Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Little Katrina Has An Adrenal Tumor (Katrina has passed) 8/19/2009

Default Re: Little Katrina Has An Adrenal Tumor (Katrina has passed) 8/19/2009

Candy -

I'm so sorry and yet so grateful that NixieStar has such a good family!

You take good care....

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

Dearest Candy,

I don't know if you remember me, but my beautiful beagle, Charlie Brown had adrenal gland and gall bladder surgery right around the same time as your darling little Katrina. Charlie never recovered enough to leave the hospital. His adrenal tumor was a very aggressive cancer and it had spread. We were fortunate to be with him at the end, though and we gave him many hugs and kisses and told him how much we loved him before he passed away. We know he knew us, though he was heavily sedated due to a seizure, because he barked to let us know.

I am still mourning the loss of my beloved Charlie, who had been my best friend, and sometimes my only friend, for fourteen years. Often I would think of your precious little Katrina and thank God that she made it through her surgery so well.

Today, I decided to log in and check on all the dogs and their owners I'd gotten to know last summer and early fall. I can't tell you how devastated I was to read that little Katrina passed away only about six weeks after my beloved Charlie. Candy, please know that I know how you feel. I keep my Charlie's photo with me all the time and it sits here on my desk. I never leave my house without telling Charlie I love him more than anything and letting him know he's still my special little boy and always will be. My heart breaks for your beloved Katrina just as it does for my beloved Charlie. Katrina and Charlie were sort of "partners" in this surgery and I know they're playing together across the rainbow bridge. Still, reading about the loss of your Katrina causes tears to come to my eyes.

I am glad to read that you're giving another special little doxie a wonderful home, though. I know your new little one is going to have a life filled with love. Katrina would be so proud and happy. She IS proud and happy.

Please know how heartbroken I feel as well. Because Katrina and Charlie sort of went through this together, Katrina had a special place in my heart as well. I haven't recovered enough yet to get another dog, but hopefully, I will someday. I pray every day for Charlie to give me a sign that he's alive somewhere and happy. At Christmastime, I was in a store and because of crowds, I had to go down an aisle I normally wouldn't have done. In that aisle, I found a ceramic Christmas tree ornament that looked exactly like my Charlie! And there was only one! Naturally, I bought it and gave it a place of honor on my tree. I hope this was Charlie's sign to me that he is happy and waiting for me.

God bless you, Candy, and your family of doxies. I know Charlie and Katrina are looking down on us from heaven and helping guide us day-by-day.

Much love,

Gabrielle

Gabrielle,

You got your answer about how Charlie Brown is doing when you walked down that aisle in that store. He's up there romping and running and playing in beautiful green meadows and gorgeous blue lakes and streams. He's with a wonderful pack of his best friends. He is a young, strong, healthy, happy dog and he's always got his eye on you.

Ken

Thank you, Ken.