Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Yogi has crossed the Bridge - questions about Trilostane

Default Re: Seeking input - Trilostane no longer working

Hello,

Yogi passed tonight and is with the other angels. I'm heartbroken.

Thank you all for all of the support through this forum the past year and a half. Your kindness mattered so much to me. This forum gave me knowledge to give him every chance possible for a good life as long as he could. The last two weeks were even more of a rollercoaster than before. He did not have Addison's after the radiation, and it was most likely that the tumor had progressed. I believe that the prednisone helped keep the inflammation down, and gave him precious days and weeks. It was only the last week that he appeared to have more uncomfortable pain, which was intermittent, then became intense. I also believe that the radiation gave me a good 3 months with him I would not have had otherwise. Even with that - there was never enough time. It is that way with the angels we love.
    Last edited by AngieB; 02-25-2019 at 01:57 AM. Reason: adding word

There never is enough time with them. There never could be....I'm so sorry for your loss, Angie.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Dear Angie,

I sit here with tears rolling down my cheeks. You and your precious Yogi fought the good fight together and together you taught us all so much. Thru your journey we all came to love your precious baby boy and today we grieve with you over his passing. Even tho I firmly believe we will see our babies again one day it is these days between then and now that are so very hard for us. Because of just what you said - it is the way with the angels we love. In time, your tears that fall today will become less as the memories you cherish begin to bring smiles in their place and that spot in your heart where Yogi remains will forever be filled with his presence.

We are here anytime you need to talk, cry, scream, whatever. We DO understand.

My deepest sympathies,
    Leslie

World spinning out of grasp,
    out of reach, out of sight; you are gone.
    My heart, my head, my hands empty
    as your spot in my lap.
    Sightless eyes searched for you.
    Soundless voice whispered your name.
    Deaf ears listened for your breath.
    In a wild place the pain roared,
    burned white, and then waned to an ember.
    Shadows of the night closed in.

Now a half-luminous ray breaks through.
    Memories quicken, dreams take color,
    and I know that love never dies.
    Liberated from your temporal shell:
    you are not gone.
    I see your eyes glittering like faith
    in every refraction of sunlight.
    I hear your bark echoing like promise
    in the baying of the wind.
    I sense your presence rippling like energy
    in all the sweep of hopeful sky.
    I feel your love constant and warming like dawn
    in its old comfortable place in my soul.
    And I know -- as I always knew --
    That I gained much more than I lost.

Anne L. Taylor
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh Angie, I’m so sorry, too. On this first morning without your boy alongside you, I fear there are few words of comfort. It just hurts so much. But we’re so grateful that you’ve come here to let us know what has happened. Your K9C Family is holding both you and Yogi close to our hearts. And even though we’re physically separated, too, I hope you’ll somehow feel our hugs coming to you from across the miles.

You are a wonderful mom, and gave Yogi every chance for as many wonderful days and peaceful nights that were possible for him to enjoy. Most of all, you loved him dearly, and always will. There is no greater gift for man nor animal.

We’ll always remain here for you should you wish to return and talk about anything at all. And we’ll always join you in loving memory of your sweet boy.

Marianne