Feel better Addy
    Love from,

Melissa, Angel Rebel, Angel Sadie & Sammie

Default Re: My Zoe, Lhasa Apso, diagnosed with Cushing's

Hope you feel better.
    Sonja and Apollo

Addy-
    I'm sorry you're under the weather. I hope a weekend is just what you need!
    Love,
    Sus

Thanks guys, I think it is the start of another sinus infection.

OMG you will never guess but I was just reading our Humane Society newsletter and Pat Miller, the positive dog trainer, is coming to speak in February. OMG, I have her book. I love Pat Miller and Jean Donaldson.

Oh, I want to go SOOOOOOOO badly. I have a million questions. I just want to shake her hand too. I am so excited I had to tell someone who would understand. I am sure someone out there will.

I have to work on this one.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

love,
    addy

Hi Addy,

Thanks for getting back to me, and sorry you are not feeling well yourself. I would highly recommend the Neti Pot for sinuses since my husband has been using his for many years effectively, but since Melissa heard there was a incident linked to using the Neti pot, I wont be recommending it any longer....

Feel better real soon.

xo Jeanette

Here is one of the reports on Neti Pots causing infections and death.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellnes...ry?id=15170230

I am not familiar with these pots or how they are supposed to be used but here is some info about the infections you can check out.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

It's very ironic that somebody is talking about a net pot on the forum. I've been sick with a killer cold and had a train buddy recommend a neti pot to me. Huh? A neti what? I'm a poultice slathered with Vicks on your neck and chest kinda a gal but I figured maybe I should try something else so I looked it up. Thank goodness the internet finds stuff for you even if you butcher the spelling. It is not neddy or netty but rather "neti" pot. How can so many people know about something that I never heard of? Apparently, I've lived a sheltered life for the last 60 years. The reviews were great so I'm going to pick up a neti pot today. I did run across the recent information on two people who died after using tap water in the neti pot. Who would have thought that you are fine if you drink little bacteria buggers in tap water but they can kill you if you flush the tap water up your nose.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellnes...0#.TxGR-5jt6ME

Make sure you use sterile, distilled or boiled tap water in your neti pot and you'll be fine.

I've had sinus infections for years, even had my sinuses operated on. Went to a allergist and had all the pin pricks done (ouch) and found out I am allergic to mold and dogs!

The allergist recommended a sinus rinse made by neil med. I have been using this for over 10 years and it is wonderful. I use the bottle and not the neti pot...Here is a link for those interested: http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse.php

Wow lots of good tips here > I do rinse with saline spray BID but not until it comes out my other nostril I have to hold my nose even in the pool if I go underwater My allergy Beconase nasal spray says it causes frequent infections. I am allergic to mold grass and feathers. I think I am too big of a wimp for the netty pot

But guys, isn't it cool about Pat Miller? Did you guys miss that part?

Huh? Who's Pat Miller?
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.