Thread: Rhodiola Rosea (aka Goldenroot)

Default Rhodiola Rosea (aka Goldenroot)

Rhodiola Rosea info at the link here....has anyone had any experience with this? It is remarkable what you find out there when you google "reduce cortisol"...there are some diet preps out there that make claims of reducing it by 30% or more....just curious if any homeopathic treaters are using/have tried this herb for their pups.

http://www.gaiaherbs.com/pdf_files/R...d%20012308.pdf

Jeff

Default Re: Rhodiola Rosea (aka Goldenroot)

Hi Jeff,

Interesting reading, but I have some reservations about using this for dogs, or humans for that matter.

One, the studies done for this paper were conducted in 1986 and 2002 but I find no mention of any of the ingredients, the Rhodiola Rosea root itself or Goldenroot in my books, including the 2003 edition of the Manual of Natural Veterinary Medicine, Science and Tradition by Susan G. Wynne, DVM and Steve Marsden, DVM.

For another the studies were presumably conducted on humans, not dogs. Even if what the paper says holds true for us, that does not mean it will carry over to any other species. Canine and human physiology are vastly different.

And, I'm just naturally suspect of products like this hawked on the web. I would need to see a whole lot more information from some trusted sources before I would even consider giving this to Squirt. But that's just me.

Why do you consider this to be a homeopathic treatment?

Hugs,
    Leslie and the girls
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hey Jeff,

I looked at Mountain Rose Herbs and found some info on Rhodiola rosea there. Here is the link:

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/new...ber/adapt.html

Hugs,
    Leslie and the girls
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I came across it during my "anti-cortisol" search on the web...it is supposed to combat hormonal stress.....you can find it at many sites/places selling vitamins and herbs. Seems like people can take it....not sure how it would work (or if it would work) for canines...but this was a new one I had not seen before.

Jeff