PDA

View Full Version : Our Mickee boy has surgery Tomorrow

Roxee's Dad
08-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Our Mickee boy has surgery scheduled for tomorrow to remove an ugly tumor. He has a few but the vet didn't like the look of this one. Kinda looks like a boil and almost the size of a quarter.

He had a bad tumor removed back in 2004 when he was part of the Friends for Life rescue organization in Gilbert AZ. We fostered him after his surgery and ended up adopting him, (Foster Flunkies). He also survived a bout with "Valley Fever" in his first internment at the rescue. Owner brought him back when he was about 8 years old:(. He's been ours or I should say we have been his ever since:).

Mickee is also 14 years old. Lost his hearing over the last year and has "corneal edema and mild episcleritis in both eyes. Vet described it as like looking thru water. He's been on daily eye meds since Feb of 2008. Due to his age, I am a bit concerned but otherwise he is pretty healthy. Tomorrow will be a pins and needles day until I get him back home, then the wait to find out if it is benign.

Squirt's Mom
08-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Wow, John! I hope all turns out just fine for Mickee with this tumor, too. He is a fighter, no doubt!

Bless your hearts! It will be a nerve-wracking day for ya'll, huh? :eek: Been there myself a time or two and it never gets easier. One would think with more practice, it would but nooooo. :rolleyes:

My thoughts and prayers will be with you, Mickee and all of yours,
Leslie and the girls

Harley PoMMom
08-25-2009, 06:55 PM
John,

It definitely sounds like your Mickee is a tough and strong boy.

Will be keeping you, Mickee and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Please keep us updated.

Love and hugs.
Lori

sunimist
08-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi John,

Mickee Boy, as well as his loving family, will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Big (((hugs)))

Shelba and Suni

gpgscott
08-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks for letting us know John,

I am standing by with the others waiting for the report of A OK.

Scott

lleigh
08-25-2009, 08:06 PM
John,

All fingers and toes crossed here hoping all goes well.

Lyn

labblab
08-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Me, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marianne

frijole
08-25-2009, 08:18 PM
John, I will be thinking of you and Mickee tomorrow. I am sure all will go fine. Big hugs sent your way too. Kim

Carol G
08-26-2009, 01:01 AM
I too will keep Mickee and his family in my thoughts tomorrow.

Carol

MiniSchnauzerMom
08-26-2009, 02:12 AM
Sending positive thoughts to your Mickee for successful surgery and a rapid recovery.

Louise

BestBuddy
08-26-2009, 02:54 AM
Positive thoughts coming from me too for a quick and successful surgery and an easy recovery.

Jenny

Squirt's Mom
08-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Hi John,

Sending prayers and healing thoughts to you and yours, and prayers to guide the surgeons hands and strengthen their heart.

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls

Buffaloe
08-26-2009, 09:58 AM
John,

We'll be praying and sending positive thoughts for Mickee boy today. 'Hope the surgery goes without a hitch, he recovers well and the mass turns out to be benign.

Ken

Harley PoMMom
08-26-2009, 10:16 AM
John,

Saying prayers and sending positive thoughts for Mickee boy today, hoping for a successful surgery and an uneventful recovery.

Love and hugs.
Lori

acushdogsmom
08-26-2009, 01:56 PM
You know we've got all the fingers and toes and paws crossed here, too.

Sending some (((hugs))) too. :)

SachiMom
08-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Praying that all goes well for Mickee.
Success in all aspects.
Hugs ~ Mary Ann

lulusmom
08-26-2009, 04:41 PM
I am so sorry that I am just seeing this for the first time. Prayers and positive thoughts are going out to you and Mickee pronto. We've got fingers, toes and lots of paws crossed that Mickee's surgery is uneventful and he has a speedy recovery.

Glynda

Roxee's Dad
08-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Mickee is home, safe and sound. :)
Scar on his neck, under his ear is about 3 inches long. They also removed a small growth that was on his knuckle. AND they did a dental on him. Poor boy will be feeling crapy tomorrow. He is a bit antsy but I believe he is glad to be home. I'm sure he'll settle in and fall asleep soon.

