Page 109 of 562 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 5616

Thread: Zoe By My Side- Our Journey with Cushings

Default Re: My Zoe, Lhasa Apso, diagnosed with Cushing's

Thank you Rhondayln,Mary Beth, Marianne and Sonja,

I may shoot an email to Dr. Peterson as well. I will contact Dr. Allen next week once I see her poos are consistent again.

Zoe's cortisol was so high to start, higher than most of the other pups yet her symptoms were not as bad as some of the other pups. Her other hormones were high to start but then they came down on the melatonin and lignans.

Tentative plan- wait and cut back metronidazole, bump her 5mgs more SID, wait 30 days to stim and see where I am and discuss adding back in the melatonin and lignans after that and see what I get. The IMS covering for mine for 3 months came out of UTK so maybe she has a different take on all of this as well and won't be so paranoid of adding back in the melatonin and lignans as our current one is. I really never wanted to take her off them. We'll see where it all goes. Still getting used to her behavior not being able to hear. I know it probably does not seem like such a serious problem but it has been hard for me to see her trying to adjust with the hearing loss. I think Zoe and I both need to adjust to that right now.

I would of tried adding the 5mgs at night but don't think that may do anything for her since it is so low.

I'll see what Drs Allen and Peterson think.

Hang in there my dear sweet buddy!!!

Remember we are stranded in Delaware in the non-basement pool with nothing to eat or drink.....

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!
    Marie, My Angel Girl Maddie, and Now Miss Ella

[QUOTE=marie adams;

Remember we are stranded in Delaware in the non-basement pool with nothing to eat or drink.....

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!![/QUOTE]

If you can hang on a little longer, I think we will be there late this afternoon or early evening.
    DON"T drink the ground water......it is salt water!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll look for you both in the pool!
    love,
    s

Addy,

Did MOM find us yet????

Happy Monday!!!

I hope you had a wonderful relaxed weekend!!! I love when you say it will be a good day when Zoe lays on your chest in the morning. Oh those special moments in the morning--the kisses and excitement of how happy they are to see you and you seeing them--who would think such a simple jesture could fill you with so much happiness...
    Marie, My Angel Girl Maddie, and Now Miss Ella

Hi Addy,

Because of the relatively short-lasting effects of trilostane, the ACTH stimulation test varies considerably with the time of testing relative to dosing. Because of the lack of this knowledge, early studies of trilostane showed clinical effects that were sometime discordant with the ACTH stimulation test results.
    That was a direct quote from Dr. Ian K Ramsey's paper entitled "Trilostane in Dogs". Do you give Zoe her Vetoryl at the same time every morning? Were all stim tests after starting treatment done approximately the same time after dosing? The stim results usually show the time of the initial draw and the one hour draw.

Glynda

Hi Glynda,
    Zoe get her Vetoryl with her morning meal which is usually between 5:15 and 5:45am.
    All the ACTH tests were done between 4-6 hours, the first 3 probably more like 5 to 5.5hours for the first draw and the last two more like 4.5 hours for the first draw. Our appointment is always 9:45 but sometimes they have an emergency or get to us a bit later.
    She also gets her metronidazole 10 minutes after her Vetoryl which IMS okayed. I brought that up last week about could that affect absorption and IMS did not like that idea.
    I am a bit worried because this morning she was acting like she always did which could mean her cortisol is going higher. I don’t really notice any difference. She is shaking her head more. I skipped the evening dose of metronidazole for three nights with not too bad of results. Her tummy is not flaking anymore but no new hair.
    Emailed Dr. Peterson. Not sure if he will answer.

I am still waiting for all her actual ACTH test copies, have not received them yet. I will ask again. IMS was behind.

Hugs,
    Addy

Post Re: My Zoe, Lhasa Apso, diagnosed with Cushing's

Addy - just checking in on Zoe - I havent been on since Sat - the hurrican got us Sunday morning and we just got the electricity, cable and telephone back ten minutes ago! Wow how much we appreciated these things when you dont have them!!! So I think your plan sounds good for Zoe - and if Dr Allen does not answer you call him - I sent him two emails and I didnt hear from him then I called and he said I dont always get to my email but call me anytime!! I know its hard to adjust to the hearing - it was hard with Penny also - she would go to the second floor on my sons bed when we went out and would be barking and running down the stairs when we came home - then after being on the trilo we would come in and I would have to yell to her that we were home!! - I dont want to totally blame the trilo but now that she is down to 10 mg she seems to hear better - glad Zoe isnt flaking on her tummy anymore!! It is hard to adjust to these changes - I understand - how is her eye sight?? Pennys is alittle off - said it was old age - how is is Zoe??? Well she is still sweet little Zoe with a mom who loves her dearly!!! It will take time but you two will adjust Hope you talk to Dr Allen soon!!! Keep me updated!!
    xoxo Cindy & Penny

Hi Cindy,
    I did hear back from Dr. Allen. I sent all the ACTH stim tests, told him how Zoe did not feel well this last increase for a good 12 days, etc.

He agrees with IMS that the next step is 20mgs am and 10 mgs pm. He thinks this way she can't rebound so fast if on twice day dosing and the increase to 30 is not hitting her all at once. He thinks because she was post 12.7 a 50% increase should be fine.

Have not hear back from Dr. Peterson but with the holiday weekend coming quickly, he may well be out of the country.

I just have to figure out when. She actually greeted me at the door tonight. First time in 3 weeks she knew I was there. I admit to being nervous about this one. Worried about her hearing it just seems a little better. ANd I just got her metronidazole dose down again.

I have some thinking to do.

Hugs,
    Addy

Hi there Addy,
    sorry to hear your sweet Zoe has been a bit off lately. I hope the new dosing will definitely help make a difference. If I'm not mistaken I believe someone mentioned the same dosing path for Princess next time around (depending on her stim numbers) and since she is still not completely resolved on the 10mg BID.

I wish you and Zoe much success and good health.

Warmest regards and tight hugs.

Xo Jeanette and the Princess

Thank you Jeanette, I know you have had your hands full with Princess trying to figure out dosing. They keep us on our toes. Other than the behavior from the hearing loss and her colitis flare up, Zoe feels fine. Wait, that didn't sound too good did it? I think the greeting at the door has to do with her hearing and her colitis is under control again. She is playing and happy.

This morning she did not come in to drink water and she walked, did not run, back to the house after potty break, she usually runs for her breakfast

That is the behavior I see when her cortisol is down around 10. I am going to wait a bit before I change anything.

Love,
    Addy