Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trudy, newly diagnosed - Trudy has passed

Default Re: Trudy, newly diagnosed

I wanted to share that we let Trudy go today. We are almost certain she had cancer. We stopped the Vetoryl a week ago to see if there was improvement. Her appetite improved just a little bit, but she still didn't have much energy. I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not but she had a fast growing mass on her neck that was found less than two weeks ago. We tried to aspirate it and it was "inconclusive". We believe now it was cancer. We decided to let her go because we love her.

Thank you for your support. I will continue to pray for all the babies with cushings disease.

I am so, so sorry for your loss....
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Default Re: Trudy, newly diagnosed - Trudy has passed

I, too, am so deeply sorry. You’ve made the decision that is the most merciful for Trudy, but we know how much you must be hurting, yourself. We hope it may give you some comfort to know that Trudy has now joined our other angel babies on our memorial thread of honor:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/show...Left-Us-(2018)

We will always remember Trudy, and we’ll always remain here to offer our support to you in the days ahead. Please know that we’ll welcome you back at any time should you wish to talk, to share memories, or just to let us know how you’re doing. Trudy was a sweet brave girl, and we’re honored that she will remain a member of our family, always.

Marianne

Default Re: Trudy, newly diagnosed - Trudy has passed

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm new to this forum too but in the last few weeks I've found a lot of support and learned a lot here, thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Dear Sarah,

I am so sorry to hear about your precious baby girl. What you feel today is a pain I, and many others here, know only too well. Some people think we are weird or nuts because we grieve so deeply for an "animal". What they don't realize is those "animals" are our family, our children in many cases, and we hurt deep in our Souls because we love them just as we would family. When they have to leave this life the hole left behind in our Souls is vast. Every tear we shed is in honor of that love shared with our babies. So grieve as long as you need, in any way that you need to honor your baby girl, Trudy. And know you are not alone, ever. We are here any time you wish to talk, cry, vent, scream, whatever - we DO understand.

My deepest sympathy,
    Leslie

May I Go Now?

May I go now?
    Do you think the time is right?
    May I say goodbye to pain filled days
    and endless lonely nights?
    I've lived my life and done my best,
    an example tried to be.
    So can I take that step beyond
    and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first,
    I fought with all my might.
    But something seems to draw me now
    to a warm and loving light.
    I want to go
    I really do.
    It's difficult to stay.

But I will try as best I can
    to live just one more day.
    To give you time to care for me
    and share your love and fears.
    I know you're sad and afraid,
    because I see your tears.

I'll not be far,
    I promise that, and hope you'll always know
    that my spirit will be close to you
    wherever you may go.
    Thank you so for loving me.
    You know I love you too,
    that's why it's hard to say goodbye
    and end this life with you.

So hold me now just one more time
    and let me hear you say,
    because you care so much for me,
    you'll let me go today.

- Written for a beloved pet & friend, by Susan A. Jackson
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: Trudy's first ACHT results and question about Trilostane

Dear Sarah,

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious girl and my heart goes out to you and your family. Making the decision to set them free is most difficult but it is made from the deep love that we have for them. Please know we are here for you and do understand the pain you are feeling so if you should need to talk, vent, or want to share anything just come here and we will listen.

With Heartfelt Sympathy, Lori