PDA

View Full Version : To my friends...

Squirt's Mom
09-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Hello dear ones,

It is often said that we are a family here at K9C and for me that is very true. I want to share some things with ya'll as my family now.

First, I would like to apologize. I have not been as responsive as usual; I have let several new members go by without a proper welcome, nor have I been as attentive to your stories, your questions, or your needs. When I have posted replies, I have made some really dumb errors (more than usual even) and basically just taken up cyberspace with empty words. As much as I love this site, everyone and all the pups here, my heart just hasn't been in it lately. I now want to share with you why.

In July, my mom was put in an assisted living facility in ARK. Her mind had slipped to point she could no longer care for herself. Since then I have been driving back and forth from TN to ARK to try to help take care of her and to find a place to stay there so I could be closer all the time. A dear friend offered to let me live with her for as long as needed so I have been making that transition. Last month I got sick and have been battling that to get well enough to be around mom and the others in the facility she was in.

On Fri, the 4th, Mama fell and broke her hip. It was a clean, simple break and the surgery went well. But what was left of her mind couldn't recover. They tried rehab but Mom was not able to cooperate and deteriorated rapidly in just a very short time. She won't or can't eat, drink or communicate. Yesterday she was moved to Hospice.

My dad died 15 years ago this past May and the woman my brothers and I knew as our mom died at the same time tho her body continued on. Mama withdrew from her friends, her church, and everything she had once enjoyed. When Gia died that took a huge toll on her as well; she was the first grandchild and they were extremely close. Mama has been miserable for the last 15 years, only wanting to be with Daddy. Her time has finally come and she will soon be released from the bonds of this world.

It gives me great comfort to know my dad and daughter are standing at The Bridge, hand in hand, waiting to greet her and hold her in their arms once again.

My fever returned a few days after her surgery and I had to leave the hospital but I will be returning to ARK today to spend what time she has left with her. I can't help but believe somewhere in her mind she will know she is not alone.

Thank you for listening, for understanding, for being here. Please pray for my mom and my brothers.

Hugs to all,
Leslie

forscooter
09-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Leslie,

My heart is with you, my friend...

Tons of hugs, Beth

labblab
09-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Leslie, your sensitive and caring words posted here have never ceased to bring comfort to us all. I hope that you will carry "us" along with you in spirit to Arkansas so that we may bring you some small measure of comfort in return.

Sending you many hugs for your journey, and godspeed your mama to a peaceful release and the welcoming embrace of those who are awaiting her so lovingly at the Bridge.

Marianne

Harley PoMMom
09-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Oh Dearest Leslie,

My heart is breaking for you dear...I wish I could do more for you.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and many hugs.
Lori

frijole
09-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Dear Leslie, You are one of the most giving, un-selfish people I know. Trust me, even when you aren't here you are with us. So tend to your mom and know that we are with you. I don't accept your apology because you didn't do anything wrong. ;) Thanks for your endless enthusiasm, dedication and your time. I will pray for you and your mom. Be well and bless you. Kim and the girls

Carol G
09-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Leslie,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am certain that on some level your mother will know that you are with her. She may not show it outwardly but she will know.

Carol

ChristyA
09-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Leslie,
I am sure your mother has a sense that you are with her. She may not be able to verbalize that to you, but in her heart she knows.

Take Care,
Christy

gpgscott
09-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Dear Leslie,

Prayers for you all.

Scott

mytil
09-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Dearest Leslie,

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) and prayers from me too.

We will be with you as you face this.

Terry

Dollydog
09-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Precious, precious friend....thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Wish I could be there to hold you close. I've said it before and I know it's selfish of me...stay well for us....we need you.
((((HUGS))))
Jo-Ann

Roxee's Dad
09-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Dear Leslie,
I am at a loss for words. I wish you and your family peace and comfort. know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

lleigh
09-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Leslie,

Hugs and prayers on the way.

Lyn

Spiceysmum
09-15-2009, 03:25 AM
Leslie,

So sorry to hear about your mum. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You care so much about everyone else you need to take this time to care for yourself.

Linda and Spicey x

k9diabetes
09-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Leslie,

I was very moved by what you wrote - that's often true... I also thought as I read it that your mother has been in so much pain for so long. There is a sense of relief that she can let go of a life that has been so difficult for her to bear. That you and yours will suffer the loss but that she will be freed.

