Friends, I have a big favor to ask. There is legislation on deck to help people like me who suffer with Lymphedema and/or Lipodema.

"Currently, Medicare, and consequently many other policies, do not cover one of the critical components of lymphedema treatment, the medically necessary doctor-prescribed compression supplies used daily in lymphedema treatment." My compression garments run from $200/pair to over $800/pair depending on where I get them...and they last at most 6 months.

"The Lymphedema Treatment Act (LTA) will improve coverage for the treatment of lymphedema from any cause by amending Medicare statute to allow for coverage of compression supplies. Although this legislation relates specifically to a change in Medicare law, it would set a precedent for Medicaid and private insurers to follow."

"This is a patient-driven, grassroots effort and our success depends on people just like you getting involved!" Friends, family, therapists, garment producers and others are also fueling and supporting this bill.

Please consult the resource materials provided in the link below to persuade your members of Congress to cosponsor this bill. The passage of this bill, Lymphedema Treatment Act (HR930/S497), will help me and millions of other sufferers of Lymphedema and Lipodema!

Please, email or call your Senators and Representatives asking them to support this critical legislation. It took less than one minute for me to send an email to Boozeman, Cotton, and Hill using the form provided.

Thank you so much for helping me and others!
Leslie

http://lymphedematreatmentact.org/