PDA

View Full Version : To Misty, with all my love forever

sunimist
07-29-2009, 11:22 PM
To Misty, with all my love forever.

I remember, like it was yesterday, when I first laid eyes on you. It was a beautiful June day in 1995 and my heart was still aching from losing Baby. Terri wanted to “take me somewhere” and I didn’t have a clue where we were going. She had been secretly searching for the perfect “you”.
We arrived at this place and knocked on the door. A lady greeted us with a warm and friendly smile. Behind her, I saw you (actually I didn’t know it was “you” at the time). She directed us to the nursery where she had four adorable babies. I tried to look at them but you would get between them and me and beg to be noticed. After all, they were babies and you were a whopping 3 months old and the cutest and sweetest little apricot poodle I had ever seen.

I went through the motions for a while, but you were always there just waiting, as if to say “you are not leaving without me”. I really believe you knew I had come to take you home. Knowing what my heart was saying, I turned to you and said “You are going home with me” and it was as if you understood and jumped up into my arms. I fell madly in love with you, as did Terri. Don too, when he came home from work that night. The rest is history.

You were a brat for a while but so happy to be with us. Remember when you would hide under the couch and I would panic if I couldn’t find you? Then you would poke your little head out just for a second to let me know where you were.
You loved to play games with me and tease me. You would run and play with abandonment but always wanted to know that I was watching you. We had such fun times. You were such a joy! You loved everyone and everyone loved you. You were convinced that everyone who came to our home came to see you and you showed them all how much love you had in your heart.

I dropped the ball training you because I wasn’t home during the day. I kept you gated in the kitchen and by the time you ate two gates, and chewed up my coffee table, I decided it was time to accept failure in the training department.
Down with the gates and welcome to “your” house. From that day on, you were the perfect angel. Never bothered anything else, and never attempted to chew, or in any way destroy or abuse, anything else. You were amazing!
I still have that coffee table! Other furniture comes and goes, but I will never part with that outdated chewed-up coffee table.

You were always a little lady who liked bows and painted toenails, but you had a tomboy side too. Guess you were the best of both worlds in our eyes. You loved to ride 4-wheelers, golf carts, Jeeps and even loved to ride the mower with Dad. You loved to cruise in your yellow mustang, or any other vehicle as far as that goes. A go was a go to you. Didn’t matter as long as it had wheels.
Your favorite place was the lake. You absolutely loved your Sunday afternoon rides around the lake and walking around the pavilion and swimming area. Your very own “lookout” rock (chosen by you) was a favorite place to let the wind blow your ears as you watched for squirrels.

Christmas was always a big celebration for us. Remember how you couldn’t wait to open your presents and shred the paper to pieces? The family loved seeing you do that. I think we will miss you most, if that’s possible, during the holidays. You looked so forward to the fun and joy of getting together with the family. I guess your second most enjoyed holiday was Halloween. Remember how you had to greet each little goblin with a kiss and a sniff to be sure they were your friend?

Remember how you would come up to me when you wanted something and say “ma-ma”? If I ignored you your “ma-mas” would become louder until I acknowledged you...so sweet. Then I started asking you “Who do you love?” and your reply was always “mama”. Amazing! I did not teach you this, you did it on your own. Such a smart little girl.

We have so many lovely, happy and wonderful memories of you and your walk through our lives. They will be our guiding light through the coming weeks, months and years.

For the past seven years your little body has been ravaged with health problems. Hypothyroidism, Cushings disease, Addison’s disease, early renal failure, pancreatitis, ulcers, HGE, loss of eyesight and other minor afflictions, but your will to live and desire to stay with us never waivered through it all. Even though all your health issues took it’s toll on your little body, we couldn’t convince your heart of that. You refused to give up. It ripped our hearts to shreds to see you go through all these evil diseases but we pulled it off so many times by the grace of God, your undeniable will to live, and the undying devotion of Joanna.

I promised you, my love, that when your time came I wouldn’t let you suffer. I knew, as did you, that the time was nearing. I also knew that you had chosen your departure schedule so you would be at home with us. Thank you so much for that. Though it shattered our hearts, we never had to leave you for one second.
And thank you for arranging a way to ease our loneliness and devastation even before it was time. Yes, I know you and God planned and executed the arrival of Suni into our lives to prepare us for the days ahead. You taught her so well, and her only desire was, and is, to be just like her “big sister”. She adored you even when you had to discipline her. She has helped us so much to cope with your leaving and I know that was part of your plan.

Our hearts break each time we think of you, and that is every day, all day. Tears flow at seeing all your pictures and all your many reminders around the house. We will never get over losing you my angel, and our love and devotion will never end, but when I think of you free from pain, perfect eyesight, a glorious hair coat and strong legs running and playing again, I can smile a painful smile and say “That’s my precious angel Misty!”
I will see you soon my love. Until then be happy and watch over Gabby, Prissy, Baby and all your special little cousins from the cushings board.

I will love you forever and always....Mom

To My Darling Angel Misty

I thought of you with love today
but that is nothing new
I thought of you yesterday
and the days before that too.

I sometimes hear you say ma-ma
as I softly call your name
I hear your tiny paw steps
And turn to see from where they came

It's then my heart breaks
Cause I know tis not true
It's only my wishful thinking
That makes me hear you.

I think of you in silence
and often speak your name
But all I have are memories
and your pictures in a frame.

Your memory is my keepsake
of which I’ll never part
God has you in his keeping
I have you forever in my heart

Mom

mytil
07-30-2009, 03:44 AM
Oh Shelba,

I am in absolute tears here reading how Misty became your angel and love. I know she is watching over you and will always be. Thank you for posting this.

Sending my continued ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
Love,
T.

forscooter
07-30-2009, 06:53 AM
Shelba...

I am so incredibly sorry....your incredibly special bond with Misty was always so evident in all that you did and the love you shared a true inspiration to all of us here. Thank you so much for sharing her story here...and for always sharing her with us.

Sending you much love and peace...and many many hugs....you know you have been my rock so many times that I wish there was more I could say :(

Love ya!! Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie

lleigh
07-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Shelba,

I read every word of your beautiful tribute and each one triggered smiles and tears. I am so sorry for your loss and hope all those wonderful memories will, in time, help heal your broken heart.

Lyn

labblab
07-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Shelba, I am so deeply touched by the beautiful and magical bond that you will ALWAYS share with Misty. I can hardly see through my tears as I read your loving words. Thank you, thank you for sharing her story and her life with us. She will never be forgotten. She will forever be loved.

So many (((hugs))) to you and Don and Suni, and to all your special angels ~
May their spirits remain with you always, and bring you comfort forever ~
Marianne

Squirt's Mom
07-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Dear Shelba,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful tribute of your life with Misty. The story of how you met and knowing then you were meant to be together touched me deeply.

I pray, in time, your smiles will hold more joy than pain and the memories of sweet, precious Misty will be a balm to your soul.

Our continued prayers sent with love,
Leslie, Squirt, Ruby, Goldie and Crystal

Harley PoMMom
07-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Dear Shelba,

Thank you also for sharing your beautiful story with us, your special and loving bond with her was indeed strongly evident.

Although words cannot take away the deep pain you feel, please know we all are here for you, care very much and understand.

Love and many hugs.
Lori

frijole
07-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Gulp. :(

Shelba what a wonderful tribute. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Kim

zoesmom
07-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Shelba -

My heart is breaking for you. Misty's bright light will shine on forever in your heart -- and here at the forum, where she inspired so many. Sue/Zoe

Wylie's Mom
07-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Shelba,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Misty's story with us - she had such a great personality and a fulfilling life. Suni has big paw shoes to fill!

