Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frida, Blue Heeler Mix, Just diagnosed with Cushings

Default Re: Frida, Blue Heeler Mix, Just diagnosed with Cushings

Frida has been on Vetoryl (30mg x 2 per day) for a week and a half and is responding well. Her drinking and urinating have gone back to normal levels. She is slowly getting energy back and has started playing again. I take her for short walks, but she gets tired if we go too far or up a hill. She still can't jump up into my truck.
    Her vet is happy with how she is doing, according to urinalysis, Frida's cortisol levels are now in normal range. ( I will post quantitative results later)
    We were switched over to 30 mg Vetoryl capsules and were allowed to return the 120mg capsules at no charge, but the 30mg capsules cost $80 for 14 days. That's a huge percentage of my tiny paycheck and I won't be able to keep paying that much. The vet is supportive of us switching over to a compounding pharmacy.
    I contacted Diamondback Drugs today and got a quote. Their price for trilostane is a fraction of the cost for Vetoryl. I think I can afford this - yay!
    It is such a load off of my mind to see Frida feeling better, to have us both being able to sleep through the night without numerous trips to the water bowl and outside to potty, and to know that I am going to be able to provide care for Frida after all.
    Thanks for your advice. I will keep you posted.

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

I am so very glad to hear this good news - was wondering how things were going with you and your girl.

Please continue to keep us updated and post those numbers when you get them.

Terry

It's been stressful, but I wasn't ready to share. I found that posting on this site when I was stressed out about Frida made the stress worse for me. I was starting to second guess my decisions and freak out about them. It's better now with the positive things that have been going on with respect to Frida.
    I have been glad that I had the resource provided through everyone on this site. It's really helped a lot.
    Thanks!