Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gus - Recent diagnosis

Default Re: Recent diagnosis

Way to go, Gus! Eat your food, buddy... it'll give you more energy and make you feel better!
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

If they will let you try bringing something from home that smells good. I realize he will need to be on kidney friendly food but right now kick-starting the appetite is seems it would be more important. So try some chicken broth, plain no seasonings at all, with a little rice or pasta in it. Or some tuna water to pour over the food they want him to eat there. Parmesan cheese sprinkled over the vet food may work. Something stinky that will get his digestive juices started beginning in the nose then mouth with saliva.

I SOOOO hope today is even better and tomorrow the best yet! Keep up the good work, Gus! You can do this!!!

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Good Morning All

Here is an update on Gus. His kidney values continue to rise slowly. He will not eat or drink although he does show interest. The hospital he is at does not have the means to put a tube down him to feed him. So, we moved him to Cornell University. They have the means to test the reasons why, the underlying causes.

The ride up dehydrated him again. When he got sick on Tuesday, some of his vomit went into his lungs. So, they were concerned about that. So, last night they called us and they calmed him down, put him in the oxygen port which is climate controlled. They hooked him up and was giving him his meds and fluids and they put a tube down his nose so they can start feeding him - very slowly.

He goes to internal medicine today for all types of tests and ultra sounds.

HE's a fighter. Yesterday before we took him up to Cornell, he was walking in the Comfort Room we were in. He was peeing on his own. We briefly brought him home so I could gather financial info for Cornell and he walked around the yard sniffing and peeing.

Please pray. Please send energy if you can. He can use it all.

Thank you all so very much.

Linda

My thoughts and prayers remain with Gus, you and his medical team. I so hope Cornell can find the cause(s) and offer a viable solution to bring Gus relief and recovery so he can return home. I know he was thrilled to be able to have a good sniff of his familiar territory.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

i do hope Cornell can find the underlying cause of Gus's issue so that he can get better. What a fighter he is and you are for him. Come on Gus!!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Continued prayers for you and Gus, sending positive and healing energy with loving hugs.

Hi All

Thank you, your prayers have been a great help.

I know its been a few days but we have been driving to see our baby.
    They took Gus out of the Oxygen tank yesterday. He's breathing well on his own.
    He's eating and drinking water. He is also very nosy at what they are doing. He is also walking some as well.

They have done blood work today but we do not have the results as of yet. We are going up tonight to see him so I think they will go over that with us. The day before yesterday his kidney values were going in the right direction. They did not do blood work on him yesterday.

The next order of business is to get him eating regularly so they can see how much insulin 2x a day he will need.

He has an ulcer in his eye they are working on, then of course his going to the bathroom will be an issue. He does not want to go in the place he sleeps.

I will keep you all posted.

Thank you again for the prayers.
    Linda

I am so glad he was breathing well out of the tank!! That is great news! I pray his appetite comes roaring back very soon and he is cleared to come home.
    Hugs,
    Leslie

One day at a time. So glad there is some improvement. Long may that continue!
    Come on Gus you have a cheering section.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Continuing prayers and well wishes for you, and for Gus!
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha