Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Calcinosis Cutis and Cushings (Peety has passed)

Default Re: Calcinosis Cutis and Cushings (Peety has passed)

Pat, I continue to be shocked at Peety's loss and my heart just breaks for you. I know your sorrow is overwhelming.
    I hate the sound of silence in the house too and that must be very difficult, maybe even the hardest as the reminder is so in your face and awful.
    We are here any time.

hugs and love
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I am so very sorry for your loss, Petey knew he was special and loved so much. Rest in peace sweet boy, tonight you are amongst our newest and brightest stars in the night sky....
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of your sweet boy Peety.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

I am very sorry to hear about Peety. He has been welcomed by our other fur angels at the rainbow bridge. His fur is long, beautiful and healthy now and he's pain free. Run free sweet boy, run free!
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Thinking of you Pat and sending you warm hugs.

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

It has only been 3 days and I can still feel him and smell him. OMG, this just cannot be true. My mind just does not want to believe he is gone. I really just want to curl up in a ball and cry until I cannot cry anymore. 12 years of memories flood my mind and I hold on to them fearing they will just disappear. The house is so quiet and so lonely, everyday routines that were so familiar have been replaced with "something" that just fills time. Every day walks were his time. I always let him meander if he wanted because most of the time he was in the house and I wanted him to have time to explore and Meet and Greet all of his lil fur-buddies. I determined sniffing tells a story that only they understood. I have not yet ventured out alone, just don't want to give them the news just yet. So grieving is what replaced the fun walks and that is how it will be for as long as it has to be.

I can see him running down the hall, sliding on the wood floors as he tries to turn the corner. We use to play ball in the backyard and he would run so hard and fast he would almost do a back flip and I would laugh so hard, like that was what he wanted me to do. His toys were so special to him. Every night I would put them all back in his basket, everyday they were all out again. And they were all his favorites. He would hide them under his blanket and then pretend he couldn't find them. We caught on to that one. I took a video of his craziness and I am so glad I did. It is so funny and I will always cherish it.

When I would drive into the garage, he would hear me and be waiting at the back door for me. I loved to look at him through the window in the door, his tail going ninety miles an hour. He would greet me like he hadn't seen me in weeks. And if I ever went out of town, OMG, he would follow me around with his nose up against my leg and when I had to say goodbye, it just broke my heart. But the reunions were always great. And he forgave me for leaving.

So in answer to How are you doing, not very good but it is nice to know there is a place to come to where the grief is understood. I lit a candle for him. I read the rainbow bridge story and I cried thinking that he is there waiting for me and one day we will be together again.

I have read many a story on the grief suffered by the passing of one of these babies. None has ever touched me in the way this has. It is so profoundly true and heart wrenching I could barely get thru it. One thing that helped me was the beautiful love coming thru in every word you wrote about Peety. Your relationship was like mine is with my Tipper. I am sure you saw the joy in Peety's eyes beaming back at you for all you have done to make his life so special. I wish I had that illusive magic wand to make things go back to how they were for you and Peety. God Bless you and your sweet Peety.
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

I think that this is a very long process, this grieving. You and Peety have such a long history together, that I cannot imagine how profoundly painful it is now for you.
    I too wish that I could turn back time and make all right again in your world.

I'll just continue to send you warm thoughts and strength.

hugs,

Sharlene and Molly Muffin

Pat

I am so sorry to read that you lost Peety.

I will go light a candle for him.

Run free little man

Mel
    Xxxx

One of my dogs was recently diagnosed with Cushings and has calcinosis cutis. I just discovered this forum this afternoon and was reading through the discussion of Peety's condition. I am sitting here crying because I just read the post that Peety had passed. I don't know you, Peety's Mom, but please know that I understand your pain at losing your sweet boy. I am so sorry for your loss.

I will be posting more soon about my Bailey's condition and progress.

Janet