Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Calcinosis Cutis and Cushings (Peety has passed)

Default Re: Calcinosis Cutis and Cushings

Oh shoot, poor Peety and what a scare, hope he heals soon and so glad he is still wagging his tail!
    Letti and Angel Simba, Meeko too!

Nothing like a quick dash of adrenaline. Did Peety think you were bored today. I'm glad you were able to get him to the vet right away. Hopefully every day will continue to be better than the day before. Those cc scabs are quite scary to begin with, the bleeding was just awful scary I'm sure.
    That is so cute about how is tail was just a wagging at the vet office. How adorable is that!
    Heats of gold these babies of ours have.

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Oh Pat, how scary, but you and Peety handled it like pros. Seems like Peety is doing okay if he is wagging his tail and wantng love from the vets. Glad you got to the vet quickly. Never a dull moment with these babies. Glad we all found this forum, we don't feel so alone in our trying to help our pups. Hope you'll have a good day. Storms coming to Nashville, yikes. Love, JoAnne

Today was better, we had a good night and I am encouraged to see his calcium laden body looks a little drier today. His side is better, but after I washed him with the Hibiclens today, left his shirt off for drying and he managed to get the other side. Luckily I was standing there and intercepted his outta control scratching. Gave him a tramadol and he is now resting. I actually do see improvement. Certain areas I have been putting the coconut oil on like the backs of his legs are much improved. So maybe we are finally on to something. No new places coming out. So I'm thinking the prednisone had to have had alot to do with the way it all started popping out. Still on track to do the cushing's test, but everyday I see him improve just a little and it
    is so heartwarming. Just got to get him past this itchey stage. Poor lil guy, he can't help it. But he's doing good, I am so much happier.

Hope everyone is doing good today. Happy almost TGIF....
    Pat Peety's #1 fan

So happy to hear a good report on Peety. Every day that he improves is a good day.
    Prednisone could definitely be a contributing factor. It is a cortisteroid, able to replace cortisol and raise it. All things that contribute to CC.
    That coconut oil sounds like good stuff. So glad it is helping.

hugs,
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hello, hello! How are you and Peety? Hows the cc doing? Are they all getting better still?

Let us know when you can!!
    hugs,

Hi, we are not doing great, but then I have never seen this disease or know what exactly I should be expecting, I just know he looks like a seriously neglected lil guy. It makes me so sad, but I concentrate on keeping him clean and doctor the bad places. I did talk to my Vet, and we have scheduled the Cushing's test for May 6th. For now I am using the Hibiclens and neosporin and keeping him covered with a tee shirt. I do give him some time to just air out but It makes me sick to see his skin the way it looks. Maybe I will upload some pictures. I keep socks on his back legs, because he has no hair and it rubs against his bedding when he lays down and they are so raw. I keep neosporin on them and socks. He's happy with that. He is still eating good and playing and is generally very happy. No mirrors for him.LOL. Anyway, I guess we are doing the best we can. We are wheening him off his BP meds because my vet doesn't think he really needs them. He was 18 lbs, now 14, so every time he comes near the kitchen and acts like he is hungry he gets, fed. I figure he needs to be good and healthy for the coming weeks.

He is so patient and loves me for trying. I will never think I have done all that I can until I know I have and we are a looooong way from that. Hugs

Pat Peety's #1 fan

Pat: You are doing great to keep Peety doctored. I know it is awful for you and the sweet puppy. My little guy still has his cone on day and night and the sore on his foreskin is healing, but he has had it over a month. I feel so bad for him to have to keep the cone on day and night and only take it off when he eats and goes out. I know everything you are doing is helping Peety. Maybe when he gets his diagnosis the doctor can give you some medicine to help him. I am sending healing thoughts to you and Peety. Hope you have a restful night. Love, JoAnne

Thanks JoAnne, It's nice to know someone else has an almost perfect idea of what I am dealing with. Just to hear you say, I wish he didn't have to wear his cone day and night gives me a visual that I know all to well. And I am so sorry that you are dealing with the same thing. I know that I am making the right decisions, but that doesn't make him alright. When I do take the cone off I try to leave it off as long as possible, by keeping a close eye on him. He's so happy with it off. And it has become so important for me that he is happy. I am so afraid that his skin will never be the same. He is a mess, but his face is so sweet and he gives me lil kisses all the time. I love that.

Yes, hopefully after the test we can put him on something that will improve his skin situation. Everyday my hope is for more than I can even imagine. And my prayer is that God can read my mind, because I don't always know what to say or how to say it. Just make him well, that's pretty simple. Right? God get's it I know.

Take care, keep me updated with your progress and hugs to both of you. Pat Peety's #1 fan.

Oh Peety. His poor little body. I absolutely hate how the cc affects them. Are you seeing any improvement still with the coconut oil?
    Everything that I have read says that to get control of cc and make it go into any kind of remission, the hormone levels need to be balanced to a normal level. Usually the cortisol has to come down too. Are you still going to do or are you doing the lignans and melatonin? Maybe that will help to bring the cortisol down.
    I hate the cones as much as they do I think. My golden had to practically live in one for so much of the last years of her life. If it wasn't her skin, it was getting hematomas on her ear. She got pretty good with it, but she still was like a happy dog bouncing around when it was off, even for a bit.
    Hang in there. You are trying to help Peety and I am sure that he knows that you are trying to help him.
    HUGS,