Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Spencer, Chihuahua just starting treatment

Default Re: Spencer, Chihuahua just starting treatment

Thank you! I really have no excuses for what’s going on. And not trying to make excuses but I do know she knew that money was a factor for us, so maybe that’s why she’s doing it. Either way, I stopped it for now. We’ll just play it by ear and see how he does for now. I just don’t want my little fella to be in a fog the rest of his life. I just want him to be comfy and happy!

I totally understand that! We’ll all keep our fingers crossed that your sweet little guy starts acting perkier very, very soon!

Marianne

Thank y’all so much!! I sure hope so!! And by the way... my vet told me in the very beginning to get on this forum. She said you guys knew way more about Cushings than she’ll ever know. She told me to trust y’all!! Thanks so much for making me feel better and helping me with my decision!! I’ll keep y’all posted!

Oh and one more thing ... any idea how long it’ll take for the medication to get out of his system?
    Last edited by Melsteele; 07-10-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Well, gosh, now I feel really crummy about criticizing her :-(((((. And who knows, maybe there’s more that went on behind the scenes that I’m totally missing. I sure ain’t perfect, myself ;-).

The bottom line is that we all want Spencer to feel his very best. So please do keep updating us or else we’ll be worrying about you guys!

P.S. As far as how long it will take, the actual active life of the chemical in the body is very short, like less than 24 hours. But effects of the medication on Spencer’s adrenal function and/or blood chemistries can take longer to rebound from, and just depend on each individual dog. So that’s one reason why I hope you’ll keep updating us, so that we can still offer our support as things continue to unfold for you guys.

Aww! Don’t feel crummy! It’s ok! I just thank you so much for everything!! And yes, I want him to feel his best!! I’ll definitely keep you posted! You guys are great and I’m very thankful for you!! And thanks for the input on how long it’ll take to get out of his system! At least that’ll give me an idea so I can see how quickly he improves.

If he doesn't seem to perk up after tomorrow I recommend having a full ACTH stimulation test performed just to make sure his cortisol hasn't dropped too low and needs steroid supplementation.

Ok! Thank you!! Will definitely keep a close eye on things!!

Yes, I have been lurking aound her for more than five years. Rest assured that the members here do indeed know what they are talking about. Some are avid researchers. All are extremly experienced and knowledgable when it comes to everything Cushings. They have lived it with their own babies. Some have had more than one Cush dog. The support and information available here is invaluable. I personally will never know as much about Cushings as many of our members, but that is okay. Everyone contributes what they can. That way we all continue to learn and grow together as a family.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsteele View Post
    my vet told me in the very beginning to get on this forum. She said you guys knew way more about Cushings than she’ll ever know. She told me to trust y’all!!
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 07-11-2018 at 09:45 PM.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Well I’m so thankful all of y’all have done your research! So glad I was told about you all!