PDA

View Full Version : Roxy (July 13, 1998 - July 30, 2008)

Roxy's Mom
07-30-2009, 11:34 PM
It is one year today that I lost my beautiful Roxy. I still miss her terribly and wanted to share some of my writings to her after she passed away.

One fall day in 1998 you came into my life. You were such a beautiful 4 month old Boston Terrier. What a joy and such energy. I notice however that you didn’t bark or didn’t know how. Odd, for a dog. We searched and searched for a toy to help teachyour to bark. We found a ball that when you would bite into it, it would bark. The ball taught you to bark. You barked, a deep chested bark, and a beautiful bark. My baby girl could bark.

Smiling: You loved to smile at mommy whenever you say her. You’d smile when I walked through the door coming home from work, every day smile when I’d pick you up from the vet or when I came back from shopping or going to the store. Such a big smile with your lips all up and quivering and all your teeth showing. You wanted mommy to know that you were happy to see her and mommy knew, she always knew. I’d give you a big pat on the head and rub your belly sides so you’d know that I was glad to see you too. I miss your smile Roxy, you beautiful smile. It was the best smile I ever saw, ever.

Your Toys: Balls: lets talk about all your balls. You loved standing at the top of the stairs and rolling the ball down the stairs so I would catch it and throw it back to you. You and your brother Max would both stand up there, way above me, looking down at me saying “Throw It!!! Throw It Now”. That was so much fun and
you enjoyed it so much. When we moved to our new house in 2002, we didn’t have an upstairs, but you did the same thing when I went to the basement. You so enjoyed this game, remember?

Do you remember Roxy, going to the park behind the house to play frisbee? You were free to run as far as you wanted. You were focused on the frisbee and most of the time, caught it. Caught it right from the air. Kids would watch you and dote on you because they loved you and wanted a dog “just like you”. You loved going to the park.

Bed-time was a joy. Max didn’t like it much because you had to have the best spot in the bed, right between mommy and daddy. You would do your very low growl and snarl when Max tried to get your spot. It was your spot. That’s where you always slept, always even when you were really really sick and got hot and couldn’t breath, you wanted to be between mommy and daddy. Some nights, we put you on the pallet on the floor hoping you could breath better, sometimes it worked but most times you’d sneak right back in the bed after we fell asleep. You were such a rascal, always wanting to be between mommy and daddy, and always bringing a baby to bed with us too.

You buddy Max: You loved Max and treated him real well. You’d wash his face every day, probably more than once, and cleaned out his ears too. These actions seems like a cats actions to me, but I guess you were just being a mommy by Max. You were definitely the leader of the pack. Max followed you everywhere.

I know you felt bad when you went to the bathroom in the house, you’d look at me and tell me you were sorry. It was okay, I told you so each and every time. You couldn’t help it, it wasn’t your fault. It was okay. I love you so much that the carpet didn’t matter, nor did the house. You are so important to me and my life stream.

Run Roxy, play as much as you want too, and have a good time. We will see each other again when my time comes and I will hug you tightly as you give me big wet doggie kisses.

Love Always,
Mommy

Squirt's Mom
07-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi Deb,

Thank you so much for coming back to share this wonderful tribute to your sweet Roxy.

You're story's of her balls and Frisbee playing behind the house brought smiles to my face. And I can just see her grinning at you when you came home from work, so glad to see her mommy.

I hope the time has helped to bring smiles to your face when you remember the wonderful life you and Roxy shared. There is no doubt in my mind that she continues to grin at you and send her love every day.

It is an honor to celebrate Roxy's life with you and to hold her memory up for all to share.

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls

BestBuddy
07-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks for sharing some of your feelings about Roxy. I'll bet she is smiling down on you now.

Jenny

ladysmom06
07-31-2009, 05:53 PM
What a beautiful tribute to your sweet Roxy. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Harley PoMMom
07-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Deb,

Your writings about sweet Roxy brought both tears and smiles to my face. What a beautiful tribute to your Roxy, she was so precious and smart.

Thank you so much for sharing her stories with us.

Hugs.
Lori

ChristyA
08-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi Deb,
Your tribute to Roxy definately brought a smile to my face. I'm so glad you posted. She sounds like a dog we would all want not just the kids at the park.
Christy

Roxy's Mom
07-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Roxy,
Today marks two years that we have not been together. I have been really sad all day and I miss you terribly.

I miss your “welcome home” bark when you would hear my car pull in the garage. I miss your smile when you greeted me at the door. I miss our walks and I especially miss your snoring at night.

Take care sweet Roxy. Run, and play and have fun. Know that I miss you and will never, ever forgot you.

frijole
07-30-2010, 08:47 PM
These are tough milestones aren't they? Gone but never forgotten. I took a look at your photo album and that picture of Roxy with her stuffed animal was adorable. You can see she was a loving little girl. Hold onto the memories. RIP dear Roxy. Kim

labblab
07-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Even though this has been such a sad day, thanks so much for coming back to allow us to join in remembering and honoring Roxy. Like Kim says, the milestone days are especially hard. And I see that both Roxy's birthday and also her day of passing are just a couple of weeks apart -- so July must be an especially emotional month for you. :o

Big hugs to you as you continue to grieve the loss of your little girl. I'm sure she is never far from your heart or your memory, but on days such as these -- I know you wish so much that you could hold her once again, even if only for a few moments...

Always in loving memory of your sweet Roxy ~
Marianne

clydetheboosmom
08-04-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm so sorry. RIP, dear sweet girl.