Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrangell Boy

Default Wrangell Boy

My handsome boy, I miss you every day. It has been almost two months, but still feels like yesterday. Everything happened so fast and unexpectedly. You were so tough, but always so gentle. I miss your funny antics and goofy grin. I miss your hugs and your big furry paws. There is nothing quite like a Wrangell hug or a 100 pound furry snuggler on my lap every night. On car rides I feel you over my shoulder. Your perch on the porch, where you watched over your kingdom awaits.

I waited 20 years for you - and yet you were more than I could have ever hoped for. I read this poem, and thought of you. I love you Bubba, always and forever.

So this is where we part, My friend.
    And you'll run on, around the bend.
    Gone from sight, but not from mind,
    New pleasures there, you'll surely find.

I will go on; I'll find the strength.
    Life measures quality, not its length.
    One long embrace before you leave.
    Share one last look, before I grieve.

There may be others, that much is true.
    But they be they, and they aren't you.
    And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought,
    Will remember well, all you taught.

Your place I'll hold, I'll surely miss,
    The fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.
    And as you journey to your final rest,
    Take with you this... I loved you best.
    Hillary ~ Shelby & Wrangell's Mom

Default Re: Wrangell Boy

I lost my boy in November and when I read your poem the tears welled up. Our fur babies are so missed and I grieve with you.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Oh, This is truly such a beautiful and touching poem. Thank you so much for sharing it with us all. Also, I am so glad you have dedicated a thread here to your sweet Wrangell. If it is OK with you, we would like to also add Wrangell to our special memorial list as an honorary Cushpup.

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5973

If you will tell me the date of his passing, I will go right ahead and add him. Also, if you would like a photo link posted, you can either upload the photo of your choice to your album here for us to copy, or you can send us a photo directly: k9cushings@gmail.com. We will take care of everything from there.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is clear that the two of you were such loving companions. Thank you so much for allowing us to join you in honoring your sweet boy.

Marianne

Thank you so much ~ I will send you his picture.

Today marks 2 months since we said goodbye ~ I love you Bubba, I think about you every day. I'm missing your big boy hug right now.

You lost Wrangell Boy a day after I lost mine. How are you doing now? I can't say I'm any better, guess I get things accomplished, but the least little thing will set me off when I least expect it. Another dog, a commercial, cooking something, just all sorts of things that pop up has me in tears. Even coming on here can do a number on me. What a heartache isn't it?
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

I am trying... some days are better than others, for sure. Wrangell died of lymph node cancer - it happened very fast. Within 2 weeks we were saying goodbye He was 10 years and 9 months to the day. It was definitely shock when he got sick. It has been hard to comprehend and accept.

Now my Shelby has cushings, and she has required a lot of my effort and focus, which has kept me from thinking about my Wrangell all the time.

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read your thread on Keesh - how long was he sick?

Keesh was misdiagnosed with Cushings by his vet of over 10 years and the veterinary college concurred. The meds almost killed him and if it wasn't for the people on this forum... chances are he would have been dead a full 1 1/2 yrs earlier then when he died. He wasn't sick when he died, I took him to a new vet shortly after I moved to my new home in November and because he could no longer have hydrotherapy due to distance now that I was... it was recommended to have acupuncture and especially would help if he had any inside bowel accidents. After the first session of acupuncture his bowels let loose and got even worse after the second session. He would be mortified but because of his weakness in his legs he couldn't get up to go to the door. I had a harness to pull him up. He did fine on rugs, but couldn't get up on a slippery floor. Attitude, appetite, eyesight were all good, but his bowels were now shot. I made the decision to put down a healthy dog that in hindsight I believe the vets literally destroyed him physically. Read the last few parts of my thread and you can tell just what kind of a jerk this last vet was I had. He was 15 yrs and 3 months and the best thing that ever happened to me. I miss him terribly. I just got over a marriage break up, selling my house which I designed, sold part of my business out of necessity then had to move to this small town of strangers, so losing my boy was the very last straw and I think that is the reason why I am taking this so hard.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Oh Wrangell boy, I found myself really missing you today. My eyes welled up uncontrollably several times today.

This week has been the first of your papa being out of town and me home alone with Shelby and you not with us. Every night papa was gone, you would sleep in bed with me - you would lay in his spot and let me wrap my arm around you all night long, never moving. Now the bed is empty.

You were always on extra alert, because you knew you were my man of the house. Your perch on the porch is empty.

I just finished the last part of your final resting place. The urn papa built for you sits beautifully next to your picture on the runner I made of your old scarfs.

My heart aches for you Bubba ~ your warmth, your snuggles, your love.

Mama loves you and misses you dearly

Happy Birthday handsome boy. Today you would have turned 11. Instead, it marks 3 months since we said goodbye.

I can feel you here, I can still feel your love. I think of you and miss you every day.

I love you Wrangell Boy ~ Mama loves you always and forever