Thread: Fleas!!!!!

Angry Fleas!!!!!

Hello,

Now that my pup has passed on, I can't seem to get rid of the fleas in my apartment! I treated her for fleas, but not the apartment. SO, now they are attacking me & Iv'e gone through 2 rounds of flea foggers. I thought I had killed them w/the last round, because they were laying low for a few days, but now they are back. I only have carpet in my bedroom, & this seems to be the worst area. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best method to kill them? I've used 2 different brands, but still no luck.

Default Re: Fleas!!!!!

Kill the adults and then try Precor, that should take care of the eggs and infants. That should break the cycle.

And vacuum, vacuum, vacuum!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Quote Originally Posted by dsbailey View Post
    Kill the adults and then try Precor, that should take care of the eggs and infants. That should break the cycle.
    After reading reviews, It sounds like Precor will kill both the adult fleas & the young, but where do I find Precor at ? Iv'e tried Petco & Petsmart, but they don't carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan2517 View Post
    And vacuum, vacuum, vacuum!
    So do I vacuum immediately afterwards ? and how often after that? Thank you

Just vacuum as much as you possibly can and empty the canister/bag each time, so the critters don't escape back into your house. If you're not sick of vacuuming, you're not doing it enough to rid your house of fleas/mites or other crawlies. You also have to wash all bedding, pillows, etc. It does eventually work if you are diligent. Fleas are probably in your yard too, if you have one. That will need to be treated, so you don't bring more in. So sorry.

My dog arrived with fleas, ticks, skin mites and ear mites. Due to severe allergies, I was unable to use chemicals to eradicate them. Washing and vacuuming religiously eventually broke the cycle of infestation.
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 07-21-2017 at 12:45 AM.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

I vacuumed every day for weeks and finally got rid of them...and not just the floors, you have to do any furniture with fabric. It's a pain, but it's the only way.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.