Thread: Lost my old girl to Cushings this week

Default Lost my old girl to Cushings this week

Her name was Ginny. Until very recently she was a happy miniature poodle and besides her appetite, Cushings seemed fairly well controlled. The past year a cough got worse and worse. For awhile we could control it with oxycodone; but ultimately even that couldn't relieve her. When we finally moved to euthanasia, even after the sedative was given by injection and she was heavily sedated, her breathing was shallow and seemed retarded by short ineffective breaths. Does anyone else see this in Cushings? She was a week from age 15, had lifelong epilepsy and allergies to grass and spring pollen, hair thinning and a lot of growths on her skin. Thanks for being here. My heart hurts and this site really helps. All the best to all fellow Cushings Crusaders. Kim

Default Re: Lost my old girl to Cushings this week

Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet girl. It sounds like Ginny lived a very loved life. We are never ready to let them move on without us. You have come to the right place. We would love to honor Ginny as one of our Cushings Angels. She is very good company now. Many of our own pups have already flown to the rainbow bridge. They will watch out for her now. She will never be alone or in pain again. You however and just beginning the greiving process. Please feel free to drop in and chat as often as you like. We would love to know more about Ginny.

Kathy
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Oh Kim,

I, too, am so sorry for the loss of your sweet girl, Ginny, and my heart goes out to you at this horribly sad time. We would be so honored to add Ginny's name to our "In Loving Memory" Forum. We cannot ease your pain over losing her, but we can join you in honoring Ginny and celebrating all that she means to you. So if it would ever be a comfort to share more of her life's story with us, it would be our privilege to read anything you would care to write.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

With Heartfelt Sympathy, Lori

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard when you have to make that decision to let them go, even when you know it's time.

My precious teacup poodle, Lena, died one month short of her 15th birthday in the hospital. I wish I had let her go that night instead of hoping she would pull through the night, and been with her.

Many hugs to you...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Kim, I am terribly sorry you lost Ginny. I am sure she had a lifetime of love and affection from you. It's so difficult when they go....
    Jo