Love & hugs,
Susy

Dollydog
07-30-2009, 07:46 PM
What a beautiful tribute to Misty....thank you for sharing your story with us. I wish I could go back into her thread and read more about your journey together. Please take good care of yourselves at this time,
Jo-Ann

Roxee's Dad
07-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Dear Shelba,
You had such a wonderful life with Misty. With my wound still so fresh I fully feel your heartbreak and sadness. We know Misty is in a beautiful place with all our cush friends watching over all of us.

acushdogsmom
07-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Thank you so much, Shelba, for posting that wonderful tribute to your precious, beautiful Misty. I know it wasn't easy for you to do, but I loved reading every word of it. You and I travelled the Cushing's road together and our little ones are surely together now, with Sachi and Georgie and all of our loved ones who are in our hearts forever and waiting for us until the time when we will all be together again.

One for all and all for one ...

(((hugs)))

MiniSchnauzerMom
07-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Shelba,

You wrote a wonderful tribute to your sweet Misty. Touched my heart.

How precious this is....“Who do you love?” and your reply was always “mama”. Besides showing you, she could tell you. Beautiful!

Louise

forscooter
07-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Shelba, thinking of you....Love ya, Me

gpgscott
03-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Shelba,

I missed this somehow.

And am missing Misty with you right now.

Scott

sunimist
03-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Thank you Scott. I miss her more than words can say. It will be 8 months the 24th since she left us and it still is so very painful.
She would have been 15 the 19th of this month. My sweet and beautiful girl.

sunimist
03-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi baby girl. It's your 15th birthday today and I am so sad that i won't be blessed to watch you open your gifts. My tears are because I love and miss you so still. My stubborn old heart just won't let go. I have dreamed of you often, but the most disturbing dream I have had was when you needed me and I couldn't get to you. I tried so hard. I wrestled with that dream for a long time and have yet to reconcile it. But sweet girl, most of my dreams are about having you back again and doing the things we enjoyed so much. Thank you for those dreams.

Suni is being such a bright spot in our lives and we love her so much, but here is a poem sweetheart that is for only you.

I Loved You Best

So this is where we part, my Friend,
and you’ll run on, around the bend.
Gone from sight, but not from mind,
new pleasures there you’ll surely find.
I will go on, I’ll find the strength,
life measures quality, not length.
One long embrace before you leave,
share one last look, before I grieve.

There are others, that much is true,
but they be they, and they aren’t you.
And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought,
Will remember well all you’ve taught.

Your place I’ll hold, you will be missed,
the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.
And as you journey to your final rest,
take this with you…I loved you best.

Happy Birthday Misty....I will love and miss you forever.

Ma-ma

labblab
03-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Dearest Shelba...

So many ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) to you this day ~

Love, Marianne

Roxee's Dad
03-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Shelba,
Sharing tears, sharing the heartache..... my thoughts will be with you and Misty today.
((Hugs))

bkdice
03-19-2010, 10:42 AM
i loved the poem shelba. thanks for sharing it.

i believe in continuing to celebrate birthdays for those we've lost. we have been so lucky to have them, and i know how it hurts remain here without them.

happy birthday to your misty!
wishing you much peace.

bettina & angel niko

mytil
03-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Oh Dearest Shelba,

I wish you peace today ~

Healing (((((hugs)))) continues from me to you and your family.
Terry

Harley PoMMom
03-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Oh Shelba,

I don't believe our hearts will ever let go; we love them too deeply, and I believe that is a good thing. We do come to a sorta peace with the pain in time, and I do hope and pray that in time you find your peace.

With much love and big hugs being sent to you today.

Happy 15th Birthday to Misty!

Love and (((hugs)))
Lori

Squirt's Mom
03-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Dear Shelba,

Another sharing tears with you.

The poem is so very touching and I know Misty hears it.

Happy Birthday, sweet Angel. Fill your Mama's heart with loving memories today and always.

Love and hugs,
Leslie

forscooter
03-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Shelba,

What can I say to you bc I know it won't ease your pain...but I do hope that the love being sent you from me and the tears intermingling with so many here will make you feel not quite so without Misty...bc we all have a piece of her in our hearts...and in combination, that is huge...