My husband's mother had a stroke and life as an invalid who had to have everything done for her was unbearable for her. She welcomed death and just basically never came back after a routine surgery. She died a week or so later. She was completely lucid before the surgery but miserable.

I think some in the family have blamed the doctors for her passing but I have always believed that it was an opportunity for her to be freed from a body that not only didn't work but was a source of humiliation to her.

Sending a huge hug to you and your family,

Natalie

judymaggie
09-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Dear Leslie -- your words were such a comfort to me after I had to let my Maggie go. Please know that I wish that peace and comfort will surround you and your family during this difficult time.

Wylie's Mom
09-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Dear Leslie,

Hugs & prayers from me & Wylie, too.

-Susy

bkdice
09-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Still thinking of you Leslie.

Hugs....

Bettina & Angel Niko

Barney's Mom
09-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Leslie, it saddens me to see your heart so heavy now, and you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Cheryl

Squirt's Mom
09-22-2009, 10:17 AM
I want to thank each of you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness, prayers, thoughts, notes, calls, and support. Knowing there were folks from all over holding us in their hearts has helped give me the strength and courage to face the last few days...and will continue to sustain me in the coming days.

Mama's battle ended Sun. nite and she was finally able to go home to be with Daddy and Gia. In the midst of our earthy tears, I know there was great joy and celebration on the other side as she approached.

In gratitude and peace with many hugs,
Leslie

forscooter
09-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Love you, Leslie....sent you a note already....(((((((((((HUGEHUGS)))))))))))
Beth

Spiceysmum
09-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Leslie,
So sorry to hear your sad news. As much as we don't want to see our older family members suffer it is still heartbreaking when they go.
Thinking of you.

Linda

corgipallie
09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Oh Leslie, I'm so very sorry!!! (((((((superlovinghugs))))))

Harley PoMMom
09-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Dearest Leslie,

I wish there was more I could say or do for you in this painful time you are going through. Please know we all are here for you and we love you.

Love and many hugs.
With Heartfelt Sympathy,
Lori

Carol G
09-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Leslie,

I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Carol

labblab
09-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Leslie, more ((((hugs)))) coming to you from me. Travel safely, and return to us whenever you are ready and able.

Loving thoughts to all your family, whether they be present in body or in shining spirit ~
Marianne

gpgscott
09-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Leslie,

My prayers, hugs, and best wishes go with you.

Scott

mytil
09-22-2009, 06:41 PM
I posted in your other thread and just remember we are all here for you.

My continued healing hugs coming your way.
Terry

Roxee's Dad
09-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Dear Leslie,
My heart so hurts for you. Continued hugs and prayers to you and yours.

Dollydog
09-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Dear Leslie,
I'm so sorry that she's passed and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope they bring you all some comfort and peace right now.
((((HUGS))))
Jo-Ann

clydetheboosmom
09-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Leslie -

I'm so very sorry. I'm hugging you and thinking of you and yours.....

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

Wylie's Mom
09-23-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm so sorry, Leslie... ((((Hugs)))) from me & Wylie.

-Susy

maggiebeagle
09-23-2009, 06:43 PM
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you peace and happy memories of better times.
Virginia

Dawn
09-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Dearest Leslie
I will certainly be praying for you all as only knowing you for such a short time you have made such a great difference to us, as well as our other new found FAMILY here, please take care we are with you as you are there for us
much love
dawn, casperxxxxx

SachiMom
09-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Leslie,

Words escape me. If I could only have half the ability you have in comforting others, I would have you swimming in the most wonderful words that would bring you great comfort and peace.

But my heart is torn. I know the pain and sadness of losing my mom. Yet the sense of relief that she no longer had to endure the pain and indignities surrounding a horrific illness, brings happiness along with guilt for feeling that happiness. I'm sure that it is similar to your mama, so all I can do is hold you in my heart until you too know that it is okay to have these mixed feelings.

We have been having some severe internet problems. I want to post this before everything locks up again so you will know that I have been thinking of you, especially on this day that mama is laid to rest.

Much love and many hugs.
~Mary Ann