Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Abby.

Default Re: Goodbye Abby.

https://imgur.com/a/Qb3UI#0
    My dear friends,
    I cannot tell you how much your prayers and condolences and words of kindness, hope, and comfort have meant to me. I read these posts daily because it is hard for me to even get out of bed, knowing I will never see my dog again.

You have been my backbone, keeping me going through this horrible, unbearable time and I cannot thank you enough. I could never thank you enough. The picture of Abby in the sunlight looking back at me was taking very very recently. She was in so much pain and I kept telling her, it'll all be over soon baby. The pain will be gone soon, I promise. I think she truly understood me. Because on the last day of her life, she wasn't anxious or scared. She was peaceful, calm, and ready. Now I know why. You've all given me so much faith and strength. I really hope she knows much she is loved and missed, I really hope she will see me again in heaven.
    All my love
    -Meg
    Last edited by Meg_Elizabeth; 06-24-2015 at 05:51 PM. Reason: addition

Oh Meg, she will see you again. I truly believe she will.
    It gives me a sense of relief that she took her last breath in your tender, loving arms. I think it was a great comfort to her in her last moment because that was all she ever wanted. Being loved by you in your arms. She left us as a happy dog because at that moment nothing else mattered to her, the struggle, the pain, the separation, the loneliness ..., none of those mattered to her.
    She slipped into a deep sleep peacefully knowing she was being loved by you right in your arms. That's all she knew and that's all that mattered to her at that moment and we all know how they live in the moment to the fullest.
    I hope you can find some comfort in that.
    You will see your sweet angel again, Meg. I truly believe you will.
    Last edited by My sweet Ginger; 06-25-2015 at 03:17 PM.

I'm so sorry Meg. Abby always was so very photogenic. Her coat always looked really good and she had an inquisitive look about it. Ready to face the world.
    She was truly an inspiring furbaby. I always loved her pictures.

Big hugs.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Dear Meg I am so sorry for your lose. Abby was truly a beautiful little girl. I don't know why but I am crying . May your sweet angel be at peace. She will always been in your heart and soul. We are here to get you through the pain,grief and lose.
    Sonja,Angel Apollo

Hi Meg,

I truly know how worried you have been all along about how you were going to cope when Abby finally joined the others at the rainbow bridge. Right now your heart is broken. We understand. Too many of us have been there and we have all survived and you will too.

I am much older than you are Meg. Several of my beloved fur babies are now at the rainbow bridge, two of which were heart dogs. I, like you had a furry little brother who was with me from the time I was three until he crossed after my 18th birthday. I have two older brothers, but Spot was my soulmate, best friend and by far my best brother. I would've easily traded in one of my real brothers, either one, to keep Spot with me forever. That was the first time that my heart was truly broken, yet I survived. I had a few other dogs between Spot and Buddy. I loved them, but they were not heart dogs. I really did not think I would ever have another heart dog again. Well, Buddy came along and that all changed. So, over 10 years later, I lost another heart dog and yes, my heart was shattered again, yet I survived. Now I have another dog that I love very much. As of now, she is not a heart dog, but she is young and adorable and who knows? The point being… I keep getting my heart broken, I know it's coming, but being blessed enough to be loved and accepted by someone so fully for just being myself is so worth it.

So Meg, yes your heart is broken now, but think of your sweet angel Abby and how much being loved by her for so long and so fully will mean to you forever. Love like that will stay with you for a lifetime.

I have really tried to stress upon you all along that I am not all wise and do not have all the answers to the questions you seek. I have tried to listen, support and encourage you to reach out to the others also because this group is so kind, loving and experienced. They have guided me in ways that I never would have thought of myself and saved my sanity when I needed someone the most. This is a family here. That doesn't change when our babies fly.

Know that Abby would want you to find peace within youself and remember the happier, healthier days together.

Note!!!! Please discuss Abby's crossing with your doctors, counselors and therapists. You have a whole team at your disposal. They are there to guide you and help. Use them!
    Kathy
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 06-26-2015 at 12:37 AM. Reason: To add note

Hugs to everyone .... This is a pain I would never wish on anyone. Abby was so loved, the cards and gifts are pouring in. RIP my beloved best friend. My heart aches for you, I see you everywhere, I hear your footprints in the foyer, I see your tiny head popping in my room to ask for a walk. I miss you with every fiber of my being and would do anything to see you and be with you again. My only relief comes in knowing your prancing happily, free of pain, through heaven with all our fur babies. I hope you know I love you so much Abby. I hope you feel my love. I hope you never forget me. I hope you forgive me for letting you suffer so long. Talk to you soon, angel.
    Xoxo Mom

After Squirt had to go, I would see her all over the place, hear her coming down the hall or moving around in the closet where she liked to lay. At first, it made me hurt all over when that happened and it happened often. Then it brought me a deep peace and comfort when I realized I wasn't seeing her as she was her last year in this life, I was seeing her as she is now - strong, full of energy and mischief again, her tail held high, a light dancing in her eye, her steps light and prancing. So I knew without question she was well and oh so much better than when she left. Today, over a year later, I rarely see her or hear her any more and I miss that terribly. Sometimes she comes when I am really low or when I ask her to go somewhere with me but I know she understands her mom is healing, slow but sure, and mom no longer needs to be reminded so often of what a glorious life she has today. Don't get me wrong - I still cry every day missing her and at times would give everything I am to hold her one more time.

Meg, we will both get that wish one of these days - we WILL get to hold our baby girls again. But not yet. We both have a job to do here in this life first. You may not know yet what that job is for you but you will learn in time. Abby may even help show you.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you so much for your post Leslie, because I truly thought I was crazy. It gives me hope, that I'll survive this. That Abby is in a better place, and she wouldn't want me to spend all day sobbing by her memorial. I know it sounds so pathetic but she was my best friend, my soul mate, she was a part of me. I don't know how to live in a world without my little Abby. There is a puppy here, I'm about to post, but I feel nothing but grief.

Give yourself time to feel what you need to feel Meg and be gentle with yourself. Broken hearts take time time to heal. Baby steps sweetie.