Thread: Pebbles I am honored to have loved you!

Default Pebbles I am honored to have loved you!

I thought I would post this as I lost Pebbles 10/22/08. She is missed terribly!!!! So here it is. I imagine this will bring tears to your eyes as it does to me even worse!!

It took so long for me to write I started writing this many many times Tears would stream down my eyes and I just couldn't finish it. They are streaming now but I know that I have to do this for Pebbles

I was fortunate enough to have Pebbles for 10 1/2 years. She was a laid back dog Only barking a people she didn't like. Huskies don't generally bark they howl. She loved to go camping with us. She loved to swim Couldn't get her out of the water. She swam like a fish. I named her from the cartoon The Flintstones.I had found her mother "Snowy" in the front of my house. Snowy had seven pups I birthed all seven. Pebbles came out first She was blue. We quickly rubbed her chest and her color changed, I decided to keep her as I was worried about her being sick and kept her sister Jasmine. They were inseparable.We then added more to the clan and ended up with 6 dogs ,3 cats and a bird!

I miss her really badly.I miss the howls of joy,the belly rubs that she loved. I miss all of the time I freaked because she ate something she wasn't supposed to. I miss the home testing,the curves, feeding her and just watching her feel so much better in the past year or so than she ever did..

I would almost cry when she would chase a squirrel and trot around the yard like she was all that. In my eyes she WAS ALL THAT. We went on our 6:30 am walks. God she loved to walk and wait for the pieces of milkbones that I would give her. Her head would turn as she walked. She knew that once we passed a certain house that there were no more pieces and that she would have to strut her stuff. I still can't walk down those streets. It hurts too bad.

I miss the nights when I would put her in front of a fan in my bedroom because she liked the cool air. I ( every night) would kiss her on the nose and lips. I would say " Night Night I love you" This was a ritual that I did over and over again As a matter of fact all the dogs got my kisses and were told the same. I read all of these posts from you all. I wish Pebbles was here. I wish I could inject her!! I feel for ya'll that one day you will be in my shoes. I don't wish this on any of you.

Pebbles was a sweet dog. She was my life as I had to take care of her. It was my duty to give her the best possible care in the world. To take her to the finest Dr's whom I owe a lot to. All of those e mails to Dr Stone and Dr Bostrom atTexas A & M. I cannot erase them.It is knowledge that I have gained.
    Trying to manage hypothyroidism,cushings and diabetes was hard. I did what any person that truly loved their animal would do. I did it I gave it 150% of my life and time. I did it for my Sweet Pebbles.Would do it again in a heartbeat. People would say I was nuts to spend all that money on her Nuts to have all of the testing. "Put her down they would say" She wasn't just a dog she was MY DOG!!! A dog that was deserving to have a better quality of life A dog that wasn't ready to die at first diagnosis.. I am so honored to have her in my life. I know that I did the right thing in putting her to rest. I did this because I loved her. She knew that. It was the hardest thing I ever have done.Our bond was special It was strong . I could not let her suffer any longer. The macro adenoma was large. I hope that she is in heaven and that she is happy. I hope that she knows how special she really was and how much her Mommy loved her. I am honored to have sacrificed a part of my life for her. Pebbles I say this one more time " Night Night I love you"
    Mommy

Default Re: Pebbles I am honored to have loved you!

Marianne, I am so touched to see your beautiful tribute to Pebbles posted once again! And you are SO right, the tears are flowing now, just as they did when you first honored Pebbles so lovingly...

Thank you so much for giving us the privilege and opportunity to remember and cherish Pebbles here, amongst all her Cushfamily.

Many, many (((hugs))) to you ~ today and always ~ in loving memory of your precious girl,
    The "other" Marianne

Marianne,
    Once again you have brought tears to my eyes. You say you are honored to have loved Pebbles but I also think Pebbles was lucky to have you.
    Jenny

Marianne,

Thank you also for sharing your story about Pebbles with us, it also brought many tears to my eyes.

With me being a new member here I did not get the honor of knowing your sweet Pebbles, but reading your beautiful tribute, I now have...you two did, indeed, have a very special and loving bond.

Hugs to you.
    Lori

I'm totally not crying. Really! ;-)

That was a beautiful tribute to a wonderful dog. I'm sure she knew how much you loved her. A well loved dog always knows it - you can see it in there eyes.

I know we never get over our babies that we love so much. I pity those that think they are 'just a dog' (or cat or horse etc). As much as it hurts to lose them, just think how sad life would have been without being touched by them.

Bettina

Thanks everybody,
    For all you newbies I gave Pebbles 150% of my time. She so deserved it. I did everything in my power to help her. Sadly with a macroadenoma she was too far gone.She has been gone 9 months already. I can't bear to even look at her medical records. I have so many questions to ask the IMS but just can't. The bond that you have with a dog that needed meds and injections is unbelievable. Looking back at all of this I would do it again "in a N.Y. minute"

Marianne,

What a beautiful tribute. It brought tears to my eyes.

Your sweet Pebbles knows you loved her and knew you did everything possible to save her. She is looking down at you from Dog Heaven. She wants you to be cherishing her memories. She is with our other precious babies we have lost.

If you haven't purchased the book "Dog Heaven" by Cynthia Rylant yet, please do. I have one and I know it by heart. I try to send one to each dear friend that loses a precious fluffer. They are so comforted by it. It is so precious, it actually makes you smile through your tears. It is illustrated for children, but made for adults as well. Everyone swears by it. Your little Pebbles is sharing ham sandwich biscuits with my fluffers right now. She can run endlessly and play with many friends. There are no homeless doggies in Dog Heaven. Pebbles goes round and round on her very own cloud every evening until she finds her perfect comfort spot. Every little cloud is carrying a precious angel. She is snoozing comfortably. Just remember that. Hang on to the memories. Cherish them. They are God's blessing.

Hugs to you dear friend,
    Heidi and the fluffers

Marianne,

I especially relate to members who have lost loved ones and repost their tribute on this new site. You and your Pebbles had a bond that so many of us understand and the loss of that special one in our lives is great. I hope it comforts you, as much as it does me, to have your tribute to her here, where it belongs. We cannot forget the memories that our pets' lives so deserve.

Lyn
    Lyn and Lucy (aka Boston Retriever 1/97-1/09)

Dear Marianne,

What a beautiful tribute to sweet precious Pebbles. I know you did everything humanly possible for her and I'm sure she knew that too. You never once let Pebbles down. She was lucky to have had you for her Mommy. Hugs to you dear friend.
    Luv,
    Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Marianne,

You had such a special bond with Pebbles and it seems not so long ago that you fought the battle so bravely with her. You are an inspiration as a doggie mommy and I wish you so much peace...

Love and hugs, Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie
    Basset hounds are like potato chips, you can't have just one!