Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Syd

Default Re: Syd

Just had the latest acth result back for Syd, post result is 146, dechra happy to continue at present dose then retest later in November. Could anyone please advise what the lowest result would be before levels drop too low please.
    We are seeing quite a few improvements in his symptoms, drinking/peeing reduced, much livelier, he's still a greedy little git but then he always has been.

You don't want to see the post number under 2 ug/dl, which is 55.18 nmol/L.

Thank you.

Well the rollercoaster of Syd's Cushings continues, his latest acth result is 282, following the 146 in October after the increase to 60 mg.
    My vet has once again spoken to dechra and they don't want to increase the dose as I think she said his electrolytes are lower than they would like.
    We have to take a urine sample in on Friday, continue on the present dose and retest in a month when the vet will send an extra sample to another lab for more accurate testing.

Wow! What a rollercoaster, indeed... How is Syd doing in terms of obervable outward symptoms? Is he holding his own, or are they worsening again?

Marianne

He actually seems quite happy, still hungry and drinking too much, lost more hair on his underside, he's still quite active likes his walks, doesn't play as much as he used to and is pretty alert. I'm at a total loss with it all!

The vet did mention twice daily dosing yesterday but it was dismissed as his symptoms didn't get worse in the evening's, he does however drink a hell of a lot in the mornings, it has been suggested to me that twice a day and maintaining the vetoryl in his system, may be beneficial, I've just made an appointment to see the vet tomorrow as i have a few questions, does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this please.

Quote Originally Posted by Alipot View Post
    My vet has once again spoken to dechra and they don't want to increase the dose as I think she said his electrolytes are lower than they would like.
    What were his electrolyte levels, mainly the potassium and sodium?

Won't know until tomorrow when I see vet.

Hello, Just wanted to check in and see how Syd is doing.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)