Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: My big boy Gable - sweet Gabe is now at peace

Default Re: My big boy Gable

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) It is so very hard when we have to face those places and people that bring back those heart-wrenching memories. Just know you are not alone even when you can see us or hear us.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I know...thanks, Leslie.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

How are you and Gable doing?

We are doing fine, Lori. Gable looks and acts great. I showed my sister a recent picture of him and she couldn't believe how much he's slimmed down. I kept him on the 30mg, and he's getting one Apoquel (not sure I spelled it right) a day. At 2.2 I'm wondering when I should have him checked again.

And Doree is doing okay, too. She won't take the pain pills anymore, no matter what I hide them in, and she seems fine, so we're just going to watch her.

How are you?
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

I'm doing ok, I just had a YAG procedure done on my left eye to get rid of some scar tissue that formed over the lens that was replaced 2 years ago, it is so nice to be able to see out of that eye again. Unfortunately the same thing happened to the right eye so I'll be getting that one done too soon.

So glad to hear that Gable is doing great....that's awesome!!! And happy that Doree is holding her own, she's a tough broad!!!!

I think my husband is going to have that procedure done. I'll have to ask him.

I was hoping I was just imagining this, but I've noticed in the past few days that Gable seems to be drinking, eating and panting more. He's been on the 30 mg now for about four weeks. The resting cortisol was 2.2 two weeks ago. So he was two weeks on 30mg before testing. I am perplexed! I'm afraid to raise it even though he showed no signs of being too low. What do you think?

Hey Joan, according to the pre-pill monitoring protocol, a dosing increase can be considered if symptoms remain or rebound with a pre-pill resting cortisol higher than 1.5. So if it were me, I’d probably go ahead and see if the additional 10 mg. improves things.

Thanks, Marianne. I'll see if that works!

Okay, so Gable had the resting cortisol test on Saturday. He is at 3.3 on 40mgs., 30 am and 10 pm. What do you think?

How is he doing, symptom wise? If Gable is doing good in terms of symptoms, then I think the cortisol level is great. If his symptoms still aren’t being controlled to your satisfaction, you could probably tweak his dose a bit upward again, especially since his cortisol level is a tad higher than it was two months ago on the 30 mg. alone.

Marianne