Thread: Just wondering!

Default Just wondering!

I have read a lot of threads on here.Im just wondering on how all the fur babies have passed!. Did you just say enough or did they pass in their sleep!..I would greatly appreciate your honesty.
    Cheryl

Default Re: Just wondering!

Tommy passed nearly two years ago. I was with him at the vets when he was put to sleep - he died the way he lived quite and peaceful. Cushings didn't take him - it was kidney cysts. He was 14.5 years old. It was a hard choice but was best for my little mate. And as all who have been through it know that what it's about - doing the right thing by them not you.
    Last edited by Robert; 08-05-2015 at 07:52 PM.

My Squirt passed from old age with help from her mom. She was a bit over 16 years old and her time had come. She had stopped eating and drinking. I saw in her eyes that she had had enough so I made the call to the vet. As long as she was willing to fight, I would fight along with her but when she was thru fighting, it was time for me to stop fighting, too. She told me when it was time.

Some links that may help you - http://pets.webmd.com/features/put-pet-to-sleep

http://www.petmd.com/blogs/fullyvett...-your-pet-6745

https://rainbowsbridge.com/Grief_Sup...a_pet_down.htm

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-exp...to-say-goodbye

http://www.pet-informed-veterinary-a...uthanasia.html
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hello. Thanks for your replies! My Amber is such a beautiful soul and has been for the 9 yrs that we have had her. Shes a rescue so her age is really unknown We think shes around 10-12..When i think back she;s probably had cushings for sometime but i never really picked up on it until all the symptons were telling us something is wrong. I just cant stand watching her decline so fast and there's nothing i can do about it.
    We have her on medication for the cushings and pain but she is not the same happy dog! actually, shes very stressed. so much as i cant leave the house for any lenght of time because she works herself up so bad it takes hours to calm her down..All she does is sleep and eat and shes such a big dog its hard for her to get up. Thats why shes on pain controll for the arthritis that has developed.Her weight is 75 pounds.Yes she's a big dog but all baby! she has been all the time we had her..Im guessing she had a bad puppy life because this dog wont leave my side. when she was up to it we would take her to the dog run, eveyone would laugh that amber would not leave me and go run with the other dogs..lol
    I think she was so thankful to be in our home that she never wanted to leave thats why its breaking my heart right now..
    Is she happy!? Is she content!? Is she in a lot of pain!?....I just wish that she could talk and tell me what to do!!!

Thanks for listening..
    Cheryl
    Last edited by cherylhare; 08-06-2015 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Oh I just wanted to say that my vet tells me she has seperation anxiety!?

I just wanted to say that my vet thinks amber has seperation anxiety!?

Sorry for the belated response to your question. In one of the hardest decisions, my husband and I ever made we brought Gizmo to the vet.

Cushing didn't take him, but repeated attacks of pancreatisis wore out his body. With the last one, the treatment didn't work.

Our dog who loved food and walks, despite being finicky and crippled, stopped eating or moving about. The vet told us there were no treatments left.

Our dog who didn't like to snuggle laid with us in his final hours. He curled his paws around my husband's hands and just lay there. It was time to say goodbye.

How is Amber?
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

Apollo had intestinal issues and two skin infections, mange from his weakened immune system. The strong meds for his skin infections, ivermectine, and double dosage on Advantage caused severe ulcers in his intestines, the last ultrasound showed numerous liaison in his intestines. He also had pancreatitis. And stopped eating the last few weeks. Like your baby, he loved to eat. He also had muscular myopathy. He died 3 years ago in my arms. I miss him every day.
    Sonja,Angel Apollo,Angel Karma,Ariel