PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions on a Great Vacuum Cleaner?

Wylie's Mom
10-12-2009, 04:38 AM
I will probably need a new vacuum cleaner soon. I have... carpet (plan to have hardwood floors someday), vinyl, tile, stairs & a dog that doesn't have as much to shed anymore but tracks in dirt, mud, leaves, seeds/pods(hitchhikers), etc... Does anyone (with pets) love their vacuum cleaner and would reccommend it? Let's pretend price is not a factor:rolleyes:.

-Susy

StarDeb55
10-12-2009, 06:40 AM
One word, Dyson.

Debbie

forscooter
10-12-2009, 06:59 AM
I second, Debbie.....LOVE my Dyson!!!!!

Plus, it is the one vacuum I didn't break in a year....I've had it years now and it still sucks up almost every single hair in the house.....

Hugs, Beth

Squirt's Mom
10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
A Dyson is one I hope to have one day but for now I really like my Fuller vacuum. It self-adjusts to different floor levels, picks up well, and has survived me! :p Plus it is a bagged vacuum, which I happen to like better than the bagless ones. Weird, I know....:rolleyes:

Hugs,
Leslie

Harley PoMMom
10-12-2009, 11:08 AM
I have the Dyson DC25 all floors model which I love.

Right now if you buy on-line the Dyson DC15 Animal which is designed for homes with pets, you can get $100.00 off of this vacuum cleaner. It originally sells for $599.99...also free shipping.

http://www.dyson.com/store/hmc.asp

Happy vacuum shopping! :)

Love and hugs.
Lori

BestBuddy
10-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Dyson is number one in my home too.:D

acushdogsmom
10-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Yup, we've got a Dyson here, too. Love it! :)

sunimist
10-12-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm still using a Rainbow. My second one, as a matter of fact. Love it! I think I might try a Dyson someday though.

Roxee's Dad
10-12-2009, 08:47 PM
We have a Dyson but I have to say this.

I love the Dyson because it's easy with that single roller ball. BUT, there is always a but, I ran a test against our Taget purchased Bissel turbo which is about 3 years old.
Bissel Turbo - 129.00 USD
Dyson - 399.00 USD (on sale)

I swept the living room floor with the Dyson. Then re-swept the floor with the Bissel. The Bissel still picked up hair that was left behind from the Dyson. A week later I ran the test again but using the Bissel first and the Dyson didn't pick up anything left behind by the Bissel.

Soooooo...... marketing is everything but reality is reality. We stil use the Dyson most because it is easy to use but when I want the carpet really clean like before shampooing, I use the cheap Bissel.

BTW - If you check frequently at the "Dollar General or Big Lots" they often have remanufactured Dyson's on sale for 199.00. Comes with full warranty.

clydetheboosmom
10-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Honestly, I tried the Dyson and it is easy to use, but my Sears canister vacuum works awesome!

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

ChristyA
10-13-2009, 01:28 PM
We have hardwood floors in every room but the TV room. We have a Dyson and I LOVE it. We had a Hoover something and it was supposedto be great. I swept the floor with the Hoover, went over it with the Dyson - Wow lots of dirt, hair, dust -

I know it's expensive,,but we will have dogs for a long time so we got it.

Christy

Wylie's Mom
10-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Thank you all for your input. I lent my Hoover SteamVac to a 2-dog dad... he said he just got a Dyson & will let me try it out. I was concerned about it being bagless also, but was told it really isn't that bad of a mess when emptying it. John, your comparison with the Bissel will make that a contender too (& it's better for my pocketbook).

-Susy

lulusmom
10-14-2009, 12:56 PM
I had a similar experience to John's. It was at a pre-cushing's point in my life when I was so bored that I actually jumped at the chance to invite a Kirby Vacuum cleaner salesman inside so he could dazzle me with his sales pitch. He had me take my vacuum, which was a Sanitaire (Eureka's commercial upright), and go over the carpet as many times as I wanted. So I did a few passes and then he put a white piece of cloth on the intake of the Kirby so he could show me what a crappy job my Sanitaire did. The guy didn't know what to say when he looked at a still clean piece of white cloth but muttered something to the effect that this has never happened before. He was fairly new on the job and I felt sorry for him. :( Needless to say, I kept my Sanitaire and 8 years later, it still kicks butt.

bkdice
10-15-2009, 03:47 PM
LOVE my dyson ball - though i was disturbed the first time i used it when i saw how much it actually sucked up from my "i thought was clean" carpet. :o:o

Roxee's Dad
10-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Hey Susy,

If you haven't purchased one yet, you may want to check consumer reports.

corgipallie
10-24-2009, 11:34 PM
I've never had a Dyson but have heard great things about them (least of my financial priorities). I bought a bagless vacuum a few years ago and it didn't do what it was advertised on the box to do a good job on dog fur. So I went to Sears and got an ordinary $50 Dirt Devil bag vacuum and it does a great job -- better than the bagless!

lucygoo
10-25-2009, 12:18 PM
I can tell you which one NOT to get....Sanyo Turboclean....the worst! Yep, that's what I've got.

Gina

Wylie's Mom
10-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Gina, LOL, thanks...knowing what not to get is helpful too:p.

John, that's a good idea... my neighbor is a consumer reports "member" - I'll ask him.

I haven't gotten one yet. I feel, for financial reasons, I need to wait a little longer (if I can). Having the Dyson being easier to use does have some merit... if I dred it less, maybe I'll vacuum more:rolleyes:. I don't dred vacuuming so much... it's that steam cleaner that I really dred using!

-Susy