PDA

View Full Version : No money for next test..

muskyhusky
09-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Shadows next test is coming up on Oct. 2'nd...we don't have the money, we are pretty much broke.. Does anyone know if there are any places that can help finance these things, otherwise I can't treat her anymore, between the test and the cost of the medication, well we just don't have the $300. odd dollars to do it.:(

Lynne

labblab
09-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Dear Lynne,

I'm so sorry that the vet costs are making things really difficult for you right now. Here is a link to a thread on our "Resources" forum that may give you some leads on possible financial help:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212

One option listed there is "Care Credit," and I know that it has been a great help to a number of people. It does not relieve you of the responsibility for paying for the tests, but if your vet accepts Care Credit, it is a method whereby you can stretch out the payments over time.

In terms of the medication, I believe that you are treating Shadow with Lysodren. Are you using brandname "Lysodren," or a compounded version? Compounded versions are usually less expensive, so that may be an option that you would want to consider. If so, there are other folks here who can make pharmacy recommendations to you.

I'm hoping that one of these listed resources may be able to give you some help right now when you are really needing it. Please keep us updated as to what you find out, OK?

Marianne

Squirt's Mom
09-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Oh Lynne,

I so understand your position. Having spent $1000's on Squirt over the last year it does get tough to come up with the money for one more test....every time. Between her and another major issue, my savings are gone! But I would do it all over again, no regrets at all.

Not too long ago, I told my vet not to get excited if she found a big cardboard box on her parking lot one morning...it would be me and all my mutts in our new living quarters! :p She just laughed and told me the best place to put it for shade! :D

It's hard to do, but don't you let guilt creep in! You are doing the best you can and that is all anyone can ask. You have the most important factor in abundance - love. Shadow knows you will do all you can and loves you so much for it.

Hugs,
Leslie

Nathalie
09-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Hi Lynne,

I can relate - this is a very difficult position to be in.
Contact Husky resuce - they might be able to help or point you to different resources.

I went back to your thread and I believe your dog is on 1500 mg of Lysodren per week which costs you $116.00.
Have you tried canadian pharmacies? I live in Ontario and pay $4.40 Cdn per 500 mg pill + $10 dispensing fee. Perhaps there are other vets within driving distance that would do a stim test for less then what you are currently paying?? Just thinking out loud ...

Best wishes,
Nathalie