PDA

View Full Version : Max the terrier, contender for 'world's oldest dog', celebrates 26th birthday

acushdogsmom
08-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Max, a terrier-cross in Louisiana celebrated his 26th birthday yesterday, making him a contender for the title of world's oldest dog. Max, who is a staggering 182 in dog years, has a veterinary birth certificate to prove his impressive age, and is awaiting official confirmation from Guinness World Records. Owner Janelle Derouen, 49, bought her beloved pet in 1983 from a local sugar cane farmer.

See full article with photos here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1205517/Max-terrier-worlds-oldest-dog-celebrates-26th-birthday.html

There's a video of Max and Janelle here:
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/living/2009/05/22/rolfes.worlds.oldest.dog.klfy

Roxee's Dad
08-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Wow, and a good looking 26 years old.

:DHappy Birthday Max:D

Hmmm...Kibbles and Bits for 26 years?????

acushdogsmom
08-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Hmmm...Kibbles and Bits for 26 years?????I know! :D :D :D Hard to believe, but apparently true!

lulusmom
08-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Man, he really does look excellent for his age. I watched the video and he has great muscle tone and all of his teeth. I got all excited for him and his owner and I'm going out and getting some Kibbles and Bits. :D

My very first dog, when I was a sweet young thing, ate Kennel Ration burger and cheese her entire life. She supplemented that with whatever we were eating and always had her own plate of spaghetti. She was a apricot toy poodle so she had an orange face for a few days after slurping pasta. She also loved coffee and we were always catching her face down in our coffee mugs. With the exception of throwing up chocolate she stole from my purse and having to spend one night at emergency because she got drunk on dad's unattended Scotch and water, she was never sick and my vet bills were equal to whatever vaccines she needed. She lived to be 18 1/2 years old. Just like people, I think genetics play a big part in canine longevity.

frijole
08-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Man that is one healthy dog! I couldn't help but notice he still has his teeth! Kibbles and bits?! geez.