Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So very sad

Default Re: So very sad

Kathy,thank you for your reply.
    Last edited by mommyslittlegirl; 10-17-2015 at 09:30 PM.

It is impossible to have "total muscle atrophy" and still be alive. The heart is a cardiac muscle. The contractions of that muscle pumps the blood throughout the body. As long as it continues to beat, at least one muscle is still working.

When I referred to "complete muscle atrophy", which I'm sure is not the proper term, I was referring to Kiki's issues. The inability to stand, difficulty eating, breathing, slow heart rate, etc.

Oh Dawn, I think you and I are alike in that we both are answer-seekers -- we want, so much, to find an explanation for things that may be going wrong. But I do believe there are times when knowing "why" no longer matters, especially when the answer would not change things. And I do believe that is the point you're at with Kiki. We talked over her diagnosis at length on your other thread, but none if us here and none of your vets can put a name on exactly what is wrong with Kiki. But even if we could, I don't believe that would really change much about how Kiki is feeling and how you are feeling right now.

Each one of us, human and dog alike, only has so much energy within us to live each day. My prayer for you, Dawn, is that you will save your energy spent on wondering "Why," and transform that energy into pure love for Kiki -- holding her and praising her and thanking her. That way, when Kiki's body no longer has enough energy to live through yet another day, her spirit will be full of the love you have passed on to her. Even if you could figure out "Why," it would not help Kiki now. Her body is too frail. But it is never too late to nourish her spirit and nobody on earth can do that better than you. Please let us help you do that.

Marianne

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help me. Even tho I could find no answers to her issues. Do not worry about us. We are both going to be just fine.

We will worry Dawn. We are family here at K9C, but we can only do so much to help long distance. We are positioned all over the world with many different time zones. I personally am in California. Please reach out to some other person where you are and share some of these feelings with them. It's so much better to talk to someone face-to-face.

Many of us have dealt with losing our furry children, including me. We do understand.

Kathy

I don't know of anyone who wouldn't want answers and keep looking for them. Well, that is how people end up on forums like this right.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hugs.

The last three pets I've lost, I knew ahead that there was nothing else could be done. I spent hours talking with them, sharing memories with them through my tears, and giving them every favorite that I could.

It helped. Although nothing can take away the hurt and frustration.

We're thinking of you. Hugs.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

No honey, you're not fine but you aren't supposed to be right now. Watching our beloved babies decline is so very very hard...and there is just no way to be "fine" with it, none at all. It rips out our hearts and flays our souls every second. But because we love them so very much, we take that pain knowing it is nothing more than an expression of the deep abiding love we share with our babies.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Dear Dawn
    Now is when you need the support more than ever. Like Squirts Mom said, you are not fine. This is one of the hardest most renched, difficult things to get through. I kept hoping for a miracle right up to the end. This will take a part of you with it. Kiki is a part of you and will always be a part of you. I wish there was a cure and answer out there for you. We all feel your pain.
    Sending you loving thoughts and prayers.
    Love Sonja, Apollo , Karma and Ariel

Thank you for allowing me to continue to come to this forum. Has anyone ever used an animal communicator.? I think they can communicate with pets.
    Last edited by mommyslittlegirl; 05-16-2017 at 09:49 AM.