Love to you, sweet Shelba....Happy Birthday to sweet Misty!

Huge hugs and peace, Beth

zoesmom
03-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Angel Misty - you were such an inspiration. I know you are looking down on your Mom today - on this your 15th birthday. Hope Zoe has found you by now and is helping you celebrate. Sue

SachiMom
03-19-2010, 11:36 PM
Sweet Misty,

I do hope that you were able to have those nail painted bright red for your birthday celebration. Find the shiniest, fastest, blue Mustang and put the top down. Then gather all our angels around, have a little of all those forbidden foods and top it off with chocolate cake.

We all miss you sweet girl, but none more than your sweet mom.
Happy Birthday.

Love & Hugs
~ Aunty Mary Ann

Franklin'sMum
03-21-2010, 02:31 AM
Shelba,
Thank you for sharing that beautiful poem, Happy Birthday Misty
(((hugs)))
Jane
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES (http://www.motorcycle-tech.com/tires/motorcycle-tires)

sunimist
03-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Thank you all so much for your sweet thoughts and for sharing Misty's birthday with me.

My love to you all and your precious little ones.

Shelba and Suni

SachiMom
03-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Eight months. A blink of the eye, yet an eternity.
When we lose the best, it hurts the worst.

Shelba, your poems are so wonderful. They make me cry and my heart ache, yet I feel the joy that Misty brought to you and the love you have. If I could only write such words. Instead I read them and think of Sachi and Misty and others that we have lost that were so close to our hearts. Thank you Shelba, thank you for sharing with us.

Love and Hugs on this sad day.
Prayers for your heart.
~Mary Ann

Bichonluver3
05-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Dear Shelba:
I know this is somewhat late but the tears are falling so fast I had to write. What beautiful tributes your poems are to Misty. She was so fortunate to have such a special, loving and strong momin you. Our lives are what God gives us but you made hers even more than one could imagine.
Our love to you and I can see Misty running carefree through the beautiful fields of heaven with all her friends.
Carrol & Chloe

fivebichons
05-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Dear Shelba and Sunni,

I too apologize for being so late. I only check in every now and then. What a beautiful poem for Misty. It also brought tears to my eyes. I know she will always have a special place in your heart. I hope that you will get a little more peace as each day goes by.

God bless,
Heidi & Robin
Marco, Sophie, Sasha & Maggie
...Friskie, Lucky, Cheri and Snicky from Heaven...

sunimist
07-24-2010, 12:48 PM
For my angel Misty on this one year anniversary.
I love you with all my heart and miss you so very much still.

MISTY

Just one year ago today
You bid your final farewell
Your strength was gone, you could not stay
So still, so peaceful as our tears fell

We knew it was time for you to go
As your little ravaged body gave way
Our hearts were breaking and full of woe
As tears streamed down on this sad day

All the love we had in our heart
Was not enough to keep you here
When you told us it was time to depart
We kissed you while holding you near

Time stood still for so very long
As day by day we thought of you
Then reality set in and we knew you were gone
A void and loneliness that only we knew

Our memory and love for you will never die
And our home will never be the same
Without your presence by our side
Brings an empty feeling when calling your name

We have so many precious memories to hold
And one so very sweet and lingering still
It was your last “ma-ma” so clear and bold
Spoken the day before you left us, oh so real

We miss you my sweet angel, my most precious one
But go on we will, we must
Our race is not over, the victory not won
But your memory is in our keeping, of that you can trust.

We treasure your spirit, your kindness, your love
Your kisses, your snuggles and your funny way
It's then we seek out the brightest star that shines above
We know it's you beaming love with it's beautiful ray.

Stay happy, be strong, fly high and carefree
Watch over us forever with love as your guide
Take hold of our love as your sweet spirit flies free
And don't be sad for us, our love will never die

labblab
07-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Dearest Shelba,

What precious words for such a precious girl. I join you with my tears and I send you so many hugs this day ~ always in loving memory of your angel.

