Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast

Thread: new from europe (arthritis and vetoryl?) - Ian, Flynn and Enya have passed

Default Re: new from europe (arthritis and vetoryl?) - Ian, Flynn and Enya have passed

Dear Iris,

I am so so sorry to hear about our precious Enya. You and she were so close for so long - I know how you will miss her. She came into this life with your love and she left this life with that same love. What a wonderful gift!

Your family here is with you. Any time you want or need to talk we are here. Even tho you have been thru this more than once, it is never the same just as each love is never the same. So know you are not alone, that you are among those who truly understand and even more, care.

My deepest sympathies,
    Leslie

FROM FRIEND TO FRIEND

You're giving me a special gift,
    So sorrowfully endowed,
    And through these last few cherished days,
    Your courage makes me proud.

But really, love is knowing
    When your best friend is in pain,
    And understanding earthly acts
    Will only be in vain.

So looking deep into your eyes,
    Beyond, into your soul,
    I see in you the magic, that will
    Once more make me whole.

The strength that you possess,
    Is why I look to you today,
    To do this thing that must be done,
    For it's the only way.

That strength is why I've followed you,
    And chose you as my friend,
    And why I've loved you all these years...
    My partner 'til the end.

Please, understand just what this gift,
    You're giving, means to me,
    It gives me back the strength I've lost,
    And all my dignity.

You take a stand on my behalf,
    For that is what friends do.
    And know that what you do is right,
    For I believe it too.

So one last time, I breathe your scent,
    And through your hand I feel,
    The courage that's within you,
    To now grant me this appeal.

Cut the leash that holds me here,
    Dear friend, and let me run,
    Once more a strong and steady dog,
    My pain and struggle done.

And don't despair my passing,
    For I won't be far away,
    Forever here, within your heart,
    And memory I'll stay.

I'll be there watching over you,
    Your ever faithful friend,
    And in your memories I'll run,
    ...a young dog once again.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: new from europe (arthritis and vetoryl?) - Ian and Flynn have passed

Oh Iris,

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious girl, Enya, and my heart goes out to you at this painful time. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

With Heartfelt Sympathy, Lori

Default Re: new from europe (arthritis and vetoryl?) - Ian and Flynn have passed

thank you all.
    it is very quiet in the house. since her brother ian died, she was my shadow. never a day apart in our whole life.
    her mom was born in 1995, so i had this family of dogs for 23 years.
    i am alone, so she was like a child to me.
    i don't know how to handle this right now............................................... ..............................

You are never alone unles you want to be. We are here for you.

Right now, do not try to HANDLE anything. Just try to hang on as you get through each moment. One moment, one hour and then one day at a time.

I am so sorry that it was Enya's time to fly. There is never enough time.

Hugs,

Quote Originally Posted by flynnandian View Post
    i don't know how to handle this right now............................................... ..............................
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

We are definitely here for you, Iris, please do come talk to us anytime...we love you.

((((Hugs))))

you all know what it is to have to say goodbye to your beloved dog.
    in the end you have to take more care of them. they need to go out more, broken nights etc.
    i didn't expect this to happen, the vet and i thought it was just an uti.
    before i left for the vet a neighbor made 21 pictures of us.
    i burried her with her mother and brother, so they are together again.
    that is really some comfort to me.

Default Re: new from europe (arthritis and vetoryl?) - Ian, Flynn and Enya have passed

Oh Iris, I read just a little while ago how sad it is for Queen Elizabeth that she had to put down her last corgi from the line that started with the little girl she was gifted with on her 16th birthday. To have had beloved companions from the same line from the age of 16 to the age of 92, and then for them all to be gone...well, I just feel so sad for her!

I know your line of dogs didn’t span as many years, but I’m certain they were loved no less. So once again, I can surely imagine the double pain you are feeling right now. The loss of Enya in her own right, and also the end of the family connection.

I am glad they are all three buried together. That seems only fitting and right. And I’m glad you can find some peace in that, as well. I know it’s probably small comfort, but still a bit of comfort just the same.

Thinking of you all today, and honoring the memory of your sweet little family.
    Marianne

yes, queen elisabeth always had a corgi or more from the same line of dogs.
    when one dies, you always have a family member to comfort you.
    i thought it was the same with her ponies i believe.
    yes my dogs are together again and i am going to be buried next to them and my father.
    it is a natural burial site in a forest, so you can choose your own spot where you want to be buried.
    you can also bury an urn or just spread the ashes.
    it is beautiful out there.....

Iris, I'm very sorry to read of the loss of your beloved Enya. To lose all from the line, well, that is quite heartbreaking in addition to losing Enya.

That sounds like a lovely burial spot for all you. Day by day is the only way to deal with these kinds of loss and maybe even moment by moment as you know.

My sincerest condolences.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Iris, I really am so sorry to read about Enya, especially as she was the last of your line. I can't begin to understand how you must be feeling and I know it doesn't help but I will be thinking of you.
    My sympathies