it among friends. So...

Happy Birthday, Norman. I love you and miss you so much. I am trying to keep all my promises, and some aren't making it easy...but at least one reached out, finally. Clyde and Bailey and Tigger miss you, too. They hear me cry at night, and they are confused...but they know. They always know.

So, Happy Birthday. You and me, Bud....always.

Thanks, everyone, for letting me say that...

Lynne

labblab
12-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Oh Lynne, it is our privilege to join you in honoring Norman's birthday. Thank you so much for entrusting us with the knowledge that today is his special day, and for letting us know that today will be bringing both special memories and also special pain for you. This way we can hold you both in our thoughts and prayers.

Many (((hugs))) to you on this most important day,
Marianne

Squirt's Mom
12-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Dear Lynne,

Those once special days become a bitter reminder of our loss, reminding us of what is no longer. I wish I could sit here and give you a formula for making it easier to cope that never fails, but I haven't found one yet. Wallowing in the pain and grief, crying for hours, screaming into the pillows til you are too exhausted to make another sound; feeling just fine then suddenly noticing silent tears are falling from your cheeks; everything is different requiring you to adjust when that is the last thing you feel capable of doing or want to do.

By coming here and sharing this day with us that was so special to you and Norman, you are helping that wound to heal. Just knowing there are people who care, who understand, who are listening means so very much and gives us strength to keep standing for another minute. Minute by minute you will survive this day, and at some point in the future when this day rolls around again, it will began to be a day of sweet memories, of joyful times shared, providing reasons to smile. Hold on to the promise of that day, Lynne, hold on tight. And know that you are much loved by many here and elsewhere.

Thank you for letting us share in not only Norman's birthday but in your journey.

Hugs,
Leslie

Carol G
12-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Lynne, you are in my thoughts.

Carol

littleone1
12-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Thank you for sharing this with us Lynne. I'm sure Norman is watching over you and is listening to your words. This is so sweet of you to wish him a happy birthday and letting us be a part of it.

Take care. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

mypuppy
12-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi Lynn, You are being thought of at this very moment. Tight hugs and I love ya, xo Jeanette

forscooter
12-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Lynne...

I had to stop by here but am going to PM you....lots going on here and I haven't been able to call you yet. I will explain privately...

but I wanted to acknowledge the pain and emptiness these dates can bring us...and how special you are to me....

Love you, my friend, and I still am passing the cup....
Beth

Harley PoMMom
12-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Lynne,

((((((((HUGS)))))))))

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs,
Lori

Franklin'sMum
12-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Lynne,

Thinking of you and sending big ((hugs)).
With love,
Jane xx
________
Vaporizer Blend (http://vaporizers.net)

Dollydog
12-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks for posting today,
((((((HUGS)))))
Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel :)

clydetheboosmom
12-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Thank you. I will be honest, yesterday and today are absolutely slaughtering me....and that is not to be dramatic, I'm just having a hard time.

Someone close to Norman has sort of declared themselves by deciding not to contact me, even after some attempts on my part, and this is like another loss to grieve...and I'm not sure I can take much more, to be honest.

Oh thank you for letting me post here! At least I get it out somewhere.....

littleone1
12-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Lynne, please hang in there. I know it is a very difficult time for you, but believe me, it does get easier to to deal with a loss as time goes on. I know we get to a point where we don't think we can take any more, but somehow we manage to get through it.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish I lived closer so I could give you a big hug.

Dollydog
12-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Lynne, some people have some strange ways of dealing with their grief.
((((HUGS))))
Jo-Ann

maggiebeagle
12-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Peace to you. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
Virginia

labblab
01-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Lynne,

Just thinking about you today, and so I decided to stop by and say "hi!" Has it been as wintry up there in Boston as it has been down here in Atlanta :rolleyes:? We got a little bit of snow last week, and my Peg and Luna LOVED it! Luna tried to eat as much of it as she could, but Peg just liked tromping around in it. How about Clyde and Bailey -- are they typical Labs in that regard, or are they a bit more domesticated...:p.

I'm packing away the holiday decorations right now, which always bums me out big-time. So I'm trying to cheer myself up by getting in touch with some friends today. And you're right there at the top of my list. So please check back in with us when you have the chance.

Big wintry (((hugs))) from the surprisingly cold south,
Marianne

Poochie
01-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Im very sorry for your loss. Stay Strong!

clydetheboosmom
01-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Thank you for continuing to post to me. I must say that I am overwhelmed by the great response here, and I have been unable to respond as I wish...just having some issues. So, for the WONDERFUL people that have contacted me directly, both in email and phone, I apologize - I WILL climb out of this hole and call/write - I promise!

Thanks to all of you....I wouldn't be here without you!

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

mypuppy
01-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Oh Lynne,
Take all the time you need to let it all out, feel your pain, and mourn your loss. I can assure you, you will know in your heart when you are ready to face the world again with a greater outlook and I can also assure you, we will all still be here to welcome you back with loving, open arms. Take care of you while you go through this process. Ok. Here's some very tight hugs to help sustain you in the meantime. We love you deeply.....xo Jeanette

Thank you for continuing to post to me. I must say that I am overwhelmed by the great response here, and I have been unable to respond as I wish...just having some issues. So, for the WONDERFUL people that have contacted me directly, both in email and phone, I apologize - I WILL climb out of this hole and call/write - I promise!

Thanks to all of you....I wouldn't be here without you!

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

littleone1
01-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Hi Lynne,

It was so good to see your post. I was really getting worried when I hadn't heard from you.

Take care. Things will get better. Call me when you're up to it.

Corky sends kisses. Extra big hugs from me.

labblab
03-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Hey Lynne,

It's been WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too long since we've heard from you!!! Please add a note here to catch us up on how things are going for you, OK?

Tons of (((hugs))),
Marianne

clydetheboosmom
04-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi there. Thanks for checking in on me, and JoAnn, you could NEVER pester me.

I wish I could say I'm doing much better, but in reality, I'm kind of just hanging in, which everyone tells me is better than expected. Unfortunately, I have had a whole series of firsts right in a row - Norm's death was Nov. 3rd, then I had his funeral, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, his birthday, New Year's, my birthday, Valentine's Day then Easter...for all of you who have suffered losses (and I know you are many!), you know what I mean.

Anyway, I will post about Bailey and Clyde and update on them.

Thanks again! Much love to you all -

Lynne

Dollydog
04-12-2010, 10:04 AM
There you are....and you're still on. All those firsts is horrendous and you are doing well to hang in there. One step at a time is the only way ....and I'm thankful for the update. Will be watching for more on your canine buddies.
(((HUGS)))
Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel :)

labblab
04-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Lynne, it's so good to see you here! Thanks so much for checking in with us, and I'll be watching for your updates on Bailey and Clyde...

Marianne

littleone1
04-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi Lynne,

I totally understand where you're coming from. I know it's not easy to lose someone you really love. I lost Jay a little over 4 1/2 years ago. We were together for 36 years, from the time we started dating, and were married for 34 years. It's very difficult, but somehow, and for some reason, we do survive. We are able to get through the really rough times. Things do start easing up, even though there are days that seem to haunt you. Think of all of the positive memories you have. They're still here with us, and help us to get through it.

clydetheboosmom
04-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Terry - hugs to you and thank you also for all your support - I know you know.

Hugs -

Lynne