PDA

View Full Version : My Maggie's Photos in Book

judymaggie
10-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi, all! A while back, before Maggie passed away, I had submitted two photos of her (one of her barking with her ears out flying that is in her photo album here and the other of her on the edge of the bathtub) for inclusion in "Bark" magazine's book called Dogjoy. I just got an e-mail from the publisher advising that both photos made it into the book! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n36/judymaggie/Avatars/dancing_dog.gif

They didn't make it into a chapter (where photos are included with narratives -- I honestly don't think my narratives were good enough) but one photo will be in the inside the front cover, along with photos of lots of other dogs and one photo will be inside the back cover, again along with other photos. The book is due out in stores on 10/27. I get a free copy of the book along with a 3-year subscription to the magazine.

I am just thrilled -- to me, it means Maggie will be memoralized other than just in my memory! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n36/judymaggie/Avatars/thLove.gif

acushdogsmom
10-18-2009, 03:15 PM
That's wonderful news, Judy! No surprise to me, though, because I've always thought that your Maggie was a beautiful girl, and very photogenic, too! :D

Roxee's Dad
10-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Judy,
Great news! :D I am so happy for you. I just love the pic with her ears flying out. :D:):D

BestBuddy
10-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Judy,
Just loved the pics. You always knew Maggie was a star and now everyone will know.:D
Jenny

Squirt's Mom
10-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Oh Judy,

This is just wonderful! :D What a magnificent tribute to you sweet Maggie girl. I would have chosen the flying ear one, too. ;)

Congrats!
Hugs,
Leslie and the girls

sunimist
10-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Congratulations Judy! We always knew Maggie was a star and this is such a special way to memoralize your sweet girl. Hope I can find a copy.

((HUGS))

Shelba and Suni

labblab
10-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Judy, I've loved seeing the picture of Maggie "flying," and now so many other people are going to have the chance to love it, too!! :) :) :) :)

Congratulations, and thank you so much for sharing the news with us!

Huge (((hugs))),
Marianne

Harley PoMMom
10-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi Judy,

I wanted to wish you my congratulations too, that picture of Maggie with her "ears flying out and smiling" is just adorable.

Love and hugs,
Lori

SasAndYunah
10-19-2009, 02:27 AM
Hi Judy,

that's indeed some amazing news :) And very much deserved...that Maggie gets her pictures published for everyone to see :) Now Maggie can spread her "dogjoy" for ever more...

All our best,

Saskia and Yunah :)

lulusmom
10-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Congratulations, Judy. The picture of Maggie flying is absolutely adorable so I was not surprised one little bit to hear that it was chosen by Bark Magazine. And here is your very precious girl for all to see.

judymaggie
10-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Dear Friends -- you are all so sweet -- thank you so much for your kind words.
I just added Maggie's second Dogjoy picture to her photo album -- going to try to add it here (sorry it is so big -- didn't know how to post it so it would start small and allow you to click on it to make it bigger):

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=984

This picture was taken during one of her weekly "Cushings" baths, i.e., the battle to combat demodectic mange. We actually did pretty good in that regard -- went from her having raw, red/black areas to just itchy skin. Also got her through an almost deadly reaction to ivermectin. In spite of all her battles, she never lost her endearing smile and great attitude!
Take care, all!

forscooter
10-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Judy,

It has taken me a while to actually get to write this but

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! :D:D:D:D

How cool is this anyway???

Can we find the book in bookstores? I want to walk in and see her and say, Hey, I know this girl!!!!!!!

What a beautiful way to honor Maggie!!!
Love and hugs, Beth and crew