Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I have some questions about Vetoryl and pregnancy,help me

Default Re: I have some questions about Vetoryl and pregnancy,help me

I’m guessing your vet is following the protocol that was used in this study which involved testing resting cortisol levels both pre-pill and also three hours after. There’s nothing at all wrong with this — it provides a bit more information than the pre-pill test alone. As the study says, if only one test is done, the pre-pill test appears to be the more accurate. But if your vet wants to test twice, that will provide even some additional insight into the action of the trilostane on your dog’s adrenal function.

https://veterinaryrecord.bmj.com/content/179/23/597

Marianne

I agree that there's nothing wrong with that but why perform the added poke and expense when it really isn't necessary.

I feel good now.thank you.our vet only takes the test costs and he makes lots of discounts to us,because we take care of lots of homeless animals too and also vetoryl is very expensive for us😐 im very happy to find this group and you!!!i feel relax when i talk with you,and learn lots of things.because no one in Turkey to talk about Cushing disease.lots of thanks and hugs.

Hi !her pre-pill result is 4,1 .our vet said its normal range.he wants us to go with same dosage 60mg.but mona is very lethargic and drinks little water,for example today after her dinner (she ate half of the meal) she went to the water bowl and waited ,she didnt drink.normally she drinks water after her meals.what can i do?stop the treatment for 7 days and then start with the same dosage? Or stop the treatment for 7 days and then start with decrease dosage? Im confused🙁 maybe she is lethargic for hypothyroid but why does her water consumption decrease😞 i will take her morning first urine and want my vet to test it.we can learn if she drinks enough water or not.what are your advices?

It definitely won't hurt to stop the Vetoryl to see if she perks up.

İm so desperate today!Turkish prescriptions dont be accepted by pharmacies or vets in aboard.we cant get the pills🙁 my girl is ill but i cant get the pills!what can i do?do you have solutions?do you know someonen who can help me to get the pills?🙁

Is there a reputable compounding pharmacy where you live that can compound the Trilostane? Many of our members use the online compounding pharmacy, Diamondback Drugs, maybe you could contact them and see if they can do it: 1-866-578-4420, their website: https://www.diamondbackdrugs.com/

If you have no options at all in Turkey, do you have friends in any neighboring country where Vetoryl or compounded trilostane is available? If so, they might be able to act as an intermediary for you. If your vet faxes a copy of a valid prescription and his/her vet license to the pharmacist in that country, the pharmacist may be willing to supply the medication to you “in care of” your friend’s address. In turn, your friend could then mail in on to you. Might that work for you?

Diamondback dont ship to Turkey. We have friends in lots of countries,they try to buy vetoryl but pharmacies dont sell with Turkish Prescriptions,they want their countries prescriptions.do you know countries that sell the pills without prescriptions or accept Turkish prescriptions?

OK, this idea may not work, but are any of your friends pet-owners who have regular vets of their own? If so, maybe your vet could contact a friend’s vet in a country where Vetoryl is sold. After your vet confirms that your dog is genuinely a patient along with the need for the Vetoryl, maybe the friend’s vet would write a prescription for your dog, thus allowing your friend to buy it on your behalf to ship to you? Just trying to think of anything that might work...