Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: My Beautiful Buddy Boy

Default Re: My Beautiful Buddy Boy

Hi Kathy,

I'm thinking of you and Buddy today also. I know how tough these anniversaries can be, and I know today will be difficult. A smile comes to my face as I remember all of his stories and adventures. We are all here with you today Kathy.

Love and big hugs,

Tina and Jasper xo
    The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be. ~ Konrad Lorenz

The beautiful ones you always seem to lose. ~ Prince

And the road goes on forever... ~ Gregg Allman

Angels, Thanks for all the love to wake up to this morning and for joining me in celebrating Buddy's amazing life.

I put off going to sleep last night hoping that today would never come, yet here it is!

No one talks about Buddy anymore unless I make a comment about him. My folks didn't care when I mentioned this dreaded anniversary fast approaching. Their comment was, "Well, we have Rosie now." Like that comment somehow makes it all better. IT DOESN'T! I still feel terribly sad and don't even want to get up this morning.

Thanks again for remembering us on this day. Xxxxxx

Kathy

Dear Kathy
    What you are feeling is normal. Family often doesn't understand the depth of our sorrow and grief. You understand only too well how you feel. It is almost two years since Apollo's passing and all I want is to have him back.
    That is why you come here to get the love,support and comfort you need.
    Loving thoughts
    Sonja and Angel Apollo

Kathy, thinking of you and Buddy today.
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Many members has sent me PM's asking specific questions as to how I have been dealing with the loss of Buddy. Please know that these comments reflect my feelings about this very difficult subject. Others may feel differently and that's perfectly okay. I have been told many times in messages that I am very brave. I need to dispel that myth right now. I am not brave. I am human. I am damaged and I am sad. I did what many others on this forum have done. I released my best friend, so he wouldn't suffer. A large chunk of my heart went with Buddy when he crossed over that day. I was the last thing he saw as he closed his eyes for the last time. I told him to go get the lizards as my heart was torn to shreds. I went into shock immediately following Buddy's release. I couldn't even go home because I wasn't ready to face my family. They begged me not to take him, but I knew it was the right thing to do. The only thing that I could do for Buddy.

Know that grief comes in waves. There is no time frame, so be gentle with yourself when the time comes. Our family here held me together when I was in shock and unable to function. Losing a beloved fur baby breaks your heart, but you are never alone. There are always angels here who understand.

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Budster's Mom View Post
    Many members has sent me PM's asking specific questions as to how I have been dealing with the loss of Buddy. Please know that these comments reflect my feelings about this very difficult subject. Others may feel differently and that's perfectly okay. I have been told many times in messages that I am very brave. I need to dispel that myth right now. I am not brave. I am human. I am damaged and I am sad. I did what many others on this forum have done. I released my best friend, so he wouldn't suffer. A large chunk of my heart went with Buddy when he crossed over that day. I was the last thing he saw as he closed his eyes for the last time. I told him to go get the lizards as my heart was torn to shreds. I went into shock immediately following Buddy's release. I couldn't even go home because I wasn't ready to face my family. They begged me not to take him, but I knew it was the right thing to do. The only thing that I could do for Buddy.

Know that grief comes in waves. There is no time frame, so be gentle with yourself when the time comes. Our family here held me together when I was in shock and unable to function. Losing a beloved fur baby breaks your heart, but you are never alone. There are always angels here who understand.

Kathy
    Great post .....sums up how I feel and felt too. RIP tommy aka boof and Tammy. Love and miss both of you so bad

Hey Bud,

I need to find a way to help someone who desperately needs it. I don't know if there is anything I can do, but I need to try. You were always by my side whenever I was worried about someone and couldn't sleep. Knowing you were there made all the difference. I so wish you were here now to help me find the right words to say.

Love you and miss you forever and a day,

Mom

I know to well how you feel. Sometimes just listening and comforting can help others. When we are still grieving our selves there s not much left over for others.
    Sonja and Angel Apollo
    Buddy was your rock ,your foundation.

Hey Bud,

I had the title changed and closed your thread yesterday. I changed the title to reflect your struggle. Those horrible headaches that are now gone and your poor legs giving out on you when you tried to run or get up. Your struggle getting up the ramp to guard and not being able to get through your doggy door to get out, to name a few. There were many. You were a very brave little warrior. The change was made so others needing information could find what they were searching for easier.

I had you thread closed because our journey together here on earth ended over 13 months ago. I know that you have moved on and I'm glad that you are now pain free, but I have not been able to do the same. I am stuck in limbo unable to move forward. I miss you as much as ever, especially cuddles and massages in the morning while you were waking up. I miss my nosy little shadow hanging on every word. So Buddy, I closed your thread. Our adventure is over, but you are forever loved and cherished and never forgotten.

Your memory thread will remain open. I'll be dropping in to talk with you and others may want to comment as they remember things also. You will always be our Mighty Lizard Hunter. No other fur baby will ever overtake your title here on the forum.

Your little sister Rosie is a handful. She will never replace you because you are irreplaceable, but she does keep me company like you used to.

Well Bud, I so wish you could have stayed with me until I was ready to cross the bridge, so we could have gone together. Drop in every now and then to visit and check out Rosie. She'll give you a laugh, that's for sure.

Love you and miss you forever and a day,

Mom

Dear Kathy, I only know to well what your sweetlBuddy went through. Apollo had many of the same ailments. I looked at Buddy's pictures and can understand only to well that this little Angel was bigger than life. A part of you died when he left. It is almost two years and I will never get over losing Apollo. Seeing them suffer as they did only makes it harder. Comfort yourself with knowing you both fought as hard and as long as you did. Oh dear,the tears are coming again.
    Hugs for you and a hug for Buddy in heaven. Know Apollo and Buddy are running free without pain.
    Sonja and Angel Apollo