We shall never forget,
Marianne

lulusmom
07-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Shelba, your tribute to your baby girl, Misty, is wonderful. I know that when I truly speak from my broken heart about my beloved furbabies, I literally sob, so I can only imagine how tear drenched your keyboard is on this one year anniversary of sweet Misty's passing.

I wish I were there, if only for a moment, to give you a great big consoling hug. As Marianne said, we shall never forget.

Glynda

frijole
07-24-2010, 01:36 PM
That was beautiful. Wonderful tribute from a wonderful mom to our angel Misty. RIP little one. You are missed by us all. Kim

Harley PoMMom
07-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Dearest Shelba,

Your tribute to precious Misty was truly touching and beautiful. Sending big hugs to you with love.

In loving memory of your angel Misty.

Love and hugs,
Lori

Squirt's Mom
07-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Dear Shelba,

This is simply beautiful.

My tears join others in honor of your precious Misty.

Many hugs and much love,
Leslie and the girls - always

littleone1
07-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Your tribute to Misty is so beautiful, Shelba. I know that it has really touched all of us.

Corky and I are sending extra hugs today. You are very much loved and missed Misty.

Roxee's Dad
07-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Dear Shelba,

My heart is hurting for you today. We will always remember your Sweet Misty girl. I know she is watching over you.

Many (((HUGS))))

BestBuddy
07-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Shelba,

My thoughts are with you. Take care.

Jen

bkdice
07-24-2010, 10:25 PM
What a lovely tribute to your special girl on her 1 year angel day. I hope you were able to remember her with smiles as well as tears today.

SachiMom
07-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Dearest Shelba,

Such wonderful words for a sweet, brave, wonderful girl.

Her star shines bright. As will it always. We won't miss the red tint from the toe nails!

You both hold such a special place in my heart. I wish I could heal the hole in yours. Only time makes it a bit smaller.

Luv & Hugs ~ Mary Ann

mytil
07-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Tons of hugs and healing prayers to you Shelba....
Txxxxx

SasAndYunah
07-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Dear Shelba,

what a beautiful and loving tribute to your precious Misty...And howerver heartbreaking it is to loose a beloved pet, at the same time I find it stil so special how their beauty and love remain for ever.

Big hugs,

Saskia and Yunah :)

gpgscott
07-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Shelba,

Hugs to you, 'mama', and your dear angel Misty as well.

Scott

sunimist
03-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Happy 16th Birthday precious angel.

Your birthday is the perfect time
to wish you nothing less
than favorite memories, wrapped in love,
of you and I together
that bring you happiness.
For birthdays are the link
between our future
and our past,
reminding us to treasure most
those special yesterdays that will forever last!

Loving you forever....forgetting you never.

Mama

SachiMom
03-19-2011, 02:27 PM
A special girl. A special mama. A special poem.
Thank you Shelba for sharing your special thoughts in these very special poems and writings. They bring tears to my eyes and touch my heart to recognize the depth of love we have and share.
Happy Birthday sweet Misty. I hope you had a wonderful day at the spa having your nails painted bright red and pretty bows in the hair. Only the best for you.
Luv & Hugs
~Mary Ann

labblab
03-19-2011, 03:13 PM
What a beautiful poem for a precious spirit. Always to be honored, remembered, and loved by her family here.

So many hugs to you today, Shelba. And Happy Birthday, Misty Girl!!
Marianne

lulusmom
03-19-2011, 09:28 PM
I have to agree with the others and say that was a beautiful poem. We will always remember your beloved baby girl.

apollo6
03-19-2011, 11:43 PM
what a beautiful tribute to your angel Misty.
Hugs Sonja and Apollo

mytil
03-20-2011, 06:41 AM
((((((hugs)))))) Shelba
Terry

clydetheboosmom
04-04-2011, 11:02 AM
(((hugs))) from me, too :(

Lynne, Bailey & Angel Clyde