Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Lena is now an angel

Default Re: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Lena is now an angel

I know, Sharlene...but the daughter doesn't want to keep it. Too much maintenance, too much money to maintain and too much in taxes. She has her own home and life in Bethesda, and it would just sit there neglected. I hope whoever buys it keeps the house, our house with the greenhouse attached and the garden. The houses are beautiful...hers was built in the 20's, ours was updated twice and they look French/Normandy. The houses that they are building in Kings Point now are monstrosities. No beauty, no charm, no taste.

After Lena was diagnosed, I thought we'd go back in the Spring. I wanted to see if she remembered it. She loved exploring the garden, watching the geese (and rolling in their poop!). I can't tell you how many times she'd be green with it and I'd have to give her a bath. She loved the beach and sitting on the dock looking out into Hempstead Harbor, her ears lifting in the breeze off the water. She was so tiny and the dock was so long. She was a beach baby, just like my daughter. I can see her and Andee strolling down the driveway together...Andee a big lab mix with this tiny creature following behind her. It was such a change for both of them, moving to Glen Cove to a 50 x 100 lot! Lena probably didn't mind, but poor Ann had lost her domain, 5 acres overlooking the sound and marshland! No geese, no ducks, no swans...

Now I have to find the pictures, getting nostalgic!
    Last edited by Joan2517; 03-26-2018 at 07:24 AM. Reason: typo
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh my, Joan! What beautiful memories. Again, I feel like I can see it all through your eyes, and what a scene it is. I’m so sorry for your loss of this most special place and time, and for the loss of the precious connections.

I don’t do well with change. I know some people thrive on the excitement of constantly mixing stuff up. But not me. I’m a ritualistic, tradition-honoring kind of gal. I want beloved places, and people, to stay the same. Always.

Our next-door neighbor of 20 years moved away last week. He’s gone far enough away that I know we won’t see him again. How hard it was to stand in the yard together that last morning and say, well, have a good life. Luna loved him and always raced to greet him if she caught sight of him. And he was so, so kind with Peg. There at the end when we had to walk her gingerly around the front yard in her sling, he would come out and stand alongside us. He’d pet her and sweet-talk her. We’d all three have tears in our eyes because we knew what was coming. On the morning after she died, he appeared at our door with a dear sympathy card and a huge hug and a plate of homemade brownies “for the family.”

The new neighbors are here. They seem very nice and have young children and a young Golden Doodle. But they never knew Peg. They have no idea who she was, and we have no memories to share of 20 years of life together in the neighborhood. We’ll all be OK, and we’ll learn about each other. But it won’t be the same. Ever again. And today, that makes me feel really sad.

That is sad, Marianne...what a good neighbor he was.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Hello, my precious...how I miss you! Another Halloween without you. I tried keeping Sibbie on the stoop with me, but she kept barking at the kids and going at them when I tried to give them candy. So unlike you, my angel. I finally put her in and just sat there remembering how pleasant it was when we used to do it. You were so good, Lena, always so good. I think of you, and us, all the time. I talk to you in my mind constantly.

If you were still here I could bring you to work with me now. We Works is dog friendly. I know you wouldn't mind the train and you would be happy to just be with me...and everyone would just love you. The city is disgusting, but having you with me would make it tolerable.

This is the beginning of the holiday season and again, I am not into it. They only make me miss you more, my baby, my angel, my precious Lena. Mommy loves you always and forever, and ever and ever....

((((Hugs))))

Thanks, Lori...sometimes I still can't believe she's gone.

How are you feeling?

I'm feeling better but still have it in my chest...cough...cough...cough!

Yes , the holidays are coming . Such a hard time for the ones that have lost their babies. But yet the mind is flooded with many happy memories . I remember my baby's last Halloween . Dressed in her fairy costume . And Lena would have loved going with you to work . She would be happy just to be with her mommy . Big hugs to you Joan

I would love to see her in her fairy costume! I'll bet she looked adorable, Dawn. Lena didn't really like dresses, but she did like the shirts. Her last Christmas was the first time she ever wore a dress.

I'm so happy to hear from you!

Many, many hugs to you, too....

This is such a beautiful one from Leslie, Lena...and so, so true. You will always have my heart, my precious little girl.

My Friend, My Companion, My Pet

C’mon, old friend, the time has come
    For you to finally rest.
    You’ve given me your finest years
    And I feel truly blessed.
    We’ve walked many trails together
    The best of times we’ve known
    And now your aging body aches
    And I must let you go.

You’ve taught me things I want to know
    How to love, to share, to give,
    To play, to laugh, and most of all
    How wonderful it is to live,
    And perhaps the most important thing-
    How to graciously let go.

Good-bye, old friend, we’ve shared it all-
    Our youth, our aging years
    The best of times, and some hard times…
    I’ve shed my share of tears
    Worrying about you, watching you,
    Fearing when we’d part
    And now old friend, the time has come.
    You know you take my heart.

I’ll miss you every moment
    My heart hurts so inside
    But you’ve suffered much too long, my friend
    And that I can’t abide.

I pet you, gently hugging you.
    I hear you softly moan.
    You must depart,
    You take my heart,
    But you must go alone.

I’ll hold you in my arms, my friend
    And my tears will wet your fur.
    And you’ll know I’ll always love you
    Our loyal bond endures. . .

by Christina