Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adrenal Tumor Cushings

Default Re: Adrenal Tumor Cushings

The decisions are agonizing, aren't they Terre. Let us know how you're doing.
    Best wishes.

Ken, thank you for your response. I am talking to the surgeon tomorrow to get some more questions answered. She had said that she thought Max was a reasonable candidate for the surgery.
    I want to do the right thing and if the surgery would improve his quality of life, even if for a couple more years, then I will do it. I know there are no guarantees, but it is promising to hear about your story.
    If we do go through with surgery, I know it will be the hardest/worst day of my life too. All I can think about is how I'd be putting my little baby through such torture without being able to explain it to him!

LaurieLee, thanks for your reply too. Every bit helps!

I will keep you all posted....

Terre and Max

Hi, Terre,

I'm sorry you are going through all this with Max. It is so hard to know what the best thing to do is. You are so right about it being even harder not being able to explain to them what you are doing and why. I do think they know they are loved and understand that we would not hurt them without good reason. You will make the right decision for Max and he is lucky to be so loved.

My Alivia (13 year old Jack Russell Terrier) possibly has a right adrenal tumor. We've had differing opinions on two ultrasounds and she also suppressed during the LDDS test, which with an adrenal tumor is not supposed to happen. Nothing with Alivia is ever clear cut, but I love her dearly. I also have another 11 year old Jack Russell named Maxwell.

I hope your meeting with the surgeon today went well. Anyway, I will continue to check your thread for Max updates and wish you both the best. Hang in there!
    Best,

Mary Beth and Alivia