Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Quincy, from Polish straydog to Dutch service dog

Default Re: A new thread, a new search...

Oh look at Obi! Very precious and playful looking. Can't wait for the report on Monday after you meet up.
    Hope he is as smart and wonderful as he looks!
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thanks Sharlene I'll make sure to update you all tomorrow...

Saskia

Well, today's a sad day. Things didn't go at all as I was expecting...and that has nothing to do with Obi. When I arrived at the place and the door opend, the most heavy air of urine I have ever smelled "embraced" me to the point I had to gag. I followed the lady in and what I saw, I can't describe it. The house was so very filthy. I was led into a small room (on my way to that room I saw at least a dozen cats everywhere..between loads of rubble) where there were 2 small brown dogs and Obi. Obi was very frightened, tail between his legs and the 2 (much smaller) brown dogs were biting Obi and the poor thing just sat there, scared and frightened. I was stunned! I quickly asked if I could take Obi out and spend some time alone with him...and that was okay. On the way to the fenced in area outside where I could spent some time alone with Obi, I heard lots of other dogs barking, coming from sheds shattered all over the place. She told me she had 47 dogs! I have not ever seen anything more appauling then what I saw today.

Well, the woman left and I spent some time alone with Obi but the poor guy was so scared, he never even came near me. I had to leave him behind eventhough it broke my heart. I cried all the way back home...but I simply can not afford financially to keep a second dog, beside the service dog that I need. The moment I came home I called the animalcops and they promissed me they will go there and have a look... I hope they can close this place down and Obi will find a very warm and safe home that will help him heal and grow so he can have bright future

Saskia.

What an arrow through all our hearts, and most especially yours. Poor, poor little Obi. What a sad world we do live in, when people will treat innocent creatures in this way.

Sas, I am again so sorry. But I refuse to give up hope for you and for the companion that is meant to be yours.

Thank goodness tomorrow will bring a new day.

I am Not giving up hope either and today while it might not have yielded the results we were all hoping for in regards to you finding a new companion, might have in fact, saved many animals from a bad situation and given them a chance to find loving homes and not be terrorized.
    So, we're going to make a mark in the positive column for todays trip.
    Your search simply, continues.
    We all look forward to traveling the road with you.

hugs
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Sas, I've not posted to you with Mhina's passing, so let me just say that I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

Now, on to what happened with little Obi. Of course, when I saw you were going to meet another Obi, I got a chuckle & told my Obi that he had a kindred spirit in the Netherlands. If I had made that trip to meet Obi, I would have been absolutely devastated, & wanted to take Obi, & all of his friends home with me. I'm certainly glad you contacted the proper authorities to have this situation looked into, & hopefully, they will do something about this woman. Even better, I hope they remove all of the pups from her "care", & put them some place safe where they have hopes of finding a forever home.

I know deep in my heart that there is another companion waiting for you, & that he or she will be uncovered during your search.

Huge hugs,
    Debbie
    Mom to 2 Cushing's angels

Today I got a call from the National Society for the protection of Animals. They had received the report from the animalcops and wanted to talk to me some more about what I saw. After telling them my story they said they would go there and see for themselves what was going on there. I told them there also were children living there and with that amoniumsmell it was a very unhealthy place to live in, not only for the animals but also for the children (and all humans) So they will also take the Childrens welfare organisation with them.

They will let me know what has happened, after they have visited there...

Saskia.

Good job Saskia. At least they are aware and will be sending both agencies out.
    How very heart breaking for those poor dogs and poor kids too.

hugs
    Sharlene and molly muffin

Today I received a phonecall from the servicedogschool.... They have a "shrunken-in-the-laundry" size Goldendoodle (They know how much I want a medium sized dog...because they fit in my lap)

I was hesitant (but I'm afraid after all my recent experiences with canine health, I'll be hesitant no matter what dog, what breed...or where it comes from) but they said they would send me a short video of Fay (that's her name) during a training session. Well, I saw the video and ohhhhhh well....I would almost say "the rest is history"

They will get back to me with her exact height and weight and the results of her hips and elbows x-rays. I liked her "will-to-please" a lot, she seems rather eager to work but I also found it difficult that she looked a lot like Mhina. They told me that where Mhina had the typical curly poodlecoat, Fay's coat, once it has grown again is more like the coat of a Bearded Collie, so, the fleecy, weavy kind of coat. No curls.

Here's the short video of Fay training...

http://youtu.be/pPZMuVk4iIo

If her size is indeed not that large, then she may come and visit me next week orso...

Saskia

Ah yes, forgot to mention she is a bit of a handfull apparently. In a good way of course but she is not all that "obedient" if she sees a chance to have some fun So a little bit of a challenge...but I like that
    Last edited by SasAndYunah; 02-05-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Ah Sas, what focus and attention!

I do understand about the resemblance to Mhina, but if she does end up joining you, I'm sure Fay's own "self" will soon come shining through.

I'll be waiting so anxiously to hear more!!!