Thread: Urine Cortisol/Creatinine Test

Default Urine Cortisol/Creatinine Test

Having spent $14000. over the past 2 years on 2 spinal operations I don't consider myself cheap when it comes to my dogs health. I was just wondering is $120.00 the going rate for a Cortisol/Creatinine Test ? If it is, then what ever it takes to keep them healthy.

Default Re: Urine Cortisol/Creatinine Test

Hello and welcome to you and your dog! I’m sorry that I don’t know the typical cost of a UC:CR, but that does sound awfully steep if that’s the only analysis that is being done on the urine. Is the vet also checking for other urine abnormalities as well (infection, presence of blood or protein, specific gravity of the urine, etc.)? If so, a full urinalysis including UC:CR could probably cost that much. But I’ll let other folks with direct experience as to the cost of that test chime in.

In the meantime, can you tell us more about your dog’s overall health history, as well as the symptoms that are prompting the testing? It sounds as though you’ve both already been through quite a lot in terms of the spinal surgery, so I’m sure sorry that you’ve got another major worry to be dealing with!

Once again, welcome, and we’ll look forward to learning more about your dog and also any additional questions that you may have about the diagnostic process.

Marianne

Default Re: Urine Cortisol/Creatinine Test

Hello, I'm in Canada and that seems steep to me too. I paid in that range for full urinalyisis with culture.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)