Been looking for his water but had to take it up until 7 pm tonight. Tried ice cubes but he would have no part of them. Little Bit stole the ice cubes and is having a good time with them.

Thanks for all the well wishes, good thoughts and prayers. Now we just wait for the results. :(

Squirt's Mom
08-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey John,

So glad Mickee is back home and all seems well so far! :D Withholding water and food is so hard when they come home from something like this. :( They just look at you so pitifully and pull those heart strings hard, don't they? If he's really thirsty, he will take the crushed ice but in a few hours I wouldn't think a small lap or two would hurt him. I'm sure he was on IV's for a time and got plenty of fluids there to hold him for a while.

Prayers continue,
Hugs,
Leslie and the girls

Wylie's Mom
08-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Awwww, poor Mickee - I hope he recovers soon.

-Susy

gpgscott
08-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi John,

Glad the surgery is over and good thing to get in the dental while he was out:)

Gentle hugs and prayers.

Scott

Buffaloe
08-26-2009, 05:47 PM
John,

I gotta agree with Leslie, 2-3 licks of cold, purified water isn't going to hurt anything....then maybe another 2-3 licks thirty minutes later. (This is not professional advice). :p;)

Reminds me of a quick story. I had my tonsils and adnoids out when I was ten and my sore throat was like no other. My Mom was a nurse and she snuck into the hospital a DQ chocolate milk shake for me...totally against the rules. That cold milk shake going down my throat was unbelievably good. My Mom was way too cool.

'Hoping for an uneventful, relatively pain-free recovery and clean pathology report.

Ken

MiniSchnauzerMom
08-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Now we just wait for the results. :(

I'm glad everything went well and that Mickee is back home recouperating. Having just been this route with Mr. Munch I know how nerve-wracking the waiting can be and I'm hoping the growths are benign. Probably a good thing that while Mickee was "out" the doc did a dental. Mickee's chompers should be fresh and sparkling clean now :D

Louise

P.S. Just saw that I said the exact same thing Scott said about the dental....really, I wasn't copying...we were typing at the same time!! :D :D

Harley PoMMom
08-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi John,

So happy that Mickee's surgery went well today, here's hoping his recovery goes just as well, which I'm sure it will...our elder dogs, they're tough.

Will be praying along with everyone else that the growths are benign.

Love and hugs.
Lori

bkdice
08-27-2009, 09:08 AM
glad mickee is home and recovering :)

Roxee's Dad
09-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Yayyyyyyy!

Vet just called and both tumors are benign. He's in pretty good shape for being an old guy.:D:D:D:D

Carol G
09-01-2009, 08:08 PM
That is so wonderful to hear such good news.

Carol & Atty Cat and always Winnie & McGill

MiniSchnauzerMom
09-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Congratulations Mickee!!!!

Louise

sunimist
09-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Fantastic news!!! Big hugs to Mickee Boy!! :D :D :D

Shelba and Suni

BestBuddy
09-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Great news.:D:D

Jenny

Harley PoMMom
09-01-2009, 08:17 PM
:D:) YIPPEEE MICKEE :D:)
Wonderful, wonderful news, John, I am so happy for you all.

Love and hugs.
Lori

lleigh
09-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Yip, Yip, Yip, Woof, Woof, Woof! Hooray! Such good news. I know you are much relieved!

Lyn

Squirt's Mom
09-02-2009, 10:31 AM
YIPPEE!!!!

John, this is absolutely wonderful! What a great start to the day! I am so, so, so, happy for this outcome and I can imagine how relieved ya'll are!

Give Mickee a gentle belly rub from me,
(((((Huge hugs))))) to you,
Leslie and the girls

frijole
09-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Fantastic news!

gpgscott
09-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Great to hear this John.

Scott

lulusmom
09-02-2009, 11:21 PM
It's great to get news that makes you want to HOOT and HOLLER. I am tickled pink to hear that the tumors were benign and now I can pull those pins and needles out of my butt. :p

4Mikeydog
09-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi John,

I'm so glad Mickee is doing well and you got good news!!!!:D:D:D

with best wishes for a speedy recovery,
Dorothy and Mikey

k9diabetes
09-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I am late saying that I am SO VERY HAPPY for you and Mickee.

Natalie