Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redd

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Re: Redd

I am so incredibly sorry Leslie!!!!!
    ((((hugs))))

Sorry I am late to offer my condolences Leslie, so sad to lose them no matter what age or the reason. Big hugs for you xxxxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Leslie, hi.

My apologies for my belated condolences. I'm just now on catching up on posts after a couple of month's absence.

I'm sorry for your loss of Redd. I can imagine how difficult his care was. Gizmo in his last year couldn't hear, see, or walk well. He also had Cushings and pancreatisis. A lot for a little dog to handle!

He came to us at age ten. Like you, my husband and I wish we could have known him as a younger dog. One of the most special gifts we received was a photo from his owner (who was hospitalized and unable to care for him) was a photo from his puppy days. We still have it up in our living room.

Thank you for caring for senior dogs! They're a special bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt's Mom View Post
    This morning our foster boy crossed The Bridge. Redd has been with us for a little over a year. He came with severe heart murmur, dementia, cataracts, hearing that was fading day by day, and Avascular Necrosis of the ears.

Tho we tried, Redd was never able to bond with any of us. He lived to eat, hump, and pee - which he did with abandon ... I kept thinking I wish I could have gotten to know him before he was so deep inside himself, when he was younger and healthier. I could tell he was a sweet little guy and probably quite intelligent.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo