PDA

View Full Version : Rescued

lulusmom
10-19-2009, 02:19 PM
"Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.

I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid. As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the overworked shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.

Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms.

I would promise to keep her safe.
I would promise to always be by her side.
I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.

I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today."

Author - Janine Allen

Harley PoMMom
10-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh Glynda,

This is just beautiful and I knew by the first few words that I was going to need tissues for the tears that are falling down my face.

I had a very handsome shepherd/lab. furbaby that I had gotten from the SPCA, he, Peppie, was 8 months old when I adopted him, he was the most well behaved and loving dog that I have ever had and the most protective of me. Peppie helped me through some of the most difficult times in my life...my Father's death by cancer, and my own bout with cervical cancer...I was blessed with his loving companionship for 10 years before cancer took him away from me...that was over 18 years ago and I still miss him...

Thanks for sharing that lovely story, it reminded me so much of that time of when I went to the SPCA and Peppie rescued me.

Love and hugs.
Lori

Roxee's Dad
10-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Gosh, I love this story, it always brings tears to my eyes. There really are so many humans that need to be or should be rescued.

gpgscott
10-19-2009, 06:23 PM
I would promise to keep her safe.
I would promise to always be by her side.
I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I rescued a human today."
Author - Janine Allen

Thanks very much Glynda,

Don't they all.

Scott

Squirt's Mom
10-19-2009, 06:45 PM
So touching and so true!

Thanks for sharing, Glynda!
Hugs,
Leslie