Canine Cushing's Information and Support Forums  

Go Back   Canine Cushing's Information and Support Forums > Everything Else

Everything Else An opportunity to talk about anything and everything else, whether it's health-related or not

Old 08-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Forum Host

Default Re: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Oh what wonderful news!

Have more bottles of rum and champagne, and have FUN!!
Old 08-02-2017, 02:20 PM

So glad to hear the wonderful news about your sister.... you can now really enjoy your girls holiday. Sounds like your dog sitting was a dream, I often wonder if I could handle a puppy now. My daughter got a new chocolate lab puppy a few weeks ago, she's finding it challenging, however she works full time, two teenage boys and 2 cats, including my Simba who doesn't care about the dog one way or the other. Probably because he spent so much time waiting to be adopted.
Have a wonderful, wonderful time.... stay safe.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Administrator

That is such wonderful news about your sister!!!!! You go have yourself a fantastic time!!!!!
Old 08-03-2017, 09:38 PM

So pleased to read the news about your sister. Definitely calls for a celebration!! Enjoy your trip (although have to say I'd prefer Budapest as I'd love to go there, and also Prague - hopefully one day).

OH is off to London for a family visit so Henry and I are "borrowing" his Mustang for a few day trips
Old 08-14-2017, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Oh fun, trips in the mustang! How is Henry doing with the summer cars and his anxiety? Is that totally gone now?

I would have loved Budapest too and hubby said it was wonderful, he just loved it. Another friend of mine just got back from 3 weeks in Prague and he loved it there too.

Jamaica was lovely though and Round Hill was just fabulous. It was like living like a princess. In fact, Prince Harry was just at Round Hill in March. His friend got married at the little town down the street and the reception was at Round Hill, so he stayed there while he was in Jamaica.
We also lounged over by Ralph Laurens villa that is on the beach (he has 2 villas!) (I'd be happy with 1/2 of one hahahaha), and got spa treatments.
Definitely different for me anyway and fun to experience.

Oh the stories I could tell now. hahahahaha

Now I'm moving on to my next event, which is we have decided to have a End of Summer Pool Party. I have catering lined up and a band. Sending out invites soon. Might see if my friends husband who owns a brewery wants to contribute beer to the event and another friends friend owns a vineyard, so possible wine. I'm in organize mode.

I'm sure I'll have more adventures to line up in the future too.

So how is everyone else doing?!
Old Today, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Holy moly, This party is turning into some humdinger. We have people driving down from Ottawa for it, some celeb types even, and just a slew of people that are saying yes they will attend.

And Kids! I told Daniel we have to tell people this year to bring their kids and people are loving it, and now we have a whole slew of kids from toddler through teenager coming. I just got two pool blow up logs, with jousting logs for an overturn game, pool basketball, all kinds of stuff. It's going to be a blast. Fixing up the spare rooms for those who don't have a place to stay and can't afford hotels. I might be in heaven, planning this. hahahaha can you tell.

My personality dictates that I love to have people enjoy themselves and laugh. So that is what I'm trying to make happen.

You know, if anyone is in the Toronto area.... there is a party on 16 September at my house. Just saying.

Anyway, when I'm not working I'm answering invites and questions, and getting the house ready, we are building a huge play, and movie area for the kids when they get tired of pool time and food, still working on catering menu and band playlist, etc. Which happens faster than one would think. I've taken off a couple days after labor day to get it together

I'm soooo excited!!!!
Old Today, 10:16 PM

How about big kids like me?? Sounds like a blast!