Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nimby newly diagnosed/CBD oil and Vetory - Nimby has passed

Default Re: Nimby newly diagnosed

Nimby’s dose was decreased as the vet suspect that the medication may be causing side affects of the aggressive tendencies. Although it hasn’t improved, I prefer him bring on a lower dose as there hasn’t been any changes in his health/symptoms since decreasing it.
    The CBD oil was recommended by a trainer/behaviourist bc of his anxiety/aggression. He was prescribed Trazadone from the vet but I would prefer keeping his pharmaceutical use to as little as I can (he’s also on a puffer for doggy asthma/copd)
    Thank you! .

Aggression can be a symptom of hypothyroidism. Have the thyroid levels been checked?

I thought the same thing. I believe they were but I have to look it up again.

It’s with a very heavy heart to say that my beautiful boy, Nimby, passed away yesterday. He had slowed down significantly and was eating very little. His liver was failing and he became jaundice. It was time to help my beautiful boy cross over to THE Rainbow Bridge.
    Thank you all for your support over the last few months. It was very comforting.
    Erin
    PS: we hadn’t even tried the CBD oil

Dear Erin,

I am just so sorry to hear about your sweet Nimby. We are never ready to let them go no matter what but I am sure Nimby is so grateful to you for sparing him any suffering. One of our members said that we take their pain so they can be free. No greater love..... Today, your precious baby boy is watching over you just as you watched over him so many years. He will carry the love you share in his heart until you are reunited once again.

Please feel free to open a thread in the In Loving Memory section when you are ready. We would be honored to help celebrate his life with you. Nimby's name has been added to the 2018 thread for pups who have passed this year. We would love to add a photo to that album if that is something you would like. If so, please send a copy of your favorite pic to k9cushings@gmail.com and we will take care of that for you.

Know we are here anytime you want to talk, cry, scream, vent, whatever. We DO understand and we are here for you.
    My deepest sympathy,
    Leslie

My Friend, My Companion, My Pet

C’mon, old friend, the time has come
    For you to finally rest.
    You’ve given me your finest years
    And I feel truly blessed.
    We’ve walked many trails together
    The best of times we’ve known
    And now your aging body aches
    And I must let you go.

You’ve taught me things I want to know
    How to love, to share, to give,
    To play, to laugh, and most of all
    How wonderful it is to live,
    And perhaps the most important thing-
    How to graciously let go.

Good-bye, old friend, we’ve shared it all-
    Our youth, our aging years
    The best of times, and some hard times…
    I’ve shed my share of tears
    Worrying about you, watching you,
    Fearing when we’d part
    And now old friend, the time has come.
    You know you take my heart.

I’ll miss you every moment
    My heart hurts so inside
    But you’ve suffered much too long, my friend
    And that I can’t abide.

I pet you, gently hugging you.
    I hear you softly moan.
    You must depart,
    You take my heart,
    But you must go alone.

I’ll hold you in my arms, my friend
    And my tears will wet your fur.
    And you’ll know I’ll always love you
    Our loyal bond endures. . .

by Christina
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: Nimby newly diagnosed - Nimby has passed

I am so very sorry to learn of your loss of precious Nimby, but thank you so much for returning to let us know. This way, we can join you in honoring his life and all that he’s meant to you. We hope it may bring you a small measure of comfort to know that Nimby has now joined our other angel babies on our special memorial thread of honor:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/show...Left-Us-(2018)

Please know that we’ll always be here to welcome you back should you wish to tell us more about your sweet boy, or to talk to us about how you’re doing. We truly understand how much Nimby’s life, and also his passing, matters to you and all those who loved him dearly.

Sending many hugs to you from across the miles,
    Marianne

Default Re: Nimby newly diagnosed/CBD oil and Vetory - Nimby has passed

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. It is never easy losing our babies. Many, many hugs to you.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.