PDA

View Full Version : Shiloh's three year adrenalectomy anniversary

Buffaloe
10-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Shiloh's adrenalectomy was three years ago today, October 19, 2006. I remember the day fairly clearly although it really does seem like a long time ago now.

Shi continues to do very well. What I care about is that she is a happy girl, she feels real good and she still finds alot of joy in life. She will be 15 in another month so it's reasonable that she is showing some signs of age. The long walks are a thing of the past but she still enjoys her shorter walks around the neighborhood. I never push her; she's earned her spurs and has nothing left to prove. Her appetite is excellent, absolutely no problems with her bowels or urinating, her eyes are good and she still has maybe 25% of her hearing. She moves more slowly now but she moves well and always pops right up, even on the tile floors.

I remember a couple of months after her adrenalectomy her surgeon said to me, "you can expect her to live about another year." I truly believe God just decided to take great care of her and He continues to do so. I know we are truly blessed. Every day and every night with Shiloh is a gigantic blessing.

I posted a couple of recent pictures in the gallery. One was taken a few months ago (one of my favorites) and the other one was taken last week.

All the very best to everyone and your precious pups.

Ken and Shiloh

Squirt's Mom
10-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Congratulations Shiloh!!!!

Three years! How simply wonderful! :D She is still as much a beauty as when I first met her and I am so happy she continues to do so very well!

And you are so right, Ken. We are all blessed by each and every day we have with our precious babies, and you and Shi have truly been blessed!

Hugs and belly rubs!
Leslie and the girls

Roxee's Dad
10-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Congratulations from me too!

That is absolutely wonderful news. Pictures are great and she looks so healthy and happy. :D:D:D Live about another year??? Shows what love and great care can do. :D:D:D I am so happy for you and Shi. :)

lulusmom
10-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Way to go, Shiloh!!! Congratulations on your three year anniversary, baby girl.

gpgscott
10-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi Ken and Shi,

As much as Shi means to you, she also means much to others. Your experience, shared here online has touched untold folks with similar situations.

So I wish you both a very happy remembrance of your life together; the good times and the not so good. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Scott

Carol G
10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
I truly believe God just decided to take great care of her and He continues to do so.

I believe that is true. But I also see that you have always gone the extra mile for Shiloh and I believe that too has something to do with your blessing.

Congradulations to both of you!

Carol & Atty Cat and always Winnie & McGill

Harley PoMMom
10-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Ken and Shiloh,

Congratulations

My heart is so happy for you both, she is truly an inspiration to us all.

So she will soon be 15, is in good health and spirit...hmmm...I believe when the surgeon said that "you can expect her to live about another year," he didn't realize who he was talking to. I also believe this is a testament of the love, devotion and excellent care that you have been giving to her.

You are so right Ken, every day and every night with our pups is a blessing, and I thank God for that blessing all the time.

Love and hugs.
Lori and Harley

labblab
10-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Happy Anniversary, sweet Shiloh! You have always been one of my greatest heroines...:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Marianne

forscooter
10-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I am so happy for the both of you, Ken! You and Shi encouraged me so many times when I was down....made me feel confident when I first started this journey...and have always been an inspiration more times than I can tell you when I found myself in tears....

so a great big huge

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

from all of us too!!! Please give that beautiful girl huge hugs from us....and know that you have touched this life in a big way!

Love and hugs, Beth, Bailey, always Scoobie, Allo and Parasite Pallie too!

Barney's Mom
10-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Happy Anniversary Ken and Shy!

MiniSchnauzerMom
10-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Ken,

Wanted to send my belated wishes in honor of your Shi and her 3 year adrenalectomy anniversary.

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!!

Give your sweet Shi some extra petting and hugging from me!

Louise

littleone1
10-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi Ken,

Congrats to you and Shiloh. She is a beautiful girl. I know it must have been very difficult in making your decision, but it was well worth it. You gave her such a better quality of life. Corky and I wish both of you the best.

Terri

Wylie's Mom
10-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Happy anniversary to you and Shiloh!:D:D It's so great to read how well she is doing... good job to the both of you!

-Susy

Buffaloe
10-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I wanted to thank everyone for recognizing Shiloh's three year anniversary and for all of your kind comments. It has brought back some strong memories, extremely difficult before and during the surgery, then total elation afterwards. She really is a beautiful girl inside and out, she always puts a smile on people's faces. I don't think anyone could ever have a better companion animal than I have with my Partner.

Leslie, your kind, heart-felt words have helped so many on this board. You have a special gift.
John, you have been a tremendous addition here and your words are so soothing to so many.
Glynda, you know, you are as good as they come. I am in awe of you the way you take care of so many precious animals.
Scott, you the man! You and Moria continue to inspire me. I'll never forget your quote, "I remember who she was and I treasure who she is." That's sure how I feel about Shiloh.
Carol, I'm with you, I think it's all in God's merciful hands. He's got to grow weary listening to my constant prayers for Shi.
Lori, you're right, my surgeon didn't realize this is Shiloh we're talking about.
Beth, you have always inspired me so much. The way you have taken care of Bailey, Scooter, Allo and Pallie is off the charts.
Louise, don't worry, Shi got extra hugs and kisses from you last night and she loved them.
Terri, you are doing an amazing job with Corky. Your Internist sounds amazing and I expect the Corkster is going to live many years with a great quality of life.
Suzy, if Shiloh ran into Wylie at the park she'd flirt with him like a school-girl. She loves the big male dogs.

When I first came to the cushing's board over three years ago I clearly recognized I was dealing with a group of serious dog lovers. It certainly has remained that way and I think we are a blessed group. I don't know how anybody can live without the love of one of these loyal, faithful companions.

All the best to everyone here and all of our precious dogs.

Ken and Shiloh

littleone1
10-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Hi Ken,

I really had to laugh when you said the Corkster. My friends and I have called him this many times. His name really fits him! Thank you for your support. I feel so much better knowing that my IMS and myself are doing the best we can for my little Corkster.

Terri

gpgscott
10-20-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't know how anybody can live without the love of one of these loyal, faithful companions.

All the best to everyone here and all of our precious dogs.

Ken and Shiloh

And the same to you and Shi.

Scott

Franklin'sMum
10-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Ken and Shiloh

Congratulations to you both. Happy Anniversary!!
:) :) :)
Jane and Franklin
________
ENTOURAGE DICUSSION (http://www.tv-gossip.com/entourage/)

lucygoo
10-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi Ken....

Wanted to send a belated Happy Anniversary to both you and Shi!!
Also wanted to thank you for helping me get through a very difficult time during Lucy's surgery.

All the Best to both of you!!!!!

Gina and Lucy

sarahbera1
10-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Ken,
Congratulations on the 3rd year anniversary. Here's to another 3 and many many more :) I hope my Rascal goes for 3 years too after his adrenalectomy surgery. I am so happy for you guys!
Sarah, Rascal & Darla in Spirit

ChristyA
10-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Ken,
You have helped a lot of people here and I'm sure Shiloh is very proud of you too!
Christy

mytil
10-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Oh Ken,

I am always late :( (I have had my head buried in work).

But maybe this entire month should be set aside for Shiloh's celebrations -

You two have been an amazing pair here and I am sending big happy anniversary thoughts and big smoochies from me and my girls.

My best to you both
Terry

Buffaloe
10-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Terri, Scott, Jane, Gina, Sarah, Christy and Terry,

Thank you all for your kind words. I'd have to say, Shiloh is a real, real tough old girl. She's been pretty full of herself lately because we've finally gotten some very cool weather here in Phoenix. She loves her walks around the neighborhood and she goes alot farther when it's so cool. I've always said, she's got some arctic blood in her.

Ken

Dave Tietz
11-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah Shiloh!!! Happy Anniversary!!

frijole
11-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Ken,

I am late to the party! So sorry I missed the big 3 yr anniversary but better late than never.... You and Shiloh have inspired many on this board. Arctic blood in Arizona. Got a chuckle out of that one. Congrats to you both on beating the odds and then some. Hugs from Kim and her Husker pups. ;)

clydetheboosmom
11-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Better late than never! Ken, you and Shiloh are my heroes!!

Love always,

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey