Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Default Re: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Thanks Marianne. It's definitely hectic this week. Doesn't help that it is a short week after a holiday monday and that my tuesday at work was nonstop busy. On the other hand, hockey last night was great! I'm learning to embrace my Canadian sport. LOL Daniel said he was proud of me and had a tear in his eye as a guy passing in front of us, stepped on my toe, and I said, ouch, oh, sorry. He said i apologized like a true canadian. hahahahahah
    But how cool, over time and our team won! Pretty exciting stuff.

I have realized that today is my day to pack for vacation as no time tomorrow or friday. (panic attack sets in!!!)

It'll be good just to get away for a bit. Things are still not settled for MIL living arrangements. She might now wait for an apartment at the senior residence she is currently at. She found that after all, she does enjoy the social aspects of living there and has made friends. So I'm glad that we waited it out her moving in here, as that wouldn't have happened if she hadn't been forced to be there and we sure feel better knowing she would be somewhere within a call of help if needed and still right up the road and walking distance from us. whew. cross fingers she goes with that and apartment comes available sooner than later.

Okay must run, will try to check in as I can. Cause you know, it's hard not to. Too many things going on here on the forum too. Just worry about you all if not able to see whats happening. LOL OCD much?
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Enjoy your vacation, Sharlene! As Marianne said, that resorts looks wonderful. I'm almost jealous... but you deserve it, and I'll have my vacation soon enough (ok maybe not soon enough, but eventually!).

As most (all?) of you know, my oldest is in college though close enough that he often comes home on the weekend, and sometimes during the week to visit with his girlfriend also. He is almost always here Tuesday nights, so no surprise when I came in and my husband said he was home and I heard "Hi Mom!". But then there was an echo... "Hi Mom!" And my husband said the other one's here too! Our younger son is in the Army stationed on the other side of the states from us, and he is here on leave for the next two weeks!

YAY!

My husband went out to pick up dinner, as we hadn't planned to feed more than just the two of us. On his way home, he hit a pothole. He now has a flat on his car, and who knows what else damage. Luckily he could take the day off today to deal with that, as we're supposed to be driving to the Seattle area this weekend for a wedding.

Unfortunately, I'm way too busy at work to take the day off too. I'm hoping maybe I can take a day or two while our son is on leave but there's no guarantees. Speaking of which, I need to get moving or I'll be late!
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Oh! How wonderful Shana! I'm so glad they are both home. It's always good when they can get leave and get home isn't it.

Have a blast at the wedding in Seattle. Love Seattle. I always have to go to the pier when I'm in either Seattle or San Fran. Are you in Eastern or Western Washington? I never liked the drive over snoqualmie in the winter.

Dang those pot holes. Hate them. One of them did a number on our daughters tire too last year. I see a big one starting at the top of the ramp I go up on the way to work, so far I've missed it but if there is a car in the next lane, not sure i'll be able to. Might have to change routes until they get that one fixed.

I totally sympathize. Our oldest daughter and grandson are coming for spring break and I can't take any time off work while they are here. Bummer.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Yep it's nice to have him here. Of course, I rushed home after work only to find he was out with friends. He came back for a few minutes and then was back out again for dinner and a movie. I'll see him eventually.

I'm not sure if we'll make it to Seattle after all. The car needs a new wheel and they told my husband it would be 3-4 days before they'd have it. We're in Eastern Washington and I wasn't looking forward to that drive. If we take the truck, we can't all go... and whoever is left home would be without transportation, which isn't ideal. So we'll see.

I told my boss my son is home on leave and he said we'll figure it out. Might get to take a day or two off. Of course, that'll depend on the kid's schedule too. LOL

Have a blast Sharlene.... you certainly deserve it.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Annnnnnd I'm back. as most of you can tell from my frantic catch up on the forum posts. hahahaha It's like going into over drive and I spent hours on here yesterday just trying to get a handle on whats going on with who this past week.
    Sheeezzz you guys have been busy.

Well, sun, sand and surf and oh yea, alchohol and food was definitely what was needed. Yay! Now how do I get to go back soon???? LOL I wish but alas not to be for a bit anyhow.

Work was super hectic today but at least I had the energy to be there which I was sorely lacking prior to the vacation.

Oh yea, we didn't end up keeping the cat, they are doing fine together now at the kids house. I don't think they cared at all for being here and out of their element so to speak. So that is very good news.

Our grandson got cuter while we where away!!! How does That happen? LOL you'd think it would be impossible but nope, I swear he did.

Oh Shana, i do hope you can all get to go together. yea that drive over the pass can be a doozy. I've done it many times and I think my heart was in my throat more than once. LOL Especially in the pickup. I like an SUV better on that road.

Oh gosh, I didn't even get a chance to say because we left right after the party for the airport but the whole thing was a huge hit! Everyone loved the jackets we got for them and the VP of marketing said I'm officially a member of their team now too. LOL We sent jackets to all the Executives in all the cities we have offices in. (yea we know how to kiss up right!!)

The restaurant was wonderful and everyone had a good time and enjoyed themselves, so I consider that a plus. Now the problem is finding someone to pass this all on to as my year is over. See I can totally go around and get people to join in, but then if they find out I am leaving the SC team, suddenly they don't seem as interested. sigh

I'm kind of the cheerleader of the office when it comes to motivating people and even won an award for it this year that was given to me at the Ottawa party. (along with a nice check to go with) You are nominated by your co-workers from all offices across Canada, so as the CEO said, I should be very proud and I am.

Then I found out I got a nice bonus at work, so my manager was laughing and said the company is just throwing money at you. LOL Bonus's are based on meeting smart goals that are set throughout the year. The higher of a percentage you meet in your goals the bigger the bonus. So I admit that I felt pretty good about that considering how chaotic my life was last year with molly and the kids and everything.

Oh yea, another thing. I have been looking at petfinder and adoptapet and oh my god, how does anyone look at those dogs and not end up with at least 10.
    Strays and abandoned seem to really draw me to them. I think Daniel is living in fear of what the house is going to become at some point. hahahahaha

Sharlene I missed you. lol

None of us made it to the wedding. Car wasn't ready and I was sicky! I'm sure we shall pay for it but it is what it is.

Congrats on the accolades!! That's awesome. You should be proud!!

You should be proud, for sure!!!!

You've always been the chief cheerleader for us here, too, Sharlene. So there's no reason why I'd have thought it would be any different at your office...

Sounds like you had fun and that your to-do was a big hit...tho I had not doubt it would be with you at the helm! I'm glad your company recognizes what a prize they have in you just as we do!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.