Page 57 of 562 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157557 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoe By My Side- Our Journey with Cushings

Default Re: My Zoe, Lhasa Apso, diagnosed with Cushing's

Dear Addy
    Hope Zoe is doing better.
    Hugs Sonja and Apollo

Hi Marie and Sonja,

Thanks for checking on us. Zoe has had a bit of a strange week or two. I can't equate it to stopping her probiotic; I think it is just a coincidence, but that is when it started.

We may have to start our lysodren sooner than we thought. I have been having a hard week or two. Her birthday is Sunday and she has been "off" and it has all set me into a tailspin. Last year on her birthday they called me to tell me they thought she had Cushings. I did not want to be superstitious this year but she is just not herself.

Marie- how exciting you are looking for puppies. I am sending BIG BIG HUGS your way.

Sonja- hoping Appolo's stim and therapy go well this week.

Love you both.
    Addy

Hi Addy-
    I'm sorry for your concern about Zoe. That is all still so fresh for me. My son called earlier to hear how our vet visit went today and after I told him he asked me how was I doing? I said I was better now that we'd seen the vet....but that by the time I went to bed (for 3 hours) last night, I practically had Bailey 6 feet under.
    What does "a strange week" mean?
    Big Hug being sent your way.

Love,
    Susan

Hi Addy,

You need the ((((HUG)))) today!!!!

I know that feeling with the birthday--that was the day Maddie had a hard time getting up. How old is Zoe going to be on the 17th? Where is the faith that things will be okay??? Another (((HUG))) needed here!!!

Here's hoping it is really nothing but just a bad week for Miss Zoe and you...

I DON'T WANT TO WORK TODAY!!!!!
    Marie, My Angel Girl Maddie, and Now Miss Ella

I DON'T WANT TO WORK TODAY!!!!!
    I did not either it was a LONG WORK DAY

Thanks for the hugs Marie and thanks for checking in Susan. You have your own hands full along with no sleep.

It started last week. We had some dying, old trees cut down in the front yard so now you can see the road and people and dogs and lots of exciting things. One of the dogs had a potty accident in the living room 3 times in a week. It was always at the same time when the door was opened right before dinner. Both dogs were taken out and they both peed so not sure which one.

Zoe always sleeps till between 5:00 and 5:30. She gets up and cries by the bedside wanting to be lifted up. If she gets up at 5:00 I tell her go back to bed and she does until 5:30. For 3 mornings in a row she did not do that, I heard her get up and go in the den and start chewing on her toy at 5:00 am. Sunday it was really hot out of nowhere and she had a hard time outside. Was very slow. Last night I came home from work and she just wanted to sleep on her new bed in the living room. She acted very tired very early after dinner. Again not normal pattern. Then this morning she did the exact opposite and I had to wake HER up at 5:45am, she was sound asleep.

We have had the door open and they have been watching their "DOG TV" as I call it. They love to watch out the door. Hubby thinks Koko peed in the living room out of excitement over seeing stuff. It is all new for them with the trees down. But then why was Zoe up chewing in the den at 5:00 instead of waking me up? Then she hurt her paw the other night and had been limping for a few days. It is better today.

Maybe it is the weather change and all the new todo on the road. Koko gets all worked up. It is just strange. She is just strange and not doing her normal stuff.

Love,
    Addy

Hi Addy-
    Maybe Zoe is being affected by the seasonal change. I don't think Zoe knows how to read time, so she has to go on whether or not it's getting lighter or darker outside. I can understand the tired feelings.I would just keep an eye on her and not worry too much at this point. It all just sounds like the benefits for Zoe of not having to run your life by a clock.

Love,
    Susan

Dear Addy
    Sometimes I feel what would not bother me before Cushing's if Apollo did something different , it would not bother me so much. Just take your clue from Zoe. You know her better then anyone else. And see if things go back to normal.
    Hugs Sonja and Apollo

Thank you guys. I guess it just started my twitcher going BIG TIME.

That and to many outside stressors happening again. Too many birthdays including those who ae no longer here with me.

So then when a dog does something for 14 months EVERY DAY and thens stops? Well, I jump to: BRAIN TUMOR, OMG

Maybe it was the unexpected warm spell. It is freezing cold again and she was perfectly normal this morning, waking me up.

Love,
    Addy

Happy Birthday Miss Zoe!!!
    Marie, My Angel Girl Maddie, and Now Miss Ella

Thank you Marie. Miss Zoe is back to her normal schedule since the cold weather returned. Her tail is really, really bad though.

I will call the IMS to see what we have to do for starting her maintenance dose of lysodren. I don't think we have time to change her food. It will take too long.

I cut back her raw by 1/2 ounce per day. I have my Zeal trial sizes but I don't think we'll get that far. I'll see what IMS thinks about it.

Have a wonderful Sunday!!!! Lick-a-dee Splits. Ice cream banana split like treats for dogs. Think about it

LOVE,

Addy, Koko and the Birthday Girl