Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wally P. Dogge 09/27/1999-03/15/2011

Default Wally P. Dogge 09/27/1999-03/15/2011

Wally's story began 6 months before he came into our lives. Mark and I brought home a cute and adorable puppy named Fritz. The three of us were very happy until the plastic Dashchund statue made its way into out bed. At that point Fritz needed somebody.

Fritz and I made our way down to Wally's breeders home. Wally was outside. Fritz did not want much to do with the puppies. Wally liked what was in Fritz's food bowl and made himself at home in the front seat of my car. Wally became an instant member of our family. The softball shaped puppy that he was.

Wally was shy. He did not care for strangers nor did he like anybody calling him cute. Although he was very cute or should I say handsome.

Fritz and Wally became fast buddies and traveled everywhere with me. Wally never cared to ever be left alone. Fritz always had to be close by.

The years passed and we played with balls, cyber mouses and zhu zhu pets. The later was always contained in a hamster ball. I kept Petco in business. Outside, he chased the bunnies and guarded the perimeter of his yard.

For as much as Wally played, he developed many health issues. His first were allergies and that eventually lead to Cushing's and then Addison's disease. One serious bout with back issues that lead us to doubt if he would ever walk again. He did and became our miracle. After Wally had passed, Mark reminded me that we had 3 1/2 extra years with Wally. We were blessed to have him.

Wally in February of this year had passed out in my arms. We thought it was Addison's related. In March, we discovered the dual adrenal tumors that blocked the blood flow through his vena cava. Nobody saw this one coming. We tried alpha blockers to allow Wally that final fight. Alas it was not meant to be. On that final night, he played for 45 seconds. Unknown to me at that time, it would be the last time he would play.( I recorded it to show the vet on Wednesday that he was playing. I treasure that recording.) I told him that I would always be with him and he would always be with me. At 3:00am, Wally decided that enough was enough. He began to look for a place to pass one. I held him for the rest of the night and morning until he took his last breath.

Wally found comfort in music, especially Jim Brickman's Coming Home For Christmas. It got him through his back issues. Wally and I often prayed together. Most of the time it was prayers of Thanksgiving for his health and for the homeless dogs without families.

Wally had a big heart. He was your typical dashchund, but marched to his own drummer. As his vet always said, "Wally is Wally." There will never be another Wally, nor would I want another Wally.

In the past month, I have mourned my loss of Wally. I have remembered the good times and the bad times and everything in between. I have memorialized Wally with a donation to the MWDR to help those homeless dogs that we so often had prayed about.

I have hugged Fritz and gave him more attention than ever before. His ALP levels have gone down some in the past month. I thank the good Lord for that.

I have looked at puppies, but realize that it is just too soon. But I learned that there is still room in my heart to love another again.

Wally had many more good days than bad. He would want us to remember him full of life and not like his final 72 hours of life. That is how I remember him. He was after all, my buddy, my Wally.

Default Re: Wally P. Dogge 09/27/1999-03/15/2011

Dear Marge,

Thank you so much for sharing Wally's sweet story with us. The tears are welling in my eyes when I think of your prayers on behalf of Wally and all the homeless babies of the world. As soon as I finish here, I am going to our special candle-lighting site to add a little prayer of my own.

As you have said, there will never be another Wally. He remains a treasured spirit, unique and forever loved. It is our privilege to join you in celebrating his spirit, and in offering you our ongoing support.

Your tribute to Wally is so special and so dear. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Many hugs to you, Marge, always in loving memory of your precious little boy ~
    Marianne

((Hugs)) and prayers for you Marge, and loving memories of sweet little Wally P.

Shelba and Suni~~

Thanks to all of you that have read or posted over the years. I have appreciated all of your support.

I know you will be here when I need you. I will check in every now and then and light a candle for my Wally.

Some of this right now is just too hard to read. I need to let Wally's spirit run free. There is just soo much of him here. Too many memories.

Marianne, thank you for the tribute. Shelba for your thoughts.

Thank you and God Bless Each of you and your Cushpups.

Marge

Dear Marge,

Thank you so much for letting us share in honoring Wally P's life with you. He was such a special little guy and we hold him in our hearts always...as will you.

Take time to heal yourself, do what you must to grieve and let the healing begin. Just know that you have many watching over you and holding you in their thoughts and prayers as you offer up your own for others.

Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh no I'm so very sorry. (((hugs)))

Lynne, Bailey & Angel Clyde

Dear Marge,
    I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Angel Wally. Thank you for sharing your story. It brought tears to my eyes. I am glad you have Fritz, and that you still know that you will have enough love to eventually open up your heart to another precious one when the time is right. I think it is wonderful that you made a donation to DR in honor of Wally. There are so many homeless pets out there due to this economy. It does make a difference even if you don't see it. What a wonderful tribute to Wally. What a special little boy.
    Hugs to you,
    Heidi and the fluffers

Three months, seems like an eternity, seems like yesterday. I miss him all the same.

I know what you mean, Marge. The healing can seem so slow. But I promise it does get better. Time doesn't really heal, it just gives us a chance to adjust and adapt. For a long time, I wanted the pain to stop, to go away and not come back. But I have come to understand the pain is simply an expression of the love. The bonds formed by that love will never break, those "ties that bind" will last for eternity.

You are not alone, Marge. We are here anytime.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thanks for your support.

I do remember Wally often at the candles page.

Last week was 4 months. Time has stood still and has moved on. I found a stash of toys for Wally a couple weeks back. I thought he should of played with each one before he took ill. Although we never knew how sick he was. I packed his toys in with these new ones and placed them on the shelf in a tote with his name on it. It is all that I have left of him. I miss him immensely. Not a day goes by and he does not creep into my thoughts.

Today, I watched the birth of a litter of doxie puppies. They were born of a dog who was in the MWDR rescue. It brought me great joy looking at those little babies. They have the world by the tail.

Fritz and I are surviving the heat. He has made friends with the neighbor dogs but I don't think he wants anybody new in the house,yet.

I have learned to squeeze him extra tight. I have always loved all my boys and girl. Now that it is just Fritz, I cherish my time with him all the more. He goes with me where ever he can go. The heat is just as bad as the freezing cold and he stays home.

I am still adjusting about not going to the vet every month. I don't know how I worked that into my schedule. Somehow I just did.

Yes, time will dull the pain and eventually the end of his days won't be so vivid. I won't recall the hour by hour timeline. However, I will remember his happier days. Wally grading papers with me and cooking in the kitchen. He was forever by my side and I think he will always be.

Yes, someday I will be smitten with another pup. Not yet.

Give your furbabies all an extra squeeze tonight in memory of Wally P.

Marge and Fritz