Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reese, 8 y/o Chihuahua — starting trilostane (Reese has passed)

Default Re: Reese, 8 y/o Chihuahua — starting trilostane

The vet initially saw Reese for eye ulcers, from the inside of the eye, over a year and half ago. She gave him a series of several steroid eye drops for a year, then he started to exhibit other symptoms. He had x-rays of his liver and intestines, that showed an enlarged liver, and thickening of the intestinal wall lining. Then about the end of August, he looked like he had a reaction to a bee sting. I had given him Benadryl, but the swelling continued until a chunk of hair came out. I took him into an emergency vet hospital and they gave him a long lasting allergy shot, and steroid shot. Then the hair started coming out in clumps and leaving behind unusual scar tissue. I had suspected Cushing's before this event, and I had to wait until the long lasting steroid was out of his system to get him tested for Cushing's. The test came back positive and he was put on Trilostane. His symptoms were extreme thirst, aggressive eating, pot belly, hard time breathing, lethargy, depression, increased urine, darkening of the skin, liver spots, thin skin almost scale like, black spots that looked like ingrown hair, behavior changes turned from super friendly to snappy, on top of allergy symptoms. Each new symptom made me start to search for suspected problems. Some of the symptoms mimicked side effects of the steroids, but others were more obvious that something else was going on. His pads smelled of Fritos (yeast), and I found out it was from the Kibble, so I took him off Kibble completely. I have tried to deal with the symptoms as they occurred but he kept getting worse. He couldn't hold his urine for even 5 minutes and was having accidents in the house. I'm sure I probably have missed stuff, but this has been going on for a while.

Default Re: Reese, 8 y/o Chihuahua — starting trilostane (Reese has passed)

Hello and welcome back to you. I’m so deeply sorry, though, to learn that you lost little Reese back in November. I saw that you had posted your memorial in lieu of a photo in your album, and I want you to know that sweet Reese has now joined our other angels on our special memorial thread:

https://www.k9cushings.com/forum/sho...Left-Us-(2020)

I know it’s been a while since you were here with us, and we so appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to join you now in honoring your dear little boy. If you’d ever care to tell us more about your experiences during these past couple of years, it would be our privilege to read about them. But either way, we so appreciate the fact that you took the time to stop back by again now to tell us about Reese.

Best wishes to you from all of us at K9C, always in loving memory of your angel boy.
    Marianne