PDA

View Full Version : Tax Deduction for pet care

forscooter
09-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Steph made me aware of this and thought it bore posting here. In the US, there is a movement to allow qualified pet medical care deductions. The information and a petition can be found by following the link below. I also emailed it to all my friends, family and contacts....our pets are our family and I think they should be included in something like this!

Help Make Pet Care More Affordable (https://secure2.convio.net/aspca/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2605&JServSessionIdr002=rziq60up41.app26b)

Love and hugs! Beth

Hi Beth... sorry to change this. I was copying from here to fix the link at K9D and edited this one instead! - Natalie

Wylie's Mom
09-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks for posting this... I'm going to forward the link via email.

BTW, When I saw the title of this thread I was expecting this:

ventilate
09-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey;
How do I find out who I have to send it to? Do I just click the send button?
sharon

StarDeb55
09-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Done!!!! With Barkley's expenses which I never recovered from, before Harley's Cush diagnosis, & now Chewy's allergy problems, I can use all the help I can get.

Debbie

Harley PoMMom
09-23-2009, 09:11 PM
I got my reply back from my Congressman already!

Thanks for the link, Beth.

Love and hugs.
Lori

lulusmom
09-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Done. I have spent a few thousand this year and I'd sure like to get a deduction just like people with two legged kids.

Wylie's Mom
09-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey;
How do I find out who I have to send it to? Do I just click the send button?
sharon

Hi Sharon,

If you haven't already tried it... Yes, you just click the send button - they figure out who to send it to by the address you input.

ventilate
09-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Done;
I filled out some personal coments and sent it, I then got a message saying Heath Schuler does not accept emails from outside his web site so it directed me to the site and told me how to cut and paste my message. Very nice.
so mine is gone too.
am going to take it to work and post it in our dept and in the ICU.
Thanks
Sharon

ventilate
09-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Hey
My entire department (respiratory) is dog friendly so I sent it out as a mass mailing to everyone. Had a lot of people ask me more about it. I also sent it to a lot of RNs in the unit. Hope this helps get this passed. It sure would be sweet to be able to do this, at least get some funds back.
Sharon