Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcoming Mr Chew Bacca Louie Dogge

Default Welcoming Mr Chew Bacca Louie Dogge

Or simply Chewy Louie...

Chewy came into our lives 3mos and 5 days after we lost our very beloved Fritz.

This little firecracker has made an impact on my life as well as the lives of others. Chewy was raised from birth around a special person and it shows in his calm personality. Chewy is a Wheaton red silky wire haired daschund puppy at 16 weeks old.

He has been with me to bible study, book club, the hospice, physical therapy just to name a few places. Chewy just finished an AKC puppy kindergarten course and will continue on to the novice course in 2 weeks.

This little mister has a higher calling than being my lap dog. With his socialization and his personality, I think he is on his way to being a therapy dog.

At home, he behaves like most puppies, but out in public, it's a different story.

Later this week, we will take him with us down south to do a wellness check on a family member.

Nervous about traveling with a young puppy, but no more than traveling with a senior dog.

Fritz has now been gone from us for a little over 5 months. My heart still aches for him. But Chewy Louie has carved a niche all his own into my heart.

Thinking of my friends here often and lurk in the background,

Marge
    Chewy, and our angels, Fritz, Wally and Lady

Default Re: Welcoming Mr Chew Bacca Louie Dogge

Oh Marge! AWWW Chewy Louie sounds like such a sweatheart...congrats on the new member of your family!! And, yes, were sure do understand that you still miss dear Fritz, I don't think that feeling ever goes away, it just gets a bit easier to deal with.

Hugs, Lori

Welcome to the family Chewy Louie!
    We'll always miss those who have gone on, but having them opens the heart to those who will follow.

We'll certainly look forward to the further adventures.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

I love his name! When you get the chance, post some photos of this little guy. I know Fritz will always be around you and he made sure Chewy Louie found a wonderful family.

Keep us posted
    Terry

Thank you for the warm welcome to Chewy.

We just returned from our first road trip together. We went down to Branson to visit Mark's uncle. A 9 hour ride in the car and you never knew he was there. Once we got there, Chewy had rock star status wherever he went.

Chewy officially graduated from kindergarten when we got back and began his novice training class.

Marge and CBL

PS I uploaded photos of Chewy to his photo album.
    Last edited by Wally P's Mom; 04-13-2016 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Addition

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Oh I love those photos - he is incredibly cute!!! Love the one at the 5 -10! Thanks for uploading these.
    Keep us posted
    Terry

I can't believe I'm so late to the welcoming party, but I'm 100% "in" after seeing your little cutie pie!

OMG he is so sweet!!!

I'm so happy for all three of you, Marge, and can't wait to read more about your adventures together. What a great way to start my day.

Marianne

Thanks for his warm welcome.

It's been a tough 2 days for Chewy. Yesterday he discovered ants or should I say they discovered him. Ants stuck to the side of his face and his whiskers. Good thing they didn't go up his nose.

Today, he ripped off one of his toenails. The vet applied the quick stop and wrapped it. I kept him home from school. He is surgical collared, soaked his foot in clear warm water and put some Neosporin on it. Bleeding stopped before the vet saw it. It looked like a cats nail that was declawed.

Did I miss anything for getting this toe healed?

His adventures are nonstop. There are more pictures to be posted.

Too tired tonight. I will write more later.

Marge

Chewy sounds like quite a character with an amazing personality. His photos are adorable. You've been blessed!

Ouch! Ants and ripped toenail! Those must hurt. He sounds like my Cinder, the oldest of our cats who has sent us running to the vet more than once because of her mischief. Our youngest is a handful too but somehow has managed to avoid vet visits. On the other hand, she has caused my husband to have at least one accident. ;-) Ah, young ones!

Yes, Fritz and all your angels will be forever missed. Gizmo is still on my heart. They were friends and family and will forever remain part of who we are. Hugs!
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

kanga Guest

I'm happy to hear this from you I know Frits is still watching you and his happy to see that your totally recover about his loss, glad that Chewy came to your life and make you happy Do you have any picture of your new pup?