Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Princess Is Gone But Not Forgotten

Default Re: My Princess Is Gone But Not Forgotten

You can come in and visit us whenever you need to Carol.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

You don't have to leave Carol. You can stick around. We all have something to offer, whether it be support, knowledge or understanding.

Welcome, you have come to the right place. Our fur balls are our babies, our family, our heart and soul. We only have them on loan for a short time. It is never long enough. They make us better people for the love, joy,support they give us. It has been over 3 years since I lost my Apollo and I come here for the love and support I need . You are not alone in your feelings and love you had and will always have for your Princess. And yes society does not understand the deep love we have for these incredible beings.
    Love Sonja, Apollo

Carol, belated welcome!

I joined in the Spring of 2015, when our adopted silky terrier was badly declining in health. His seeing and hearing were almost gone. By the time, I posted his Cushiings numbers and started to get advice from ones here, Gizmo was losing his battle with pancreatisis. Everyone here made me feel very welcome. So, I'm glad you found this group. It's a good place to ask questions, learn, and receive support.

Quote Originally Posted by My Little Princess View Post
    Hello to all of the great members here. My name is Carol. My little furchild was named Princess. She left me in Feb. 2014. When I first was told she had Cushings I was scared and cried for days. My vets said she had about two years. Than I did a very foolish thing. I put my trust entirely in her vets. Her cortisol was a roller coaster.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

Leslie, hi.

My being only a year here, this is the first time I've heard your entire story. Thank you saving Squirt. You gave him the life he deserved. And then he was able to there for you too. You have such an amazing and special story. Animals really can save us, can't they? I wish for all they do, they received a longer life on earth. Ten, fifteen, twenty years.... it's all too short, but I guess we should be glad to have at least that many years. We need their love. Hugs to you. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt's Mom View Post
    Dear Carol,

Squirt came to me when she was 5 weeks old, saved from drowning because the owner of her mom was ashamed her show dog had a litter of mixed breed puppies, even tho the dad was also a show dog. Squirt was supposed to be my daughter's dog but my child was out of town when Squirt was delivered and by the time she got back home, it was much too late - Squirt and I had bonded, so Squirt and Gia became sissys instead.

In 2006, my daughter was found dead in her home, no known cause. I thought I would die, too, but Squirt literally saved my life during the darkest period I have ever known or can imagine ever knowing. She gave me purpose, a reason to keep waking up every morning and face another day. Thru her illness she brought me in contact with people
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

Today, I had a desire to come back to say hi to my friends on this site. I was sad to see in the time I have been gone several pet parents have lost their furchild. I also see there has been quite a few new ones to the forum. Cushings is indeed a sad disease. But among the gloom there is the angels who continually work hard giving these ones hope, information, encouragement and support. Calming the fear that this disease brings. My love and respect for these continues to grow. I still think about my Princess every day and long to hold her, if only for a minute or two. . Even tho she has been gone for a little over 2 years, I have not got another dog. Perhaps one day. As Sonja said - they are our babies, family, heart and soul. And Allison ,like you this site was found to late but this site is a welcoming mat to ones who grieve . With respect and love, Carol