Thread: AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE & LYMPHOMA - Posting for a friend

Default AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE & LYMPHOMA - Posting for a friend

Hi ALL,

I am an old member here, and have not posted in quite a while as some of my old friends here know we released our girl 4 years ago.

I came here today to post for a dear friend, also an old member of this wonderful forum (Pennysmom - Cindy).

Her 5 year old dog Bailey, was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, and in May, 2017 was also dx’d with lymphoma. :-(. She had been in remission but Platelets started to drop so they started her on mild chemo and took prednisone to raise her platelets which were at 10,000. No drastic change tho, but her platelets were 275,000 3 weeks ago and today at her recheck they are at 15,000.

She asked me to please reach out to anyone who has had any experience with autoimmune and/or lymphoma who can possibly provide any comments whatsoever. Drs. are not saying what is next. She is heartbroken and is exploring all avenues with this. Thank you to anyone who wishes to reply. Appreciate it.
    Jeanette (mypuppy).

Default Re: AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE & LYMPHOMA - Posting for a friend

Hello sweet lady!

I took the liberty of moving the post about our sweet Bailey to the Everything Else section where it is more likely to be seen and replied to. I wish I had some info to share but hopefully others will be along soon with some insights for Cindy.

Please tell her she is missed and often thought of....I have wondered about her often and how she was doing.

Hugs-n-love,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt's Mom View Post
    Hello sweet lady!

I took the liberty of moving the post about our sweet Bailey to the Everything Else section where it is more likely to be seen and replied to. I wish I had some info to share but hopefully others will be along soon with some insights for Cindy.

Please tell her she is missed and often thought of....I have wondered about her often and how she was doing.

Hugs-n-love,
    Leslie
    Thank you so much sweet Leslie. Will pass on your love to Cindy. Shes hanging in. Hadnt been easy and now this with her Bailey is breaking her heart. Love you doll. Hope you are recovering over there. <3

Hi Jeanette! Of course we remember our dear Cindy, and how happy we were for her when Bailey came to help heal her heart. I am so deeply sorry that Bailey is now ill, too. Life just ain’t fair!!!!

I’ll try to help brainstorm some more, but in the meantime, here’s a link to a 2014 thread where suggestions were offered to a new member facing both Cushing’s and lymphoma. Of special interest are some posts by two of our members who had personal experience with lymphoma in their dogs: Debbie and Bettina. I know Bailey doesn’t have Cushing’s, but I think the lymphoma info may be helpful, regardless.

Neither Debbie nor Bettina have been here in quite some time, but I’m going to try to contact them to see if they might be available to stop by and offer help to Cindy. You’ll see that Bettina included a link to a Facebook lymphoma group — I’m not registered on Facebook so I can’t see if the group is still active. But that may be one resource that Cindy could try first of all.

So here’s the link: http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/show...s-and-lymphoma

Please tell Cindy we’re here for her any time she might feel like writing. And please pass on some of those amazing tight hugs that are your own special gift.

Love ya, girl!
    Marianne

Quote Originally Posted by labblab View Post
    Hi Jeanette! Of course we remember our dear Cindy, and how happy we were for her when Bailey came to help heal her heart. I am so deeply sorry that Bailey is now ill, too. Life just ain’t fair!!!!

I’ll try to help brainstorm some more, but in the meantime, here’s a link to a 2014 thread where suggestions were offered to a new member facing both Cushing’s and lymphoma. Of special interest are some posts by two of our members who had personal experience with lymphoma in their dogs: Debbie and Bettina. I know Bailey doesn’t have Cushing’s, but I think the lymphoma info may be helpful, regardless.

Neither Debbie nor Bettina have been here in quite some time, but I’m going to try to contact them to see if they might be available to stop by and offer help to Cindy. You’ll see that Bettina included a link to a Facebook lymphoma group — I’m not registered on Facebook so I can’t see if the group is still active. But that may be one resource that Cindy could try first of all.

So here’s the link: http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/show...s-and-lymphoma

Please tell Cindy we’re here for her any time she might feel like writing. And please pass on some of those amazing tight hugs that are your own special gift.

Love ya, girl!
    Marianne
    Marianne,
    How very nice to get your reply. Some things just never change. Your posts always filled me with hope and love. Here you are always willing and able to provide any help. Thank you, thank you so much. I will definitely pass on the info to sweet Cindy. She is so overwhelmed right now. She will appreciate this. Glad you are doing well, and going strong on the forum. The forum certainly needs you. Love you dearly. Many many tight ones for sure! OOOOOO
    <3<3<3

Jeanette! Oh no, how horrible to hear of Cindy's dear Bailey now being ill. As Marianne said, totally unfair.

Okay, there are two canine lymphoma groups, both are active on facebook. I'm adding links to both. I highly encourage Cindy or yourself to join one or both of them.

87 new posts today in this one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9119...131/?ref=br_rs

59 new posts today in this one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/321330851371111/about/

Give Cindy our love and our best wishes for both her and Bailey.

hugs !
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by molly muffin View Post
    Jeanette! Oh no, how horrible to hear of Cindy's dear Bailey now being ill. As Marianne said, totally unfair.

Okay, there are two canine lymphoma groups, both are active on facebook. I'm adding links to both. I highly encourage Cindy or yourself to join one or both of them.

87 new posts today in this one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9119...131/?ref=br_rs

59 new posts today in this one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/321330851371111/about/

Give Cindy our love and our best wishes for both her and Bailey.

hugs !
    Hello Sharlene,

How are you doll? I have forwarded your comments and links to our Cindy. I am sure there must be something helpful or hopeful there. She is taking Bailey to a second opinion at Tufts at the end of the month in the hope there is more they can do for Bailey. One can only pray and hope that is the case.

Thank you for reaching out Sharlene. Ive missed everyone here. All very dear to my heart even though I am not an active member.

Hope you are well and loving life!

Luv ya. Tight ones OOOOO
    Jeanette :-)